Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    must be provider dependent as I have the droid x 2 on verizon paired with my tablet and activated sharing wifi internet and no sharing.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Turn off the wifi on both.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdamention View Post
    I use my iPhones 3G Connection when out and about to tether to my Transformer Prime. However, I have to tether my Prime to my Iphone via Blutooth for it to work. So when I set up MyWi on my iPHone, i turn it on to start broadcasting a WiFi signal, then I select BluTooth which allows my prime to connect and share the 3G Connection.

You have to make sure to go to Settings in the Prime, click on Blutooth, then click on your iPhone under paired device. There is a little settings button next to your iPHone in the Prime BlueTooth Settings. That will allow you to check the box for "Internet Access" via blutooth.

Works great!
    I was wondering about this. What provider do you have and is there a charge for being able to do this on your iPhone?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    There's a PDAnet Tablet (new) on the Market - the earlier version now has (old) next to the name. It lets you connect with Bluetooth (needs PDAnet 3.25 on the phone but I can't find it anywhere), and through WiFi (requires FoxFi on the phone). I was never able to get a bluetooth connection going with my LG Ally with the old PDAnet Tablet but FoxFi does the trick.

"FoxFi (Beta)" is in the Market and doesn't need rooting. Tried it yesterday and it works great with and without PDAnet Tablet (new). FoxFi makes the phone into a WiFi hotspot and the TP can connect to it directly or through "PDAnet Tablet (new)". It seems to enable the builtin 3G hotspot by bypassing the carriers blocks. FoxFi has a list of phones on which it doesn't work so check it before installing.

On the subject of PDAnet Tablet (new) with FoxFi, I don't know why PDAnet Tablet would be needed in conjunction with FoxFi since any WiFi device can connect directly to FoxFi anyway as if it's a regular AP. Does it do any extra masking of packets or something?
    Transformer Prime TF201 Champagne (BCOKAS).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bhl62 View Post
    There's a PDAnet Tablet (new) on the Market - the earlier version now has (old) next to the name. It lets you connect with Bluetooth (needs PDAnet 3.25 on the phone but I can't find it anywhere), and through WiFi (requires FoxFi on the phone). I was never able to get a bluetooth connection going with my LG Ally with the old PDAnet Tablet but FoxFi does the trick.

"FoxFi (Beta)" is in the Market and doesn't need rooting. Tried it yesterday and it works great with and without PDAnet Tablet (new). FoxFi makes the phone into a WiFi hotspot and the TP can connect to it directly or through "PDAnet Tablet (new)". It seems to enable the builtin 3G hotspot by bypassing the carriers blocks. FoxFi has a list of phones on which it doesn't work so check it before installing.

On the subject of PDAnet Tablet (new) with FoxFi, I don't know why PDAnet Tablet would be needed in conjunction with FoxFi since any WiFi device can connect directly to FoxFi anyway as if it's a regular AP. Does it do any extra masking of packets or something?
    I installed Foxfi beta on my rooted evo and tethering worked on the prime with ics. Im using it to post this message.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I Read this Thread With Great Interest. Last Night I .........

downloaded pdanet 3.25 on the laptop. usb cable connect to droid x and load to the phone. Unplug the usb and turn on pdanet on the phone. Turned on ipad2 and turned on bluetooth. Worked flawlessly and no changing of proxy numbers, etc. very simple. Am I missing something or does the newer pdanet 3.25 take care of the proxy thing? I didn't use padnet tablet at all. Using the trial version right now. If anybody sees that I've messed up or am heading for problems let me know before I buy.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I use FoxFi with my razr Max. Works for my I pad 2 as well as my TF101.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    I've got a rooted intercept with Wireless Tether for Root Users. Used it a little while ago to sync The Onion on Kindle.

However, being a prepaid user, I basically get leftover 3g access. It *rarely* goes over 800kbps. My ex raped my credit and left it in a ditch...so Sprint nor Verizon will even talk to me. I considered switching providers...but I don't want/need another phone and will probably invest in some mobile hotspot.

I don't have an HD Slingbox...the SD version works fine...plus I've been very under impressed with the picture quality, I fear the HD one will have higher resolution without much improvement. Those boxes don't de-interlace well.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links