Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by samtgrizz View Post
    RicksPrime, In your post, you said that your phone is rooted. If that is the case, just download Barnacle WiFi Tether from the market to your phone. Launch it and your Transformer will see it as a hotspot.
    Never used Barnacle, but heard about it. But I don't think I need to b/c I have Wireless Tether working and I think Sprint blocks (somehow) the hotspot feature Barnacle will use anyway.

Problem for me is, the wireless connection is to slow to display HD content using SlingBox, that is why I was really hoping someone would say, "oh yeah, just connect via micro to USB, Prime to phone.

What really confuses me is why my wireless connection is not fast enough using my phone, BTW, I DO have 4G WiMax working.

I will test my laptop using the wireless tether option on my phone tomorrow. Meanwhile, someone please write a micro/USB driver,
    smiling......
    ================================================== ====================
    Transformer Prime TF201 - ICS - Rooted
    Android Version: 4.0.3 / Kernel Version: 2.6.39.4-00003-g2108187 android@Mercury #1
    GPS Version: 6.9.13 / Build Number: IML74K.US_epad_9.4.2.15-20120221
    Wi-Fi Version: 6.1.1.18 / Pad EC Version: TF201-PAD-0214
    Bluetooth Version: 9.26 / MobileDock Version: TF201-DOCK-0206

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Anyone uses PDAnet on a VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the TPrime?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I use Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether between my Galaxy Nexus and TP and it works well for me. Very simple to toggle on and off, and available in the market.
    Last edited by bmacgyver; 01-06-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Richman21 View Post
    Anyone uses PDAnet on a VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the TPrime?
    This method is working great with my HTC Thunderbolt on VZW. Should be just as good on the SGN.

Great workaround to not have the mobile hotspot fee. I only need the tab to have mobile internet once in a while.

I wish they would just hit for a flat $100 a month and here's everything plan. Would it kill them? They'd probably actually get more customers.
    ASUS Transformer Prime - Ordered 11/22 from Best Buy - Shipped 12/20 - Delivered 12/28
    Archos 101IT - G8
    Archos 80 - G9
    HTC Thunderbolt

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacgyver View Post
    I use Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether between my Galaxy Nexus and TP and it works well for me. Very simple to toggle on and off, and available in the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by AsusFaninNC View Post
    This method is working great with my HTC Thunderbolt on VZW. Should be just as good on the SGN.

Great workaround to not have the mobile hotspot fee. I only need the tab to have mobile internet once in a while.

I wish they would just hit for a flat $100 a month and here's everything plan. Would it kill them? They'd probably actually get more customers.
    Thanks! I have already downloaded that. Works fine, except for, I don't know if it's related or not, but I used the Wifi Hotspot app for about ten minutes, closed it out, opened another internet dependent app and had a audible "pop" then no connections at all. Took it VZW, my radios died. So, I been hesitant to use it again on my Nexus.

Have you guys been using it pretty regular? and no problems?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    A solution to tether your Prime. Guys, if you have a android phone and it "is" rooted, you can use WiFi Tether. You can find it here: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
    ================================================== ====================
    Transformer Prime TF201 - ICS - Rooted
    Android Version: 4.0.3 / Kernel Version: 2.6.39.4-00003-g2108187 android@Mercury #1
    GPS Version: 6.9.13 / Build Number: IML74K.US_epad_9.4.2.15-20120221
    Wi-Fi Version: 6.1.1.18 / Pad EC Version: TF201-PAD-0214
    Bluetooth Version: 9.26 / MobileDock Version: TF201-DOCK-0206

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i connected my nexus to TF. can i use my nexus internet access to web through TF/ itried it did not work. any toughts

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the old PDANet on the Droid 2 which I used for my laptop on the road. Have new a prime with ICS. Have been trying to get the prime tethered to the droid. Downloaded the PDA net for the tablets. Not luck. Last day or 2 they cam up with a new version for tablets. Downloaded it. But have not run it.

Before I downloaded it though I was screwing around with bluetooth, paired them, turned off the WIFI on the Prime and bang the Prime has bluetooth connection to droid and is sharing the connection to the internet.

Scared now to run the new PDA net for tablets as it is working with out any version running.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    and you have to turn wifi off on the droid also! so i have a 3 g connection to the internet, via the droid and neither are what you guys call rooted.

So wifi off on both devices. You turn wifi on on either device and the prime no longer has interment.

In the lower left corner of the unlock opening screen it now says bluetooth tethered....

Turned everything on an off about 5 times, uninstalled all pda net from prime, an it still works. YES!
    Last edited by wulffpack; 02-02-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I use my iPhones 3G Connection when out and about to tether to my Transformer Prime. However, I have to tether my Prime to my Iphone via Blutooth for it to work. So when I set up MyWi on my iPHone, i turn it on to start broadcasting a WiFi signal, then I select BluTooth which allows my prime to connect and share the 3G Connection.

You have to make sure to go to Settings in the Prime, click on Blutooth, then click on your iPhone under paired device. There is a little settings button next to your iPHone in the Prime BlueTooth Settings. That will allow you to check the box for "Internet Access" via blutooth.

Works great!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links