Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Can't believe I'm sayin this...but alas... I must return my Transformer Prime

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    At the risk of sounding like a whiner, those of you who have a prime, excuse me i mean Prime already... do you notice a little wiggle in the charger connection? It may have always been there but it's not something I looked for until I had charging problems... if it's always there then I'm cool with that, I just want to make sure I didn't make it happen during my attempts to revive my friend.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorDroid View Post
    What a day today. My dog, a faithful and dear Goldie had to be put down after many many months of health problems and as if that weren't tough enough to handle, my TP stopped charging.

I've tried all the tips and tricks, NOTHING. I must say I'm not happy with Asus about the QC's...HOWEVER (put the torches away) I'm not one of those people who are going ot jump on the "bash ASUS bandwagon" It is what it is. I will patiently await my new A. TP and hope to have one within a month.

For what it's worth, charging issue aside, I seemed to have a great unit. No backlight bleeding, no scratches, no GPS issues, no major wifi issues. I can only hope to get so lucky next time. Maybe it's all for the best for now, maybe latter (yes latter) batches will have some of the quirks ironed out. Also I can now cancel my dock order and just hope to get the dock and prime from BB at the same time instead of getting one from Amazon and another from BB or any other company.

Overall this device is beast... no real complaints. Can't wait to replace it. Maybe I'll get a champagne one instead and name it Goldie in honor of my dog lol.
    I feel you on the Dog..I been there..My Chessie was 16 years old when she went to Doggie Heaven. I had a Vet
    coming to my house so I could hold her and whisper in her ear while he put her down. Sadly she went away during the night before. I was heartbroken and cried like a baby when I found her in the morning .

Yes ..Name your new champagne "Goldie" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PastorDroid and kariworld like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERBOLT View Post
    I feel you on the Dog..I been there..My Chessie was 16 years old when she went to Doggie Heaven. I had a Vet
    coming to my house so I could hold her and whisper in her ear while he put her down. Sadly she went away during the night before. I was heartbroken and cried like a baby when I found her in the morning .

Yes ..Name your new champagne "Goldie" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't even think I liked the dog to be honest. He made it clear i was his human though. For the most part he was the companion of my kids and wife, I just fed him, walked him and cleaned up his poop lol. I thought I'd be cool so I'm like "honey I'll take him when it needs to be done cuz you'll cry like a baby and not be able to do it" So i get to the vet to day for the procedure, Hunter looked up at me and gave me his paw as if to say "it's ok" and that's all it took. There sat a 285 lb 6'1 inch tall African American, former Marine sobbing like a child...of course that made all the ladies in the clinic start crying... I miss the fella...(and to bring this back to TP so i don't get yelled at by the Mods) BUT the Transformer Prime will do a great job of keeping me smiling and occupied!

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    I didn't even think I liked the dog to be honest. He made it clear i was his human though. For the most part he was the companion of my kids and wife, I just fed him, walked him and cleaned up his poop lol. I thought I'd be cool so I'm like "honey I'll take him when it needs to be done cuz you'll cry like a baby and not be able to do it" So i get to the vet to day for the procedure, Hunter looked up at me and gave me his paw as if to say "it's ok" and that's all it took. There sat a 285 lb 6'1 inch tall African American, former Marine sobbing like a child...of course that made all the ladies in the clinic start crying... I miss the fella...(and to bring this back to TP so i don't get yelled at by the Mods) BUT the Transformer Prime will do a great job of keeping me smiling and occupied!
    Are you kidding, no Mod is going to yell at you after that story!
    PastorDroid likes this.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    What a day today. My dog, a faithful and dear Goldie had to be put down after many many months of health problems and as if that weren't tough enough to handle, my TP stopped charging.

I've tried all the tips and tricks, NOTHING. I must say I'm not happy with Asus about the QC's...HOWEVER (put the torches away) I'm not one of those people who are going ot jump on the "bash ASUS bandwagon" It is what it is. I will patiently await my new A. TP and hope to have one within a month.

For what it's worth, charging issue aside, I seemed to have a great unit. No backlight bleeding, no scratches, no GPS issues, no major wifi issues. I can only hope to get so lucky next time. Maybe it's all for the best for now, maybe latter (yes latter) batches will have some of the quirks ironed out. Also I can now cancel my dock order and just hope to get the dock and prime from BB at the same time instead of getting one from Amazon and another from BB or any other company.

Overall this device is beast... no real complaints. Can't wait to replace it. Maybe I'll get a champagne one instead and name it Goldie in honor of my dog lol.
    I'm sorry about the loss of your friend Goldie. It hurts to lose a good friend. Primes can always be replaced.
    PastorDroid likes this.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    I'm sorry about the loss of your friend Goldie. It hurts to lose a good friend. Primes can always be replaced.
    and that folks is what we call perspective prioritizing.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    Just one perspective: I lucked into a TF101 at 11am on BF at BB. Tablet for $250 and Dock for$99. Couldn't believe my luck. Loved it. At 7pm on the 14th day, the charger died. Hurried down to BB and the Geek Squad confirmed the charger was dead. They had no other chargers to offer me, so I could do a warranty exchange or return the TF. Knowing the TP was due any day, I opted to return it. (after I wiped it and processed the return, I saw a display model with a charger they could have given me) Fast forward to today. Here I sit with no TF101 and no TF201, wishing I had kept the 101 and found a replacement charger elsewhere. I was really kicking myself for awhile, but after reading about all the TP issues, I've decided to wait to see what CES brings.

If you have a good Prime now, consider this: "A bird in the hand..."

And my condolences on Goldie.
    PastorDroid likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links