Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    25 times

Slow file transfer over USB.....also other USB ponderings.....

When I first got my Prime, an whole 4 days ago, I had a number of files on my old tablet to transfer to my Prime and 1GB was taking FOREVER. I turned off the USB debugging and it seemed much faster, but still a bit slow. Anyone use USB connection to copy files to the Prime and if so how and how do you find the speed?

On my old 3.02 tablet when I connected I had a USB connection enable/disable. Now when I connect on the toolbar on the tablet I have an Asus Sync and if I tap that I get a "Searching Asus Sync on your computer". I don't want to sync I just want to mount as a USB device on the PC. What's up with that and can I do that or is Asus Sync their answer to PC connection?

Also I've heard conflicting things on charging the tablet from USB on the computer. does it or doesn't it? Right now I am connected and it doesn't have the magic lightning bolt showing that it is charging so unless there is something special that needs to be done I am guessing not.

Happy New Year.

p.s. ICS in one week(and two days)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well first off: Which OS are you using?

I don't use asus sync or anything else that a stock windows 7 x64 professional. Not even an usb driver. When i connect my prime a window pops up where i can select the prime and just transfer my files to the filesystem of it. The speed is as fast as i'd expect my usb 2.0 connection to be (about the same speed as my external hard drives). So no complaints about the speed on my side. Of course it could be faster, but that's always the case isn't it?

About the usb charging. Never tried it but i remember something about it only charging over usb if it is turned off completely. You might wanna try that.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbieler View Post
    Well first off: Which OS are you using?

I don't use asus sync or anything else that a stock windows 7 x64 professional..
    I'm not using Asus Sync on the PC it starts automatically on the Prime. Is there a way to disable Asus Sync on the tablet and just have it show the regular USB connection? Do you have USB debugging on or off? I turned it off but it re-enabled. I'm using the latest OS on the Prime, and Windows 7 Enterprise on the PC.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have usb-debugging enabled but just out of habit. Don't need it atm. Just tried it without and it still works like it does when it's enabled.
    You can indeed disable asus sync on the prime. Because i have a german interface i can only give you a rough translation. Dunno how the menu is called in englisch. Go to settings -> account & synchronization -> start asus sync. Deselect asus sync and it should be gone.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links