Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    723 times

Prime Update Warning/Suggestion

Yes there is an update out there to help improve things so this isn't new but certain parts of the update process are very slow and may even make you think it has frozen or locked up. Be patient during the update process and do not stop it until it is complete. Let it sit there on whatever screen it seems to be hung on for 5-8 minutes and it really should/will work thru the process. Rebooting before updating is always a good idea to get all other apps closed and out of the way.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I rebooted right before the updates but never hung at all. definitely slower than the first but was done with all three in 5mins....
    rwniel and DrMightySnake like this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1546 times
    I would have to say that the size of the update must have been quite large. I've been though several on the TF101 and now the TF201 and this was a biggie. Also it would help if you had a least a 75% charge.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    723 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drpoomanchu View Post
    I rebooted right before the updates but never hung at all. definitely slower than the first but was done with all three in 5mins....
    I rebooted and mine hung. I also read in another thread that another user bricked his unit and Asus couldn't even help so he is sending it back to them. So this thread is just to possibly inform some who may run into issues to just let it run and not press the power button thinking that it is just frozen.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

update problem

When I woke up this morning there was a firmware update available (as you stated). I went ahead and rebooted my Prime and then performed the update. When the update said that it had completed, I attempted to tap the "x" to close out the box but the screen was unresponsive. I tried to shut it down via the power button but since the touch screen was unresponsive I could not select "yes" to approve the shutdown proccess. I then picked up my handy dandy paperclip and reset the Prime via the reset button on the side of it. When it powered back on, I was welcomed by a nice screen that had gears in the background with an orange triangle with a "!" in the middle of the triagle. The touchscreen was still unresponsive so I did another reset with the same results. Any thoughts? How do I perform a foctory reset to see if that will help?

Thanks,

Ryan

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    723 times
    Ryan this didn't help the other guy but try it anyway. Try the Hard Reset first and if that doesn't work do it a second time and press the up volume button to wipe data.

Hard Reset: Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Hard volume button together until after the normal start up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Boot" appears in the list near the top of the screens and just press and release the "Down" volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.
    Current Devices:

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    I rebooted and mine hung. I also read in another thread that another user bricked his unit and Asus couldn't even help so he is sending it back to them. So this thread is just to possibly inform some who may run into issues to just let it run and not press the power button thinking that it is just frozen.
    This just happened to me as well. First firmware worked perfectly the EeePad one bricked me. Data wipe did nothing and now I am RMAing.
    Transformer Prime TF201-B1-CG

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1546 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrimace View Post
    This just happened to me as well. First firmware worked perfectly the EeePad one bricked me. Data wipe did nothing and now I am RMAing.
    I suspect you are really Grimacing now.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    723 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrimace View Post
    What a mess! That makes 3 units already just on our boards alone! I hope Asus gets this figured out soon!
    Current Devices:

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Nothing worked. Just got off the phone with ASUS and I'm RMA'ing it.... Not the best start to the week.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads