Thread: Prime Update Warning/Suggestion

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    743 times
    Yeah, hang in there and just be glad you were down to 30% when you tried it a second time. ICS is due out on the 10th and if I was you I would be tempted to just skip this update and see if you can just install the ICS update later in the week when it comes out.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Yeah, hang in there and just be glad you were down to 30% when you tried it a second time. ICS is due out on the 10th and if I was you I would be tempted to just skip this update and see if you can just install the ICS update later in the week when it comes out.
    I did want the camera update as last time I did the firmware update first and bricked it. This time around I did camera update first and it went without a hitch. Once I get it back up, I'm not touching any updates till ICS. I know I said that before lol but this time I will stick to it!
    Mickeylittle likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum as well. Thanks to all the messages here, I know what I need to do. I was wondering, the wi-fi still seems to be working, I think it might either still be getting the update or just background connection. If it's the former, could it be linked with people getting different versions after the whole 'reset' procedure? I'm wondering if it would be a better idea to let it stay on until the battery runs out or do the hard reset continuously for a few hours?

Any opinions/feedback would be awesome.
    Thanks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    so, my prime arrives tomorrow, i'll probably be asked to do the update, should i risk it or should i just wait the couple of days for ice cream sandwich? i'm tempted to risk it, incase ice cream sandwich needs the latest update to install.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by jettrooper02 View Post
    so, my prime arrives tomorrow, i'll probably be asked to do the update, should i risk it or should i just wait the couple of days for ice cream sandwich? i'm tempted to risk it, incase ice cream sandwich needs the latest update to install.
    For what it's worth, I have done all four updates - two on the prime, one for the camera and one for the dock and have not had any problems.
    Transformer Prime, 32gb Champagne, Amethyst Dock
    iPad1
    Samsung Galaxy S

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KiroKid View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum as well. Thanks to all the messages here, I know what I need to do. I was wondering, the wi-fi still seems to be working, I think it might either still be getting the update or just background connection. If it's the former, could it be linked with people getting different versions after the whole 'reset' procedure? I'm wondering if it would be a better idea to let it stay on until the battery runs out or do the hard reset continuously for a few hours?

Any opinions/feedback would be awesome.
    Thanks!
    Typically the screen is the biggest battery hog. When the prime gets bricked, screen does barely anything. Plus even if the OS boots up, you still can not do anything to actually use WiFi. If you do decide to do the updates, make sure your battery is around 30% (or even lower). Then if it does get bricked you won't have to sit there for hours doing the reset procedure.

If you go through the thread, someone else said that they had a better way of draining the battery. I can't remember at this moment what that was though.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Got my Dock Today

And of course I forgot to look here before doing anything else... I did the update not realizing what it was and presto, I have ICS, a dock firmware update and a camera update with no problems. Lots more options it looks like. Happy

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Is draining the battery will also work for the TF300TG?

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Ads