Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 64GB shipping in Canada Only

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    6 times
    Called up NCIX as a quick check showed that the BC warehouse is the only NCIX location in Canada that has 64GB models. I was able to put down a deposit and will be able to pick up in store tonight or tomorrow morning! Finally!

Their CSR advises me that they have to fill the pre-orders but that they have about 20 units that are unspoken for right now (less one for me now) which are available to the fastest to pull the trigger. Frustrates the hell out of me off that after 2 months of pre-order on Amazon that I still don't even have a shipping date with them yet, and that I was able to now get same day purchase/delivery from NCIX (or 24hr delay at most). Since I'm cynical by nature I'm not cancelling the order though, just in case NCIX does something wonky. That's how paranoid we've all gotten about Prime delivery now. lol

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've got a 32GB grey on pre-order with them but am contemplating the extra money to get a 64gb shipped now.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by talion View Post
    Called up NCIX as a quick check showed that the BC warehouse is the only NCIX location in Canada that has 64GB models. I was able to put down a deposit and will be able to pick up in store tonight or tomorrow morning! Finally!
    NCIX.ca showing 64GB AG "In Stock" now!

I pre-ordered... hope I can pick it up today!!

The key to happiness is having dreams. The key to success is to fulfill those dreams. Unknown

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    6 times
    Decided to eliminate the element of chance and/or screwup. After a small debate with the sales staff I was able to get them to let me pick it up at the warehouse. So..... I've got it! One pristine 64GB Grey Prime is mine, and in my clutches! mwa-hahahaha....

The tab is on the charger at home now and I'm looking forward to lots of play time tonight when I get home from work. Amazon and Atic orders cancelled.

What an anticlimax when I went to pick it up. The guy there was calm as you please, took my order slip, went back into the warehouse and came out holding the box as if it was nothing. I thought he might drop it and I snatched it (courteously and carefully) out of his hands. My precious! My precious!

He just looked at me and said "have a nice day sir" and returned to looking at his keyboard. No acknowledgement of the time, frustration and pain involved in getting this tablet, the hours of poking around in forums, the agonizing emails advising of yet another shipping delay, the blood, the tears... No acknowledgment of the human suffering at all.

If I'd had my +4 Vorpal Sword of CSR Destruction with me I'm afraid I might have lopped something off, but as luck would have it I'd lent it to my wife earlier in the day. He'll never know how close he came to a swift and vengeful end!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Email just received from the fine folks at NCIX - "Your tablet is here and ready to be picked up"

Music to my ears!! 8 hour charge is going to be painful.

The key to happiness is having dreams. The key to success is to fulfill those dreams. Unknown

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Woke up this morning to the sound of my phone dinging from an email. It was from tigerdirect with a tracking number from ups for my prime. Guess every retailer in Canada got the 64GB tablets early on Friday morning. Finally! I am also glad to see that seemingly everyone in this thread has found a happy ending.

What a crappy ordeal this pre-order has been.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    6 times
    makes one wonder what the point of pre-ordering is. I picked up my dock on Saturday by calling Best Buy and verifying that they had one in stock. Went and picked it up. Done.

So, I cancelled my Amazon order for the tablet in favor of a same day purchase and pickup from NCIX general stock, after a two month wait, then I cancelled my Atic pre-order of the dock in favor of a same day call and purchase through general stock at the store. The results of the whole process just make my head hurt.

Anyway, for the time being at least everything seems to be working great, if you leave out my Android learning curve. lol.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Hey talion how is the 64GB version - how is the wifi.. are you happy with it? I may pick one up after all now that they are available

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links