Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Boot up graphic glitch?

Hey guys,

I''m enjoying my Transformer Prime quite a bit, and it has been mostly a great experience. However, I am noticing some things that I'm not too sure about now. I'm sure most of us have been inspecting our primes like crazy after reading about some problems on here which made me notice some things...

When my prime is booting up, the Asus logo and loading animation seem to have graphical glitches? They happen real quick off and on until it boots into the OS. It is stable then (though I just noticed not long ago that the rotating screen animation creates a few white lines during the animation, but does not stay there). I also have some backlight bleeding going on, I don't *think* it is horrible, but I haven't had much experience with that.

I took a video showing off the boot up thing along with some of the backlight bleeding which occurs mostly at the bottom left and more so on the top right. Hard to do it properly using a video camera, but I think it shows it well enough. Thoughts?

I haven't had any real issues with WiFi. The signal may not be as strong as one would think, but my speed tests are fine. GPS took awhile to load at first, but since then has picked up quicker although bounces a lot (then again, I haven't really tried it out in good open space yet).

Thanks for reading.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I did a hard cold boot reset, which erases everything on the device. It seems it solved a lot of glitches and lags, even though it is sad to get rid of the old stuff that you have already put in it. I didn't do a back up because I did a hard reset where there was no internet. So everything was lost. One way or the other I still have a few dead pixels that are only noticeable when you look for them on the screen while booting up. Also I noticed that on the top left corner where the volume rocker is the tablet's screen part seems to be kind of flimsy unlike the rest of the edges that are firm and are not going down when pressed. So definitely may be a glue or whatever they used to attach the screen to the hardware, they messed up where the volume is. Will wait till BestBuy has them in stock next month in order to replace

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    The graphic glitch on the boot screen seems to be a problem on the Prime that an update will probably fix.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    @Gadgetmaster - A hard reset really helps fix some issues? I definitely would not tolerate the dead pixels and the flimsy shell. I hope you have no issues in exchanging it. Would it be easier to go through Asus for that?

@leeshor - Thanks, man. So the graphic glitch is normal? All I'm doing is making sure that I'm not seeing a possible hardware failure in its early stages. Figured a video would help everyone in case of future questions. What do you think about the light bleed? Mostly only noticeable in the top right there.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same glitch during bootup and the same light bleed is noticeable during boot up. But once I open a movie or something, I don't see any light bleeding in that same area.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I have the same boot up glitches as well and firmware will either fix it or another unit will but I have confidence in Asus to get it fixed via firmware so I'll wait it out.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The light issue isn't too horrible, but as this is my first tablet, I wasn't sure if it is something I should worry about and have replaced or not... I'll take a guess that it may be awhile for the issue to be more controlled on Asus' end. Thank you everyone else for confirming the boot up glitch. Just wanted to make sure it was normal for everyone and it wasn't dying. Can't wait for updates

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links