Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: first impression: stutters, slow browsing, short battery life, but awesome 3d render

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    1 times

first impression: stutters, slow browsing, short battery life, but awesome 3d render

I was happy to receive my TP on 12/20/2011 from Amazon. Got the champagne color. Gorgeous hardware. Lighter and thinner than ipad2.
    I'm not impressed with the overall performance other than gaming (just experience from the Riptide demo). A lot of stutters. Keyboard not catching my key strokes. It's not just key lag in the browser. Internet browsing is quite disappointing. Side by side with ipad2 when accessing e.g. engadget website, TP is sitting there with a blank screen while ipad2 almost finishes loading and displaying the page. I was expecting at least the same smoothness as that on the ipad2. Not quite there. I saw posts about HC not having good performance. So I hope ICS will improve on issues.

Battery isn't good either. After a full charge, in 24 hours, I'm left with 30% charge with moderate use, just playing/checking around different apps, settings, downloading movies with the screen turned off, not sitting there and watching a movie (yet) or no heavy Internet surfing. No comparison to my ipad2 again.

Gaming (based on playing the Riptide demo) is smooth as heck. 3d rendering is impressive. HD movie playback is also smooth, flawless. No complain.

I'm an Android guy. Ipad2 is for my wife. I still take the TP anytime over the ipad2. I don't need a tablet but I bought TP for its notebook/tablet dual personality. I ordered the keyboard dock on Amazon already. I'm keeping the TP no matter what. It's its functions and features, not so much the performance I'm looking for. But things at least should flow smoothly given its powerful CPU. Come on Asus, release ICS already.
    Last edited by bklm1234; 12-23-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    901 times
    Welcome to the forum! Sorry your experience with the Prime is not stellar. Please keep them coming though, positive, negative, and amended.
    Monet likes this.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    The TFP has a few more options when it comes to battery use so you might want to do a little more poking around. I've been working mine pretty darned hard and it's holding up well so far on battery usage. I would like to suggest you find Auto Airplane Mode, (by DON). It's an app that fort some reason was taken off the Android Market but can be found. It does wonders for the battery.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Thanks DON

Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    The TFP has a few more options when it comes to battery use so you might want to do a little more poking around. I've been working mine pretty darned hard and it's holding up well so far on battery usage. I would like to suggest you find Auto Airplane Mode, (by DON). It's an app that fort some reason was taken off the Android Market but can be found. It does wonders for the battery.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Hold up. Did you just say, with moderate use over 24 hours, you have 30% left? And this is sub-par? I can't really hold anything you say credible on that note. Guess I'll compare once I get mine today.
    Rocer likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It sounds like most the issues your talking about can be fixed with firmware updates. I don't know what your moderate use is, but note that some batteries perform better after being cycled 3-4 times. Lets hope all the issues you mentioned can be fixed with updates, etc.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i would agree that the battery life is low.... playing games really seems to drain the batter.... a 30 minute play of gta3 takes the battery down about 15percent... thats alot, the way i figure it. Seems you could only game on it for 3-4 hours.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I would agree with poster here.. I too notice key press issues and battery definitely seems to drain faster than I was hoping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    8 times
    I suppose that a quad core processor working at full capacity when playing games will eat the battery in short time.
    Hola a todos , greetings from the south end of the world

------------

ICS updated Transformer TF101 16 gb, US version with Docking keyboard.

Samsung Galaxy Mini

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    8 times
    At least with the extra few feet of charger you can plug it in and use it
    Mickeylittle likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links