Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: ASUS....is negative Customer Service reputation worth it to get the Prime?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

ASUS....is negative Customer Service reputation worth it to get the Prime?

I am new to this forum. I have been researching which new Tablet to get to replace my Archos 101. This time I want something top end. Problem is the last new Asus product I owned was their Wireless RT-N16 Router. I had so many problems with it. Customer Service for their Routers was a completely different department than Customer Service for their Notebooks (which apparently has a good reputation). Customer Service for the Router was terrible I had to pry answers from them and solutions. Basically I felt like I was an extreme inconvience to them. It was so much so that I sold my Asus Router and bought a Linksys.

Trying to determine if it was just me or whether others felt the same I went to the Better Business Bureau web site and queried the Asus Headquarters. They are unrated by the BBB but there is an "alert" that reads as follows:

"We have identified a pattern of complaints concerning customer service and service issues. Complaints processed by the BBB claim that 1) products sent to the company for repairs are still not working properly when returned to the consumer.
    2) Customers calling the company are asked to call back or told they will receive a call back and in many cases don't.
    BBB asked the company to respond to the pattern but has received no reply to our request
    ."

I ran similar queries on Motorola (because I am considering the Xoom) and Samsung (as am considering the Galaxy) and neither of the companies have similar BBB alerts regards customer service.

I also have been reading a lot of your posts in various threads in this forum and many of you are reporting very negative episodes of interaction with Asus Customer Service.

Given all of these Customer Service concerns with Asus is it worth it to go for the Prime or should I and others send a message to Asus by not purchasing their products until they smarten up in the Customer Relations Department?
    Last edited by Buzzlight; 12-22-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Grammar

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    In my experience, on any given day you can get good or bad customer service from any company. Some people bought a Ford and it was a lemon so never again and some bought a Chevy that sucked so never again.

The Transformer like any tablet had a few problems but overall is a very solid tablet and to me that is what you look at to make a buying decision. I feel that the Prime is the best tablet on the market right now and so I am getting mine tomorrow.
    Jeffrey, W8WCA and sjason73 like this.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Welcome to the Forum!

I think if you research any company for complaints about them you will find the same thing, people don't publicise or complain about good experiences about companies, they just smile and continue - posts in forums are 95% looking for solutions to problems, bad customer service experiences being one of them.

Personally I buy a lot of ASUS hardware for my PC and have never had any problem with any of it, I have contacted ASUS a few times asking for some advise and always received a polite helpful reply within 2 days of my email.

I have even made the mistake of buying a motherboard a few years ago that did not officially support the CPU I also bought, I emailed them asking if they ever intended to add support in future BIOSs or if I needed to buy a new board, within a week there was a Beta BIOS up on their site with support for my CPU
    Jeffrey and W8WCA like this.
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I doubt you sending message to them will make them realize their mistakes honestly. A lot.of what is going on with the whole prime situation is they 1. Didn't anticipate this much demand for the product and cant produce it fast enough or the floods in whichever country it is that a lot of Pc manufactures get their parts from is causing supply issues. 2. They really did have some issues with wifi or something else in the manufacturing process which slowed them down. 3. But what is known 100% is they have not been very open and forthcoming with why there are supply issues and have only said the are trying their best to get as many as possible out the door to their resellers. And in a way I can understand why they have been somewhat quiet because just look at how rumors spread and the more they spread the worse people make it out to be.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    In my experience, on any given day you can get good or bad customer service from any company. Some people bought a Ford and it was a lemon so never again and some bought a Chevy that sucked so never again.

The Transformer like any tablet had a few problems but overall is a very solid tablet and to me that is what you look at to make a buying decision. I feel that the Prime is the best tablet on the market right now and so I am getting mine tomorrow.
    Mickey.. since I got you a deal on the Prime Ya need to share it with me
    Mickeylittle likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    ^^^^??????^^^^ nobody want play with me "in my best Jim carrey voice"
    Last edited by toyotaking88; 12-22-2011 at 07:17 AM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Let me preface my commenst by saying that I don't work for ASUS, have no ties to ASUS, nor work for any retailer selling ASUS.

I have 4 ASUS products in my home, from 3 1/2 years to 9 months in age. I would have to say that my experience has been that these consumer electronics have been some of the most stable, reliable, well-performing devices I own (and I have more CE devices than most folks I suspect).

The one interaction I had with ASUS Customer Service was with my brother's Transformer that had the reported battery drain issue (old chipset needed updating). That RMA exercise went very fast, without any issue, and the Transformer he has works perfectly ever since. Ther have literally been hundreds of similar satisfied results posted at this site for that single RMA experience.

I have also read multiple reports online that ASUS is among one of the best-rated Consumer Electronics manufacturers in terms of Customer Service.

I also know from all sorts of studies that have been done that the BBB has become one of the least reliable sources of accurate information regarding vendor performance.

Like any other company, there are some people who simply have a bad experience - no denying it.

That said, the OP represents what I suspect is a small fractional negative experience by ASUS Transformer customers. By many measurements and reports, the satisfaction ratings on ASUS products are very good. I would have absolutely no hesitation to buy another ASUS product.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The only i did have to deal with the customer service with asus...

I spilled coffee all over my laptop...it was within the first ''Full stupid things that can happens'' year of the warranty...

They shipped me a brand new one with my HDD in it...was fully satisfied with them took less than 2 weeks!

Don't know why people are complaining because for me all went well!

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I had to send my TF dock in for a battery issue, no questions or issues. Had an RMA number and email address in less than 10 minutes. Had it back in 2 weeks (would have been quicker but there was a parts shortage at the repair facility). No biggie, my tablet was being swapped out during the same time so it wasn't too painful.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Firstly determine where you are located as different places seem to have different experiences. I am in the UK, and my experience was as follows:

My TF arrived and I was happy with it. Then there was an OS upgrade and the dock stopped working, so I sent it in for repair. They returned it super quick so I was very impressed. However, I quickly found out that it had not actually been repaired.

I then sent it back again. This time I was worried that they might fail to mend it again, so I sent very detailed instructions of what the issue was (despite it being obvious - that the keyboard wasn't working). Again they returned it not mended.

I subsequently found out that the first time I sent it back they had done nothing to it, so it didn't count as a first return, and that I would have to send it back another 2 more times before they would do anything - a total of 4 times! And with no guarantee that they would even mend the thing. After that process they would offer me a reconditioned device or a refund.

At this point I got justifiably angry and started kicking up a massive fuss and contacted people right the way to the top of the company. UK customer service were totally intransigent and refused to help in any way, however European customer service correctly worked out that this was not a battle worth fighting and offered e a full refund. I say full refund, however I am stuck with costly TF 101 accessories, and as they refunded me in Euros, I had to pay the bank fee for that to be transferred to GBP (despite buying the device in GBP). I also had to fight to get them to pay, making several further phone calls until they eventually did. I am about 40 out of pocket, or 10% of what I paid for the device, and with no reserve of good will

So, from my perspective, UK Asus customer service should be retrained and given an attitude transplant (this was the summer, so maybe they have been since). The European CS were better, their people try to be helpful and are good on the phone, but despite trying their best to be a good Customer Service team, if the company don't back them then there is nothing they can do.

The long and the short of it is that Asus as a company don't really care about their customers, and will only do the right thing when they are put under massive pressure to do so, and even then only grudgingly.

And yet, I will still be getting a Prime. Why? Because that is the device that suits my needs.

I hope beyond hope that the device I get is one of the good ones and that I have no problems. If on the other hand it is not, I will email them, phone them, report them to the watchdogs, blog about them, post on here, make a viral video about them and try every other weapon in my arsenal until they get it sorted out. As I am still out of pocket on my last deal, sadly they have my custom but not my loyalty. And my advice to Asus is, when dealing with customers with my energy, really what you want is our loyalty!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links