Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I called Asus and nothing has changed. They have no knowledge of this...

And for what it's worth I just got an email from Best Buy saying that my CG Keyboard Dock now has a release date of 12/19/11.
    Oh don't worry, they will sell the keyboard docks all day long! Once you buy the dock you are sure to buy the tablet!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt because it is just rumor at this point. But this was just posted over on Phandroid. This was supposedly an e-mail sent from online retailer NCIX to a pre-order customer:
    Sigh...its not a rumor in my case. I got the dreaded email yesterday from NCIX.
    The bummer is that its for the office. After hundred emails back and forth, I was given some leeway to purchase Android instead of our standard issue of iPad2...b'cos I had surplus budget for 2011. But now with unknown 2012 delivery that throws out my surplus budget chance. Worse still, I might be forced to enter the "walled garden" with all the other crazed fruitfans in the office! I was hoping to form a grass roots revolutionary movement with my Prime.

Oh well, I'll just have to keep at the emails and not give up...at the worst, pay for it on my own tab(pardon the pun !) NCIX gave $25 credit towards an alternative tablet purchase. No thanks, I'll stick around and wait for my Opto Prime
    Sudbud likes this.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by krcrazy View Post
    Sigh...its not a rumor in my case. I got the dreaded email yesterday from NCIX.
    The bummer is that its for the office. After hundred emails back and forth, I was given some leeway to purchase Android instead of our standard issue of iPad2...b'cos I had surplus budget for 2011. But now with unknown 2012 delivery that throws out my surplus budget chance. Worse still, I might be forced to enter the "walled garden" with all the other crazed fruitfans in the office! I was hoping to form a grass roots revolutionary movement with my Prime.

Oh well, I'll just have to keep at the emails and not give up...at the worst, pay for it on my own tab(pardon the pun !) NCIX gave $25 credit towards an alternative tablet purchase. No thanks, I'll stick around and wait for my Opto Prime
    That is "Prime Spirit"

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    At least they are delaying the launch and giving the real reason, rather than selling them regardless and then blaming the user for "Holding them wrong"
    Mickeylittle likes this.
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What's been funny to me all along is that I don't think 99% of the dates or rumors flying around have been official. Worst part is some taking it out on ASUS. I would more inclined to blame the retailers for the hype that comes along with broken or missing pre-order links and allowing customers to pre-order in the first place without fully knowing how much stock they will be able to move. It seems insane to me to see major retailers announcing pre-orders and then making the links unavailable, cancelling orders. Jump the gun this time?

Also, remember the November 9th "official announcement date"? I can't tell you the number of websites spreading that as the release date.. It was the ANNOUNCEMENT of the product NOT RELEASE.

At any rate if they found an issue before the release then they obviously would be better off fixing it that releasing it. It would maybe be similar to apple's unfortunate initial issues with the antenna in iphone4 except with Asus it sounds like reviewers such as Cnet, etc, somehow managed to catch it before the release. These things happen so we best take it as it is and not get our panties in a bunch. After all aren't we all just geeking out over a gadget that hasn't been released to stores? How upset can we get based on speculation? (Don't answer that. Rhetorical.) There is nothing we can do and I for one am anxious but not concerned. My opinion.

Happy Holidays

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If this were the case, how did the Game Stop Store get the Prime, and even sell a few????

George

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepycharlie View Post
    What's been funny to me all along is that I don't think 99% of the dates or rumors flying around have been official. Worst part is some taking it out on ASUS. I would more inclined to blame the retailers for the hype that comes along with broken or missing pre-order links and allowing customers to pre-order in the first place without fully knowing how much stock they will be able to move. It seems insane to me to see major retailers announcing pre-orders and then making the links unavailable, cancelling orders. Jump the gun this time?

Also, remember the November 9th "official announcement date"? I can't tell you the number of websites spreading that as the release date.. It was the ANNOUNCEMENT of the product NOT RELEASE.

At any rate if they found an issue before the release then they obviously would be better off fixing it that releasing it. It would maybe be similar to apple's unfortunate initial issues with the antenna in iphone4 except with Asus it sounds like reviewers such as Cnet, etc, somehow managed to catch it before the release. These things happen so we best take it as it is and not get our panties in a bunch. After all aren't we all just geeking out over a gadget that hasn't been released to stores? How upset can we get based on speculation? (Don't answer that. Rhetorical.) There is nothing we can do and I for one am anxious but not concerned. My opinion.

Happy Holidays
    Well the worse part about this whole fiasco is that Asus NEVER gave us any official information. The approach to not saying anything wrong by not saying anything at all doesn't work here. If Asus came out and denied the rumours then great. Everyones happy. If they came out and said there will indeed be a delay and it will be released by X then fine. But they don't tell us. All they do is tweet about how awesome their device is and get all the hype up when we don't even know when we can get one in our hands. No official release dates, no response to rumours, no updated information. That is not the best way to treat potential customers who already put down 7 or 8 hundred dollars for their device.
    Last edited by Frederuco; 01-09-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Detection View Post
    At least they are delaying the launch and giving the real reason, rather than selling them regardless and then blaming the user for "Holding them wrong"
    Now that's funny. But Apple did address and correct the issue. The question still remains will ASUS open their mouth and say a word!
    Detection likes this.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

GGS
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    I think you can get 120 angels on the head of a pin! Anyone disagree? Seems like a lot of speculation about something for which there's little knowledge.

And some folks are going to punish Asus! And buy a lesser product just to show "them."

And some folks acted on rumors? And now there's disappointment?

Sigh. Que sera, sera.
    Asus Transformer TF101B1 (32 GB) & Docking Station (since July 2011 - and still learning)
    HTC EVO 4G (Sprint; since June 2010); unlimited data; still nothing better on the market
    HP Desktops (2), very plain and fairly old, running WinXP :>}

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Detection View Post
    Certainly a better approach.

No matter what choice made, there will be somebody less than perfectly satisfied.

Given the choice to get things right from the start and waiting or else having to address known issues for some time after launch, the choice seems very obvious.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links