Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Transformer Prime delayed until 2012

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    If there is such an issue and ALL are being delayed why continue with all the pre orders? Why not hold up until the stock is fixed then start pre orders again...it's like getting your hopes up and I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown and peppermint party just pulled the football away again.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I was just on the android forum and a bunch of people have already cancelled their pre-orders without even knowing if this delay is real. One thing I think is interesting is that the articles all act like they were told there is a delay into 2012, but the reported e-mail just said the Prime probably wouldn't be in by Christmas. If wi-fi is causing a delay than it is more than likely what has been causing the delay this entire time. We all know the delay has been nothing to do with Ice Cream Sandwich as originally reported.

My guess is that it is simply taking Asus a little longer than anticipated to implement a known fix that they have already been working to implement for the past month. Even if it was just a random assembly error, inspecting hundreds of thousands of tablets and repairing just a portion of them would take considerable effort. This type of issue would make a few other things that have happened recently seem more understandable. Like the incorrect posted release dates from GameStop and NewEgg. It's pretty easy for a company to underestimate the scope of a problem. The time required for a break fix could also reduce initial shipment quantities and cause certain retailers like Amazon, and now NCIX, to cancel some of their pre-orders.

Just a thought.

UPDATE:

This is an article link and quote from the article that seems to confirm what I guessed about the initial Amazon cancellations. I hope they didn't get their information from this post. LOL

ASUS to give up market share to fix Wi-Fi range
    "An Amazon shortage is now known to have been related to the production stop, not demand."
    Last edited by K3V1N; 12-10-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Posting link to related article
    desert_mouse and GGS like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I doubt they had known the Wifi issue all along. Anandtech and Cnet reported getting the Wifi issue when they received the Prime last week.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I just went and read some Taiwanese forums and they seem to be riddled with complaints of wifi, gps, and bluetooth issues. There are many other complaints, but these seems to be the worst as everyone is concerned that they might be hardware design related, which could be disasterous.
    Last edited by K3V1N; 12-10-2011 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Taiwanese forums seem to support these issues

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    As a veteran of a hardware/software design company, I can only say that executive teams must be taught over & over (& OVER!) again that it is better to get it right than to get it early.

The pressure from the Sales and Marketing teams to ship before Xmas will be enormous. Engineering will be under siege to "just get out what we can", and the consumer is well advised to never buy anything that looks like it is being rushed for an Xmas release.
    bopfan and surkins like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I'm going through withdraw, I sold my trusty TF101 and pre ordered off of CDW thinking "its just a week or so" only to realize it may not be here till next year. Im tablet-less and have to use my laptop for everything!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thinking of cancelling my order...

Just as I suspected... Two respectable reviewers (anantech and cnet) were having problems with WIFI. I don't think it is simply coincidence. I knew this was coming when I brought up my concerns from a previous thread. Ill hold off until they can prove these units will work as advertised. I was just as eager about getting this tab as anyone here on the forum. I was hitting the refresh button on the known reviewers at the supposed Dec 1 'launch'. So I could watch the reviews. What a let down. =(
    Last edited by slicklude83; 12-10-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Hey guys seriously, I know its a dissapointment, but its still great product and will be when its launched. What should Asus do in this situation? Release the product with its known problems and then you get it realizing
    WIFI is not working and having to send it back? No, I think ASUS did everything correct here, postponed the release, takin the tablets back to fix the problem so we have a good product when we finally get it!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    22 times
    Is there an official announcement from Asus?

It seems like there is chaos everywhere I read but no official source at all.

My Best Buy pre-order still shows as 12/18

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm guessing best buy didn't update since most sites are slow to do so.
    I am gonna buy a cheap diff tablet to tie me over till the prime.... too much withdraw going on @_@.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links