Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The question is 32 or 64 and my logic

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Not to mention...32 extra GB for 100 is quite costly. While it may be similar in cost, the SD cards (AS YOU NEED THEM), would be your best bet. Reason being: Over time, as newer technology evolves, older technology becomes cheaper. Back when 4 GB was a TON of memory it was quite expensive compared to the more favored 128 MB drives. Now 4GB is too little and sells for small amount versus expensive 32, 64 GB cards. So I have no doubts that if you run out of storage a year from now, 32GB will be much cheaper than they are right now and will suit you just fine when that time comes.

Shadow

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    ISTR something about the Prime being able to read MicroSD XC cards as well (64 gig plus) but haven't been able to find where I first read it or verification yet. That might swing some weight as well.
    Drive to live, live to ride!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    If i remember right it will read SDXC if formatted to NTFS. I personally got the 64gb version because i have 50gb movie files and would like to try it out on the prime.
    I am also currently looking for a good deal on a 64gb mSDXC but seem to be having a hard time pulling the trigger just yet.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lazuhrus View Post
    ISTR something about the Prime being able to read MicroSD XC cards as well (64 gig plus) but haven't been able to find where I first read it or verification yet. That might swing some weight as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by erokitsune View Post
    If i remember right it will read SDXC if formatted to NTFS. I personally got the 64gb version because i have 50gb movie files and would like to try it out on the prime.
    I am also currently looking for a good deal on a 64gb mSDXC but seem to be having a hard time pulling the trigger just yet.
    To clarify, to be SDXC compliant, the device has to read exFAT partition tables. SDHC is FAT32. As of now, the TF101 does not read exFAT. I am not sure about the TF201 if it has this built in, but it may or may not.

As erokitsune stated, if you take said SDXC (64 GB or more) card and format it in a Windows Vista or Windows 7 PC for NTFS, it will work perfectly fine on the TF. This applies to both microSD and full sized SD cards.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm personally choosing to purchase the docking station. If I run out of room, I can always hook up my external hard-drive giving it tons of storage space. I put a pre-order in for the 32Gb Prime. No need to spend the extra money when it is so expandable.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm getting the 32GB tablet. I currently have a Nook Color with 8GB storage and haven't filled it yet.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    May be my eyes are not as good as they used to be, considering I'm getting into my old age of late 20s. But I've tested out these 30+gb movie files and I couldn't tell the difference between them and the 1.2 or so gb files.

In this particular case, I prefer quantity over quality. If quality can't be distinguished, what's the point?
    It is a 5 hour concert rip. I am not going to convert it down. Once again this goes back to the argument of flac files vs mp3 and other format disputes. I have 25min anime episodes that run around 1.3-1.5gb per file. Its an audio/videophile thing. Why do people pay 500 dollars for headphones? 5000 for speakers? Why does the average person get an i5 or i7 when an i3 dual core 2.5ghz CPU is more than plenty to do what most people do?(document editing, websurfing)
    Why do gamers want over 60FPS when eyes cant even see that much? You can tell if you pay attention the difference between 720 and 1080. It's a tech thing and always has been to want something faster/better even if it isnt needed. Cars are also a good example of this. Do I need to have a sports car? no not really.

SOOOOO the point overall is to help support the evolution of tech by funding it. To push the limit and improve. I may be slightly younger (24) but it makes me happy being able to push my equipment to see where the limit is. If we didnt care none of us would be sitting here waiting for the prime and would just get the original TF. But as you stated you area quantity > quality person where I'm a quality > quantity person...i rather have 1 super cookie than 10 okay cookies, enjoy one nice car instead of two bad ones. I enjoy name brand when it matters (toilet paper, soap, shampoo, computer parts, booze, tools). I do pick generic when it doesn't matter as much (tin foil, printer paper, party cups, etc)

Remember. You get what you pay for. Quality, Price, Performance. Pick 2.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I personally am going with the 64GB version because I don't like having to find the card that has the files I'm looking for. I have a large music and movie collection. Being able to keep more of it on the device without the need to seperate cards or constantly copying what I want to listen to/watch is worth the extra cost of the drive space. I'm also not looking at this as a 64GB unit, but more of a 96GB unit.

I have a Cowon J3 which I love, but the switching of cards is the one thing I don't like. I appreciate that it has the card slot, but more internal memory is a good thing to me.
    DANI73 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I ordered the 32Gb with a32Gb SD card as a backup. It cost me a lot less than 100.00 and I can move large blocks of data outside the TF tablet/

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for all of the responses, you all help make my decision pretty easy in selecting the 32gb size. I particulary like the comment from TechJunkie!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links