Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: So when is release date of the Prime in US??

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

So when is release date of the Prime in US??

I read lots of articles.
    Some news said it releases on 8th of Dec in US, but Some of them said its available on 18th of Dec in US
    Which one is right??
    I hope its available on 8....

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    I read lots of articles.
    Some news said it releases on 8th of Dec in US, but Some of them said its available on 18th of Dec in US
    Which one is right??
    If rumors are accurate, December 8th is the arrival. Newegg already has a notification alert on its site, along with a price for the 32GB model at 499.00.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Last I heard it's the 12th

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Anywhere from December 8th to January 31, if you listened to everybody.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    171 times
    The optimistic range would be : from NOW! to December 14th(including its week) for Pre-orders.(US)

*If they are manufacturing it using Batching system , then you ordered first will get theirs first ,and also depending on stores policies.
    Last edited by DrMightySnake; 12-04-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Some logistic stuff about shipping; Sponsored by UPS"we love logistics"

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, I'm still very confused by this. I was under the impression that when Asus made their announcement on Dec. 1, they said it wouldn't be out until the 19th. But it seems that the 8th is still a possibility? I called around to Gamestops earlier this weekend to see if there was a demo I could play with, and most told me they didn't or wouldn't carry tablets, but one location told me that they should be getting it in this week! (and would start selling it the day after they got it.)

Confusing.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    I read lots of articles.
    Which one is right??
    Asus made an announcement with release dates on 1st of December. Two dates were announced, December 12 and December 19 (both Mondays). December 12 is online availability release date and 19th is the retail availability.

Soon after the announcement, as shops reported their pre-order requirements for Asus for those dates, new information came in that the amount of pre-orders is too large, so at best only the orders made in November would be covered by December 12. All information points to that on December 12 you cannot buy the device online and have it available for shipping immediately. As a result, the most 'official' release date is December 19. According to some retailers, they already have shipments coming out but not released before that date in store.

As for online orders, the dates 8-9 December have also been mentioned. Those dates are likely correct, but these dates are right before weekend, which looks like they are the dates shops will actually get the device in stock from Asus. It is unlikely that those stores will ship right after, considering how many outstanding orders there are, but some stores might ship your pre-order on those dates if you get lucky.

Taking all of this into account, it is likely that if you wish to have a chance to have the device before Christmas, then it is good if your order was placed in November and at one of Asus listed sellers. If not, then you might get lucky on some retail stores on 19th.

Other than that? We have no idea. Considering it is Asus who has a history of stock availability issues, perhaps the most set-in-stone date is that you'll get your Prime (and dock) before Christmas next year.
    sfirchau and DrMightySnake like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    So what do you think my chances are to get one if I am at my local Best Buy when they open on the 19th???

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sliment View Post
    So what do you think my chances are to get one if I am at my local Best Buy when they open on the 19th???
    How neurotic do you want to be about calling and checking status of shipments, expected stock date, and then waiting in line?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    How neurotic do you want to be about calling and checking status of shipments, expected stock date, and then waiting in line?
    So, I guess all the Apple fans who did that fall into that same category. So what else is new?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links