Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Wallpaper sizing w/ multiple apps

I know forums hate multiple threads on the same topic but after reading through what I could find about wallpaper issues, I still have not yet found a solution to my problem.

I've downloaded picspeed, picsart, quickpic, and multipicture live and none of those programs are setting my cropped personal photos to the screen properly. What am I doing wrong? - I'm assuming it's user error! The programs allow me to crop the way I want it, set it, but when I exit back to the home screen, it's zoomed in just like the default wallpaper setter does on the prime. I'm not tech savvy at all so I realize this is probably an annoying question with a quick fix so I've avoided asking until now. Pardon my ignorance, lol.

TIA!
    Last edited by sunsplash; 07-28-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    TF700T w/ Prime dock
    HHI Asus Transformer Prime Keyboard Case w/ Slim Portfolio stand (hoping to find same model to fit Infinity)
    DecalGirl TF700 sacred honu skin
    iPhone 4

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    If using QuickPic, be sure to use QuickPic Wallpaper and not just the Wallpaper option.

Also, are you using a custom launcher? I know some launchers have had issues showing the full picture in my experience.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    If using QuickPic, be sure to use QuickPic Wallpaper and not just the Wallpaper option.

Also, are you using a custom launcher? I know some launchers have had issues showing the full picture in my experience.
    I just redid it to make sure I used the quickpic wallpaper option, which I'm certain I used before, and it crops and zooms just like the default. I must be doing something wrong.

As for custom launching...I don't even know what that is, lol; I am using the default settings initially on the prime at the time of purchase for every program and download.
    TF700T w/ Prime dock
    HHI Asus Transformer Prime Keyboard Case w/ Slim Portfolio stand (hoping to find same model to fit Infinity)
    DecalGirl TF700 sacred honu skin
    iPhone 4

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    46 times
    Her is a quoted method for using picspeed which I use with good results:

Tired of Gallery app cropping or messing up your beautiful wallpaper? if so Read this
    actually you aren't stuck with this method. I have figured out a way to apply wallpapers like they're supposed to be with no loss in quality. applying through gallery or quick menu forces you to crop the picture resulting in the images you posted. check out my method.

go to marketplace and get a free app called picSpeed wallpapers. install it. it has high res. wallpapers and has its own proper way of applying wall papers. but any how go to the stock prime gallery app and choose your pic you want to apply as the wallpaper. press set as. then choose wallpaper. now, since you installed that app I mentioned, a pop up menu will show asking you which method do you want to use to apply the wallpaper. choose PicSpeed method. now it will allow you to apply the whole image without being forced to crop, having loss of quality, or looking zoomed up like crazy. Enjoy. as this method has been proven. also, only apply wallpaper through gallery app. don't do it through the quick menu where all the Widgets are at. if you do, then you will be forced to apply the wallpaper the gallery/stock method.

Try it and see if it works for you.

Alexis

Set your wallpaper with no crop.

What you want is called Wallpaper Seter. You may find it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...YWxscGFwZXIiXQ..

I'm very happy with it.

Cheers.
    Alexis

Quote Originally Posted by sunsplash View Post
    I just redid it to make sure I used the quickpic wallpaper option, which I'm certain I used before, and it crops and zooms just like the default. I must be doing something wrong.

As for custom launching...I don't even know what that is, lol; I am using the default settings initially on the prime at the time of purchase for every program and download.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    What you want is called Wallpaper Seter. You may find it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...YWxscGFwZXIiXQ..

I'm very happy with it.

Cheers.
    Alexis
    Alexis,

Thanks for the link. This one actually does put the picture up in full screen!! The fine print states 'it does not add an icon to your applications', what it does is adds a 'Gallery - No Crop' selection inside Settings > Display > Wallpaper.

Begs the question why the ASUS built in wallpaper selection from the gallery only has a 'crop' setting. Guess thats a bug or ???

Thanks again!!

Gerry-

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    I know this thread is old but for those who may be interested. Try MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. It allows you to set your pictures without cropping and also allows multiple pictures per home page.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lwaWN0dXJlIl0.
    ALL HAIL NEGATRON!!!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links