Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By droidbound

Thread: [SOLVED]TF201 Crombi-kk fail... Pics attached!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times

[SOLVED]TF201 Crombi-kk fail... Pics attached!

My first Crombi-kk ROM flash attempt led to some hiccups and ultimately, an OS that never "first boot"ed after 1hr+ of back-lit black screen. I figured I did something wrong (for example, I only loaded the most recent Adroid SDK USB version partway through the process, or the ADB status of the tablet would constantly "drop out" in Device Manager upon switching back-and-forth from bootfast to adb and back again)and began jiggering around and making things likely a lot worse.

That's when, being a n00b, I likely made things worse by not only doing a Factory Reset but a Hard Wipe as well... So I'm guessing I'm "soft-bricked" now? This is the screen that the device hangs on at this point

20150930_183329.jpg

I still have access to RCK, Wipe Data and the Android cold-boot but no USB. TWRP version is 2.7.1.0, incidentally... likely the TF300 ne0zone75 patch, since it replaces the HairyBean AndroidWook (sp.?) UI when following the instructions. TWRP tells me "No OS detected" when I Reboot, no matter how many times I attempt to flash the GRIMLOCK_tf201_3.0.zip, seemingly successfully according to TWRP.

Anyway, TWRP kept wanting me to install SuperUser, indicating "no root detected". I did use the Unlocker Tool (the main boot-screen still indicates "The Device is unlocked" in the upper-left corner) but I did not use motochopper or other similar root tool, so that could be a culprit?

I'm running Windows 10, with recent specs for the rest of the desktop (2014-era mobo and cpu, 2011 gfx, etc.) I'm happy to provide more info. obv.

Not sure if I need to flash an F2FS kernel like the one from Geass? I read somewhere that Win10 users have to disable settings related to driver signatures? Anyone willing to walk me through what I'm sure is plenty of options, I would be very grateful.

FWIW, I'm committed to not having to go back to stock/vanilla, and pursue a successful Crombi-kk mount instead.

If you have a suggestion of an alternate, "better" (make your case, obv.) ROM for me to flash, please let me know!

P.S. I'm using Minimal Fastboot and ADB to push the .zips and the restart commands.
    Last edited by eddo_34; 09-30-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    I would suggest you stop flashing at this point until we have figured out what your situation actually is.
    You seem to confuse rom, kernel and recovery and that can be fatal.
    Most importantly: Did you flash the Hairybean bootloader? What is your bootloader version right now?

For general instructions on getting adb fastboot to work on Win10 and the general steps on flashing a custom rom read this:
    Beginners Guide to flashing a custom ROM on TF700T
    Note that it is only for general background. The main steps are the same for the TF201 but some are different, especially if you flashed or intend to flash the Hairybean bootloader.
    I have more time tonight. Until then hang tight and don't flash anything.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    To demonstrate that your perception of my confusion regarding kernel, ROM and flash are dead-wrong (Honestly, not sure why you think I'm confused)...

Example of a Kernel: Geass' F2FS or [insert dev. name]'s EXT4

Example of Recovery (as indicated in OP): "TWRP 2.7.1.0, incidentally... likely the TF300 ne0zone75 patch, since it replaces the HairyBean AndroidWook (sp.?) UI when following the instructions." As in, the step-by-step upgrade instructions in the fourth post of the XDA forum page for the CROMBI-kk for TF201.

Example of a Bootloader: "HairyBean_Bootloader_TWRP2.5" that came with the "upgrade_tf201_to_tf300t.zip" in the Downloads section of the same XDA forum page.

The only aspect of the link you provided me that I did not do correctly, seeing as you suggest rooting is optional, was that I used V6 of the Unlocker Tool, not V7.

Step-by-step:
    1. D/L Minimal Fastboot and ADB, d/l all the .zip folders I need to its install folder.
    2. I plug the tablet to my desktop via USB, enter into USB mode.
    3. I fastboot TWRP for TF201 and reboot via Minimal...
    4. Once reloaded, I enter RCK and into TWRP.
    5. Via Minimal..., I push Hairybean onto the tablet (ADB mode), and then use the TWRP Install tab to install it (No to SuperUser install prompt).
    6. Via Minimal..., I reboot into fastboot mode (USB icon is gonzo at this stage).
    7. Via Minimal..., I fastboot "ne0zone75_tf300t.blob" (flash recovery command).
    8. Noting TWRP version 7.2.1.0 when rebooted into RCK, I do Wipe-->Format Data-->Type "yes".
    9. Wait an hour+ until "format successful" in blue font to appear.
    10. Via Minimal..., I adb push "GRIMLOCK_tf201_3.0", go to install tab, flash it. Press reboot in TWRP and wait more than an hour while the first boot hangs on a back-lit black screen.
    Last edited by eddo_34; 10-01-2015 at 09:53 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eddo_34 View Post
    10. Via Minimal..., I adb push "GRIMLOCK_tf201_3.0", go to install tab, flash it. Press reboot in TWRP and wait more than an hour while the first boot hangs on a back-lit black screen.
    OK, so I perhaps never flashed the ROM, since I have been clicking the first download link on the FIRST POST of the XDA page for the ROM which links to the Downloads section, where there are only three .zip folders, two of which are "GRIMLOCK..." which I now understand are kernels and not the ROM itself... WTF would a dev. NOT post the actual ROM on the XDA page for the ROM?!?!? Infuriatingly misleading and illogical decision!!

Anyway, finally found an actual CROMBI-KK .zip file by clicking the alternate d/l links. Despite your advice not to flash some more, I'm very tempted to.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Sounds good. Flash away

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Crombi-kk is up-and-running!

/endthread?

Thanks for the replies, droidbound!!!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Marked SOLVED!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links