Thread: twrp

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times

twrp

Hi all, im sure this has been asked amillion times but here goes. I have rooted my tf201with motochopper but need to know the simplest wayto install a custom recovery, i have usedtwrp on my sons tf101but this tablet is another beast altogether. Ihave already gone several shades of grey lighter. Or is there a better recovery to use?
    Many thanks
    Matt

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Look in the cromi-x thread..first post. There should be a link to Scots toolkit. Should do just what you need.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for that i have managed to get twrp installed and taken a back up of system.
    can you point me in the direction of a good uptodate rom and gapps packageand how to install
    many thanks
    matt

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    I use Cromi-x on my tf700. I like it as it is based on the stock ROM. There are a few to chose from. Personal preference. Maybe a Google search will help you get some ideas. I am sure someone else will pop in with a suggestion too.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Some tf201 users run the tf300 cromi ROM but you need a special custom boot loader from the androwook ROM on xda. My advice would be to go into the tf201 development section on xd and read some of the ROM threads. Don't be afraid to ask questions on xda as well as here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for suggestions i will look in to them. i have installed cynogen 10.2 but was hoping it would have the muliti window function and i cant get 4.4 to install i keep getting an error message
    thanks again
    matt

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    4.4 Roms on Asus devices need a different recovery which can be found hers for the prime http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595531

I wouldn't recommend you use KitKat if you are looking for something stable. The build I saw on xda was a messy unofficial build built from nexus 7 drivers. The last official cm nightly on the prime was for cm 10.1

I think you will have the most success with some of the stock firmware based Roms. These include the energyrom, androwook hairy bean, and cromi for tf300 (this requires the special androwook bootloader to work)
    You best bet is to go to the android decelopement section for the tf201 on xda and read some of the posts and comments to give you an idea of what the development situation is like.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Thats excellent thank you i have been googling like mad and nearly always comeback with cyanogenmod now i have some different rom names to work with i will look at them.(didnt realise you could put tf300 roms on it) think i will leave the kitkat for now and hope they bring out a more stable version of it. at the mo i have the latest unofficial 10.2 on which works really well. Can you port katkiss on as my son has it on his tf101 and works very well
    once again thanks a lot for your help

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Ok So now that I am on an actual computer (instead of my phone), I can point you to some links.

I would be cautious about simply googling "Transformer Prime Roms" and flashing them without knowing anything about them.

I would only flash ROMs that came from XDA developers in the transformer prime section Eee Pad Transformer Prime Android Development - xda-developers

You mentioned you would like to be able to port KatKis Rom over from the TF101, sadly it isn't as simple as that. Also there doesnt seem to be any tf201 roms which have multi window implemented.

So, if you have taken a look at the ROMs listed and still dont know what the differences are, I will break it down for you into three categories
    1. Stock based Roms
    These are the most common because it is easy to take the asus firmware and slightly modify it for better performance. Examples are: Energy ROM, and CleanROM inheritance (the Original Cromi X) Disadvantages to these is that they have not been updated or maintained for at least 6 months or more so support it really limited

2. AOSP ROMS
    these are the big players which take code from the nexus project and make the same rom for many devices. Examples are Paranoid Android, Cyanogenmod, and PAC-ROM
    Again most of these are unofficial builds from quite a long time ago.

3. Androwook Bootloader Roms [ROM][Aug 29][JB 4.2.1] AndroWook Prime HairyBean v2.31 **Unleash The Beast!** - xda-developers
    This one is the most intriguing as not only is this runs on a modified tf300 bootloader, but because it allows you to run the infamous CROMI- X ROM by sbdags [ROM]★●[TF300T/G/L/201/301][CROMi-X 5.3][ROM2SD | ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.5][01/18]●★ - xda-developers

Now I know that running CROMI on a tf201 is quite a common thing, the developer runs the rom on his own prime. However I dont think he wanted to start a third support thread for another device (he has one for tf300, and tf700) so tf201 owners use the tf300 section.

I wasn't sure exactly what the requirements were so I asked the developer and he responded right away. Here is what he said: Yes just install the androwook 4.2 boot loader and twrp 2.5.0.0 recovery package and reboot, then flash the ROM.

Once you flash the ROM, there will be an installer where you can choose your device as tf201 and after that everything will run smoothly. CROMI-X is a phenomenal ROM with some of the best developer support and updates. There are new updates about every 2 weeks. I guarantee that you will be blown away by the speed and smoothness of it.

It seems like that is the way to go. most of the members of this forum with rooted tablets use CROMI and we can all testify to its speed. I just was unfamiliar with how to install it on a prime so I had to inquire about it.

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    I currently have twrp 2.6.3.0 installed I'm guessing that it won't be a problem that it is a newer version? And flashing the ROMs isn't a problem but as yet I don't think I have installed a boot loader, does this change the tablet in any way and would I have issues if I wanted to flash any different ROMs?
    Thanks
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links