Thread: twrp

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    below is the direct instructins for the Hairy bean ROM post. Please read them completely. once you flash the custom bootloader and specific TWRP you cannot install any regular tf201 ROMS like CM until you install the downgrade bootloader (instructions are also included on the 2nd post of the ROM thread [ROM][Aug 29][JB 4.2.1] AndroWook Prime HairyBean v2.31 **Unleash The Beast!** - xda-developers

What you need to do is simply flash the Androwook bootloader in your current recovery, this will overwrite your bootloader, and recovery, but not the stock ROM. you will then need to follow the rest of the instructions except install the CROMI ROM package instead of Hairybean (you should download cromi before flashing androwook just in case)

Here are the instructions for the hairybean bootloader.

READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY. THIS IS NOT JUST FLASHING ANOTHER ROM

This Rom has been tested by many people but if you do not follow the instructions correctly or then go on to flash an incompatible TWRP you can brick yourself.

DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER PRIME RECOVERY WHILE USING THE NEW HAIRYBEAN 2.31 (4.2.1) BOOTLOADER, THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE AT THE MOMENT, THE ONE BUILT IN IS MODDED. USE THE DOWNGRADE ZIP TO TAKE YOU BACK TO 4.1.1 BOOTLOADER AND RECOVERY IF YOU NEED IT.

By downloading and installing the below you are in agreement that you understand the risk associated with doing this which in a worse case scenario could result in a bricked Transformer Prime. Therefore we are not responsible or liable for any issues you encounter although we will do our best to TRY to help you resolve them.

Thank you.

Battery above 20 percent.
    An Unlocked Transformer Prime with a custom recovery.
    A Micro SD to copy install files to as the Internal Storage will be wiped during install.
    All valuable files removed from your Transformer Prime.
    The files from the Download section below.
    NVflash installed if you want to go back to any other ROM not built on official JB. This is more a recommendation rather than a requirement and the ROM will install without NVflash just fine.
    ....and finally the ability to read. Honestly this is this biggest mistake people make is they do not read things correctly so read, read and READ again just to be sure.

NOTE** You MUST be on the new Hairybean 2.31 (4.2.1) Bootloader to be able to flash this new version which is available in the next section.**
    Download "Upgrade Hairybean 2.31 (4.2.1) Bootloader & TWRP (2.5).zip" & "Hairybean 2.31.zip" from the links below and copy to Micro SD.
    Boot into recovery and flash "Upgrade Hairybean 2.31 (4.2.1) Bootloader & TWRP (2.5).zip" from Micro SD card.
    Click restart after completion and on restart LET THE BLUE LINE FILL ALL THE WAY, WHEN IT IS FINISHED IT WILL RESTART ITSELF BACK INTO TWRP OR INTO OS.
    If the Tablet does not boot back into TWRP or OS then hold down Power and VOLUME DOWN for 10 seconds until it restarts and the icons appear. Then select RCK manually.
    Go into TWRP and Wipe options and select Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik Cache, System, Cache and Data and swipe to wipe. (Data2SD users also select SD-Ext)
    Go to Install options and flash "Hairybean 2.31.zip" from Micro SD card.
    When install is completed restart and allow 30-60 mins for the system to cache itself and then restart again upon which time you should now have a nice smooth TP.
    Enjoy!
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks again i will look at that in the morning. If i want to go back to stock rom how do i do that. is it just the recovery image that i flashed in twrp or is it something else
    Matt

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bfcmatt View Post
    thanks again i will look at that in the morning. If i want to go back to stock rom how do i do that. is it just the recovery image that i flashed in twrp or is it something else
    Matt
    You need to flash the recovery downgrade image as well as the asus stock firmware (available on the ASUS web site) be advised that this will remove TWRP from your device however it will still remain unlocked.

CROMI-X is based off the stock firmware so it will look almost the same.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links