Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can't boot into recovery but can boot normally

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    Assuming you have the jellybean bootloader, here is what I did to fix my similiar problem.
    Download recovery.img.sos from
    Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial TF201 - xda-developers DevDB
    and place it in your fastboot directory. Open a command prompt in that folder by right clicking and choosing open command prompt here.
    Reboot your prime into fastboot.
    Type: fastboot erase recovery
    Then type: fastboot -i 0xb05 flash recovery recovery.img.SOS
    You should see a blue progress bar. Once complete reboot into recovery. This will flash cwm. Like I said you should have the jb bootloader for this to work for you. Hope his helps.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by mediadriven View Post
    Assuming you have the jellybean bootloader, here is what I did to fix my similiar problem.
    and place it in your fastboot directory. Open a command prompt in that folder by right clicking and choosing open command prompt here.
    You should see a blue progress bar. Once complete reboot into recovery. This will flash cwm. Like I said you should have the jb bootloader for this to work for you. Hope his helps.
    Hi there!

I can confirm above procedure working!!!

I could get CWM-based Recovery v6.0.4.5 to run. I wiped data/factory reset and then I chose to install from ZIP in /sdcard.
    Well, here I had problems... I wanted to install cm-10.1-20140217-NIGHTLY-tf201.zip and I got stuck after "Installing update..." with this error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "tf201" || getprop("ro.build.product") == tf201"
    E:Error in /data/media/Download/cm-10.1-20140217-NIGHTLY-tf201.zip
    (Status 7)

What should I do now?
    Thanks and regards,
    F.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    What you're seeing there is a common error. Usually due to an incompatible recovery. There are a couple of options at this point. If you want to stick with cm 10 you can try flashing this version here:
    [ROM] [TF201] [JB Bootloader] CyanogenMod 10 Unofficial - JZO54K - Oct 30 2012 - xda-developers
    In the second post on that page is a link to a version of cm 10 that will install the jellybean bootloader as well as twrp 2.3.0.0. This has worked for other people in your situation, but no guarantees.
    If on the other hand you would like to go to kitkat (cm 11), you're tablet is already ready for you to do so. Again, that is assuming you already have the jellybean bootloader on your prime. If not, and you want kitkat use option 1. Then reflash the recovery I suggested in my earlier post, then wipe/factory reset and install kitkat. The link for kitkat/cm11 unofficial can be found on this page:
    [ROM][4.4.2 CM-11.0][Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial][KOT49H][06/03/14] - xda-developers
    I'm running kk on my prime and have no real issues to report. The ui is different because it's a port of kk for the prime using the nexus 7 version. Other than that smooth and enjoyable.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi mediadriven.

Thanks for your detailed suggestions, I went for CM11 and it worked like a charm!!!

Many thanks and regards,
    F.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times
    You're welcome. Glad I could help out. Enjoy, I think you'll find that kitkat will make your prime feel like a brand new tablet.
    One more thing. You can dirty flash updates to your rom. That is to say, you can flash over the older version. Bookmark the page I linked to above and check it for updates. Always make a backup in recovery before flashing. Better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by mediadriven; 03-07-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    You're welcome. Glad I could help out. Enjoy, I think you'll find that kitkat will make your prime feel like a brand new tablet.
    One more thing. You can dirty flash updates to your rom. That is to say, you can flash over the older version. Bookmark the page I linked to above and check it for updates. Always make a backup in recovery before flashing. Better safe than sorry.
    Thanks for pointing things out, they might for sure help others reading this thread.
    I myself already had happy times with CM back in the days with my HTC DHD, thus I know what you mean with the above... ;-)

Regards,
    F.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,

i hope you can help me. im from germany - so my english is not the beast
    I tried to improve my TF 201. Unfunrtunatelly my knowledge ist nit very good in this things....

I did:

- unlock the the tf 201 (4.1.1) with the asus original patch tool. This did not really worked because i tested with root checker app.
    - Rooted using motochopper, and verified that it worked using RootChecker
    - tried to install cm with rom installer...

I do not know the differenz between ROM and recovery image.

So now i have the same Problems as FlavioB:

Normal booting ist ok, when I try to boot to recovery it just hangs after displaying the message "Booting recovery kernel image". It's not bricked though; if I hold down the power button it it reboots normally.

I think the problem is solved but i dont know what to do. I looked for the recovery.img.sos from the link upon but i cant find it...
    Can you please help me and give me the download link and probably explain my doing a little bit more detailed.

This would be very nice.

Thanks
    Gtanner00 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mann1979 View Post
    Hi,

I tried to improve my TF 201. Unfunrtunatelly my knowledge ist nit very good in this things....

I did:

- unlock the the tf 201 (4.1.1) with the asus original patch tool. This did not really worked because i tested with root checker app.

Normal booting ist ok, when I try to boot to recovery it just hangs after displaying the message "Booting recovery kernel image". It's not bricked though; if I hold down the power button it it reboots normally.

I think the problem is solved but i dont know what to do. I looked for the recovery.img.sos from the link upon but i cant find it...
    Can you please help me and give me the download link and probably explain my doing a little bit more detailed.

This would be very nice.

Thanks
    Hi Mann.
    It looks like you are doing the process a little haphazardly. This is an old thread and is no longer up to date or relevant. We ha e verified instructions instructions for the 201 on this forum but I am just not able to access them right now. Please be patient and we will be able to help you.
    Hi,

I did:

This would be very nice.

Thanks
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    Hi Mann.
    It looks like you are doing the process a little haphazardly. This is an old thread and is no longer up to date or relevant. We ha e verified instructions instructions for the 201 on this forum but I am just not able to access them right now. Please be patient and we will be able to help you.
    Hi,

thank you. I hope you can help me. This was really haphazardly.
    My visions is to make remote play with ps4 with my tf201... In first step it should work fine with root and cm )

By!!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Hi,

thank you. I hope you can help me. This was really haphazardly.
    My visions is to make remote play with ps4 with my tf201... In first step it should work fine with root and cm )

By!!
    I see. Is it absolutely necessary to have a custom rom like cm or do you just need standard root access?
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links