Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Can't load bootloader...bricked?

After attempting to fastload CW Recovery I can no longer hold power and volume down to get into the bootloader. On top of that, the tablet loads the initial Asus splash screen and then just sits there. Help!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome to the forum. I've moved your thread from the TF101 General Discussion section to TF201 Development where your post should receive some response. That is where topics like yours belong.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Have you unlocked your tablet?
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bfmetcalf View Post
    Have you unlocked your tablet?
    Yes, I have. Here is the whole sequence of events...

1) I was on complete stock updated to the latest Asus OTA
    2) I used the Asus unlock tool to unlock the bootloader
    3) I wanted to gain root access so I tried the freshroot method here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929189. This didn't work and it made my system directory not be found via fastboot.
    4) I attempted to load CW Recovery 5.8.3.4 for the TF201 but it wouldn't open so I went with TWRP 2.3.1.0 (both were loaded via fastboot)
    5) Once TWRP was working I flashed stock Asus version 10.4.2.17(US) and was able to boot into the welcome screen
    6) I still wanted root and I noticed that my recovery image was no longer loading so I attempted to once again push CW Recovery via fastboot.
    7) At this point the tablet turns on to the Asus splash screen and in the top left says "The Device is Unlocked". Holding Power + Volume Down lands me in the same spot.

Thank you again for the help!

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    Unless you can get into a recovery or fastboot I'm afraid I'm not much help. XDA is going to be yourbest bet in that case. Just curious, if cwm didn't work the first place but twrp did, why did you use cwm again?
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bfmetcalf View Post
    Unless you can get into a recovery or fastboot I'm afraid I'm not much help. XDA is going to be yourbest bet in that case. Just curious, if cwm didn't work the first place but twrp did, why did you use cwm again?
    After I flashed stock neither recovery seemed to be working. And then it all died. I posted the same question on XDA but it isn't looking good. Need some spare parts?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    When you flash the stock ROM, the custom recovery is overwritten with a stock recovery that only allows official Asus OTA updates.

I would try flashing the stock ROM again (download, unzip once to a microSD and insert in tablet).

Hold VOL DOWN and POWER until you see some white text (12-15 seconds) then release both buttons. Quickly hit VOL UP to enter stock recovery and trigger the firmware update. See if that gets you booting again.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    When you flash the stock ROM, the custom recovery is overwritten with a stock recovery that only allows official Asus OTA updates.

I would try flashing the stock ROM again (download, unzip once to a microSD and insert in tablet).

Hold VOL DOWN and POWER until you see some white text (12-15 seconds) then release both buttons. Quickly hit VOL UP to enter stock recovery and trigger the firmware update. See if that gets you booting again.
    Yeah, I wish it would. Unfortunately that is the part (along with normal boot) that doesn't work.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links