Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By FreddyT
  • 1 Post By Jeffrey

Thread: MADE IT!!! From Stock/Locked/Unrooted/OTA-JB 10.4.2.15 UNLOCKED/ROOTED/TWRP. (HOWTO)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times

MADE IT!!! From Stock/Locked/Unrooted/OTA-JB 10.4.2.15 UNLOCKED/ROOTED/TWRP. (HOWTO)

So, after days of reading 100 different sites claiming that rooting and unlocking the Prime is a *no-go*once it had beed OTA updated to JB 10.4.2.15 i puzzled the few sites that claimed success together and took the leap of faith!
    This is how i unlocked and rooted my Prime on stock/locked original JB 10.4.2.15! (which I am happily writing this post from right now).
    AS ALWAYS THIS IS WILD STUFF AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES!!!

1. I updated SDK to make sure that that all that content was up to date. (this is done from within SDK Manager).
    2. I downloaded the Asus Unlock Tool V6 from the Asus website. After biting my nails i tried it out and for me it worked without a hickup!
    (Just to confirm again for all of you that are stuck on Completely stock and locked 10.4.2.15 JB - YES (AT LEAST FOR ME) THE ASUS TOOL WORKS)
    3. The Fastboot part was a little tricky and not completely logic... After turning USB Debug ON i rebooted into fastboot mode. I downloaded the "Universal Naked Driver 0.7" (Google it) since my computer could see a fastboot device in device settings but when typing "adb devices" in cmd there was nothing. Installing these drivers require you to uninstall the drivers autoinstalled by windows and turn off "autoinstall drivers" so that you get to choose your own drivers when plugging in the Prime...
    IMPORTANT: I NEVER MANAGED TO GET THE PRIME TO SHOW UP WHEN TYPING "ADB DEVICES" OR "FASTBOOT DEVICES" but i kept on fiddling
    4. I saved the "openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-tf201-JB.blob" from the teamwin site and renamed it twrp.blob as they instruct you to.
    5. I typed in "fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp.blob" and WOILA! despite showing up in my cmd when typing "adb devices" it popped into sweet sweet action!
    6. I then rebooted into RCK which now greeted me with the TEAMWIN logo. There i made a complete nandroid backup (No there is no nvflash possibility for us stock ota jellybeaners atleast for now).
    7. I put the "Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip" on my sdcard and flashed it in TWRP after wiping cache and dalvik just to be extra tidy...

I may be completely noobish posting this, but since i've seen so many different stories on rooting/unlocking on JB i just wanted to confirm that it can be done.

Best Regards and happy rooting out there!
    //Fred
    Jeffrey likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Nice job Fred... Thanks for sharing
    FreddyT likes this.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    I'm moving this to the TF201 forums as the TF101 doesn't use much of this stuff
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Oops... Thx!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links