Thread: Unable to unlock my prime using the ASUS Unlock Tool

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Unable to unlock my prime using the ASUS Unlock Tool

I was always skeptical about unlocking/rooting my Transformer Prime in case I needed my warranty. I sent off my Prime to get repaired last month and got it back a week ago running the latest .28 firmware.

The first thing I did was try to unlock the bootloader using the official tool but it gave me this error:
    "An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. please wait and try again later"

I searched all over XDA but could not find a solution. It's basically useless to me which an unlocked bootloader (Android Dev here) so it's a big deal for me.
    I tried downgrading (without root) to .15 and it still didn't work. I tried rooting, unrooting, updating with Root OTA keeper, and wiping everything but still no luck. Asus support won't help me (obviously) so you guys are my last hope.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? It can't be the Asus Unlock servers because they're running perfectly fine. =/

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    46 times
    I understand there may be two problems. One is the unknown serial number which will prevent an unlock and others report they can't unlock after RMA, which doesn't make any sense. I would just keep trying the unlock tool, some had to try multiple times before it worked.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    46 times
    Update: I ran across this post with a quote from an Asus rep about the unlocking tool:

This is a quote from a message that Tien sent me: "The issue seems to have something to do with the website. I have had users experiencing this issue who have done an RMA and who have never even sent in their tablet. It's a little tricky to track it down. However, we are unable to support the unlocking tool here - I'm sorry. They are aware of it over at HQ, but I cannot give you assurances that it will be resolved soon

Hopefully they will get the issue resolved soon.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    46 times
    Another update. Another reader was able to unlock and found his problem was that the serial numbers did not match. The following is an excerpt:

A further update:

I am now unlocked. Serial number typo between the sticker and the software was the problem. This is how I did it:

1. Am at work so had to install the Asus USB driver and Android SDK (thanks administrator account )
    2. Rooted with this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1706588 because the mempodroid exploit in the next step does not work with the .28 firmware I am currently on.
    3. Updated my S/N with this: http://androidroot.mobi/2012/01/31/i...wn-serial-fix/ to the number on the sticker on my device.
    4. Run unlock tool.
    5. Profit.

I would suggest anyone having this problem check their serial numbers against the sticker. Seems root is not an issue, unlocked while rooted and using my HTC One XL as internet access.

Maybe this will help.
    bfmetcalf likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links