Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Transformer Prime Wii emulator

I've been giving this some thought today, and it seems possible in my mind, although probably not for another year or so!

If a Wii game was backed up and played through the emulator, 1 single Wii mote connected via bluetooth with an independently powered sensor bar...

Could then be played on the go or hooked up via HDMI.

The specs of the prime are much greater than that of the Wii, so it's plausible!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Two things I can think of:
    1. No matter how good the output of the Transformer to HDMI is (720p, 1080i) , the graphic details will always be limited to what was created for the Wii (480p). Should look good on smaller screens, but no better on the larger screens.
    2. Only limited Wii game functionality could ever be emulated, since the transformer lacks the infrared sensor bar used by the Wii. I doubt one of the wireless versions could be connected to our transformers at the same time as the controller.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    1) What would it matter. I'm not talking about improving the graphics, just emulating a Wii. So the whole experience would be just the same as if you were playing on a Wii!
    2) The sensor bar isn't an issue as I already stated. All it is, is just 1 infra-red LED at each end. See these kids using 2 candles instead of a sensor bar:

I think you can get USB powered sensor bars, so it could even be plugged into the TP

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    That's very cool!! After seeing that video I don't know why you couldn't make it work on the Prime with the proper emulator. I'm sure someone will reply with a reason why it won't work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well as we haven't got 100% speed yet in all n64 games - I think we are a little bit away from getting a working wii emulator. Can't see us getting a gamecube emulator tbh - and a wii is suposedly twice as fast as a gamecube. We can always hope though :-)

mox
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Actually emulators on the PC allow you to upscale Wii games to resolutions such as 1920x1080 and it looks just like as if it was native (pixels match perfectly with the resolution rather than being blown up).

Problem is that even on desktop PCs with much more powerful CPUs than the Tegra 3, it is very demanding to emulate Wii/PS2 games at the games' native resolution, let alone upscaled. Considering how much mroe pwerful desktop CPUs are vs mobile cpus, I predict it will be a long time before PS2/Wii games can be emulated smoothly on tablets.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links