Thread: Skin for both tablet and dock, please help me find

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times

Skin for both tablet and dock, please help me find

I am looking for carbon fiber skin for both tablet and dock that have other colors beside black. Skinomi only has black and silver. I've found Phantom Skinz Chromatics for Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers but it's only got skin for the tablet. I need both tablet and dock. Please help me find these.

Thank you.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    I kept searching but couldn't find anything on asus prime accessory. Could you link please?
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    You could try DecalGirl :

DecalGirl | Skins
    Last edited by Swipe; 06-16-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Bob_of_QF likes this.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    You could try DecalGirl :

DecalGirl | Skins
    For some unfathomable reason, they won't supply a skin for the bottom of the dock.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Aside from the docking hinge area [ and the little rubber feet ] my TF101 seems to have very similar dimensions with the dock. Perhaps getting two skins and modifying one might work.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    For some unfathomable reason, they won't supply a skin for the bottom of the dock.
    That's odd-- their pictures of the TF101 appear to have all the major pieces-- the back, the top of the kb dock, it's hinge area, the faceplate surround. I thought there was a bottom-of-the-dock too, but maybe not? I must look closer...

... for the TF101's the dock's bottom is decidedly curved, with cutesy little rubber feets-- you'd have to punch around those (or trim around with a razor). And you'd have to figure out some way to fit the curves, too-- perhaps trimming for an overlap, then remove the overlap? Some very careful razor-knife work, for sure. I wonder if heat-forming would work here... but I'm really not willing to experiment either....

... ahh well, it was a nice thought while it lasted.

I may just get some quality masking tape, some acetone, and some quality automotive lacquer ... in a spray can, of course. Masking off the bits I don't want painted is simple enough-- again, a razor knife and careful trimming so as to avoid all scratches.

Let's see: the bottom feets, the little rubber bumpers on the top of the keyboard, the keys of course, the touchpad, the screen, the various holes-in, and the finicky little volume and power buttons. Then a careful wipe with acetone-- apply the 'tone to a soft lintless cloth, and wipe gently to remove all traces of oils & contaminants.

Then a light buffing with super-fine steel wool (wearing gloves, to avoid fingerprint contamination). Finally several light coats of automotive paint-- buffing lightly between each, with an optional final finish of clear.

The results can be ... spectacular. I've done it with PC cases in the past.

Upon third thought, disassembling the thing would make this project all the more easier (and safer). Another project for August, when my warranty is up.

I'm thinking... hot-rod red. Maybe with some hotrod flames?
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    I kept searching but couldn't find anything on asus prime accessory. Could you link please?
    GI, he was a spammer up to no good and not trying to help you. He's been nuked.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    Went with Skinomi Carbon Fiber. Hard to install so they replaced it free twice but it's awesome. I don't use the screen protector because of the lag but when they replaced my bad installs, I got a whole new kit.

They had aluminum, carbon fiber (darker color) and one that looks like wood-cool.
    It fits perfectly, they even made tiny strips that cover the sides and when I say they fit perfectly, I'm serious. They go just up to an opening like the USB or the power on button on the tablet.

You can buy tablet only or case and tablet. I've had mine on for 7 months and it's NEVER come loose or peeled up. Used them for Android phone and Blackberry & like the fact they'll replace your mistake. And I make lots of mistakes-lol.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links