Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times

Anyone tried the Slimfit case with Handstrap

Hi,

After finally picking up my TF201 a couple of days ago, I need protection.

Im interested in hearing feedback from users who have tried any of the cases with a handstrap, to see actually how functional they really are.

The one im looking at (because Caseen dont have a slim fit type) is the rooCASE Slim-Fit (Black) Folio Case Cover

313S6XlafTL._AA300_.jpg

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    I have the Roo folio case sans the hand strap & it is loose, the bottom of the keyboard dock can slide out and I'm not thrilled with it. MAYBE there have been changes since I got mine 2 months ago.

The search is on for a tight fitted case or folio case again

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Ihave the Caseen slim fit with strap on my prime. I have tested multiple covers for usage both docked and undocked and found this one to be the best yet. The hand strap is a gimmick and useless, but the case is real leather not PU, and fits well. bad points are that you cant charge with the cover closed and it has only one stand angle unless you turn the unit upside down.

I also have the Moko slim fit. It is also nice and is an edge hold case not a sleve style, but i was concerned about scratching my case with the front closure clip as it was showing wear on the leather wrap tab and could lead to possible scratches. That case does have multiple angles for viewing and can be charged while closed.
    Last edited by jismail; 05-12-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    10 times
    I purchased The Folio RooCase and was not disappointed I am quite satisfied with it. I would have liked one like this + some inside pocket for card, stylus etc. but did not find.
    Amazon.com: rooCASE Dual-View Multi Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover for Asus Eee Pad Transformer PRIME 10.1-Inch TF201 Tablet: Electronics

Scrolling down the page you can see a detailed video which covers all functions and performance.

It is not a slim case as required but I have found that the Detachable Inner Sleeve for Handheld Operation is very handy at home when you do not need so much protection and
    when attached to the case it gives extra protection.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    CORRECTION!!! My bad, the case I have for the keyboard w/ the dock attached is the Mini Suit, that's the one that's a piece of junk. At least the one I received and they wouldn't take it back or answer my emails. It didn't fit right from the get go so I tried to contact them to return it the ssame day it arrived and never got a reply.

The Roo Case is the one I got before I had the keyboard, I have the tablet only version and it's a nice case, fits good but could be made a bit better. I don't mind paying $80-$100 for a really nice cover/case if it's made really well. I had one for my old Blackberry phone made by a designer that started with the letter P (not Prada or a purse designer, leather folio maker) but I can't recall the name and can't find the case.
    Someone on a thread I read awhile back mentioned a nice case but it was pricey and of course, can't recall the name of that either.

Is there a Caseen slim fit case for the TP that covers it with the keyboard dock attached? I'm looking for a folio case (I guess that's what you call it when you want to cover keyboard and tablet) but the one I got on Amazom, which had great reviews, is horrible. I've only taken the device out of the house 4 or 5 times since I had the cover (never took it out until I had a cover) and it's so loose, the keyboard bottom edges slip right out.

I like to have ONE case for my devices that is well made and if cared for , will last a long time.

Any advice.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spnnr26 View Post
    I don't mind paying $80-$100 for a really nice cover/case if it's made really well.

I'm looking for a folio case (I guess that's what you call it when you want to cover keyboard and tablet) but the one I got on Amazom, which had great reviews, is horrible. I've only taken the device out of the house 4 or 5 times since I had the cover (never took it out until I had a cover) and it's so loose, the keyboard bottom edges slip right out.

I like to have ONE case for my devices that is well made and if cared for , will last a long time.

Any advice.
    You might check this case out.

Not inexpensive, but it looks like it's much higher quality then what I'm finding on Amazon/eBay....

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    happyThat's excacly the case I was thinking of! Gorgeous! I can't tell how the bottom on the case covers the keyboard from the photo, do you know how it attaches to the part of the keyboard where the trackpad is?

thanks so much, may have to order this one!! I'm happy now, broke but happy

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jismail View Post
    Ihave the Caseen slim fit with strap on my prime. I have tested multiple covers for usage both docked and undocked and found this one to be the best yet. The hand strap is a gimmick and useless, but the case is real leather not PU, and fits well. bad points are that you cant charge with the cover closed and it has only one stand angle unless you turn the unit upside down.

I also have the Moko slim fit. It is also nice and is an edge hold case not a sleve style, but i was concerned about scratching my case with the front closure clip as it was showing wear on the leather wrap tab and could lead to possible scratches. That case does have multiple angles for viewing and can be charged while closed.
    Thanks for your feedback (and the others too).

I think i prefer the slim fit with the handle, so its a combination of the Caseen and Moko. If Caseen had a slim fit with handle, I would have ordered that (since they are forum sponsors)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spnnr26 View Post
    happyThat's excacly the case I was thinking of! Gorgeous! I can't tell how the bottom on the case covers the keyboard from the photo, do you know how it attaches to the part of the keyboard where the trackpad is?

thanks so much, may have to order this one!! I'm happy now, broke but happy
    The sides of the tablet and Keyboard are not so protected as with other cases.
    The area of the Charging is completely exposed, although it is convenient for charging but being not protected at all is a big con.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Well i ended up ordering the RooCase Slim Fit case with strap in a bundle with 2x screen protectors and a stylus from Amazon for about US$40 delivered.

Hopefully its a good fit!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links