Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: My DONGLE is so big hahaha

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I only used mine to see if it works. It works great. Bummer I don't have a navigation program. I'm not paying for one since I have a Garmin and google maps/navigation would be ideal if it would run without wifi. It's a shame. :/

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rcca View Post
    I agree we don't get anything free, Free for us true, but I don't want it , don't use GPS on the Prime, our Law would not allow it. So there goes money down the drain for me even though my specs on the box says GPS, my GPS on the Prime is us less. So Asus got my money for FREE, Ha!
    rcca
    rcca, I do not understand you. You say that you do not want the dongle, you do not use GPS on Ptrime and your Law would not allow it, so what is your problem?. You did not wanted GPS and you do NOT have it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    I finally got my dongle. I waited several weeks after the status said 'shipped'. When it never showed up, I emailed them and they sent it out the next day. They must have a glitch in their shipping process.

The dongle does improve the gps reception so I'm happy from that perspective. They made several major design errors that others have noted--They should have designed the dongle with a pass-through port so that the tablet can be charged while using the gps. It would also have been better if they would have designed the dongle to work with the Dock. I would have been really happy if they had designed a WiFi antenna into the dongle too. But, I am happy that I have a working gps now.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by desplin View Post
    I finally got my dongle. I waited several weeks after the status said 'shipped'. When it never showed up, I emailed them and they sent it out the next day. They must have a glitch in their shipping process.

The dongle does improve the gps reception so I'm happy from that perspective. They made several major design errors that others have noted--They should have designed the dongle with a pass-through port so that the tablet can be charged while using the gps. It would also have been better if they would have designed the dongle to work with the Dock. I would have been really happy if they had designed a WiFi antenna into the dongle too. But, I am happy that I have a working gps now.
    Agreed 100%. My Dongle arrived today (Gods, that sounds so dirty!) and where before my GPS detected 0 satellites, it suddenly detected 15 and pinpointed my house exactly on Google Maps. Unfortunately, as I understand it (I haven't tested this yet) the dongle also drains serious battery power, which means using my Prime as a GPS on long drives is out of the question, thus rendering the dongle somewhat moot--a pass-through for charging while engaged would've been nice. Overall, I can't complain, though, as it was free.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreyelf View Post
    Agreed 100%. My Dongle arrived today (Gods, that sounds so dirty!) and where before my GPS detected 0 satellites, it suddenly detected 15 and pinpointed my house exactly on Google Maps. Unfortunately, as I understand it (I haven't tested this yet) the dongle also drains serious battery power, which means using my Prime as a GPS on long drives is out of the question, thus rendering the dongle somewhat moot--a pass-through for charging while engaged would've been nice. Overall, I can't complain, though, as it was free.
    Did you sign the package at the door for your dongle

Skickat från min Transformer TF101 via Tapatalk 2

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    4 times
    Mine came USPS.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Got my extension GPS today (TNT) was kind of surprised since VIP site still shows 'being processed' status.. anyway happy since I applied for it 19.4.

First impressions.. installed (yes it's ugly) and within 4 seconds I could see 16 satellites.. (on comparison original HW on open air/horizontal position 15-20 minutes since can see satellites) so definite improvement.

Yes works better inside doors.. then other remarks after 2 hours using

other try.. extension plug out / plug in.. nothing no satellites for minutes... tablet restart and woila! GPS works again.

I had no screen rotate activated.. funny thing 'GPS Test' rotates screen (vertical) and can see satellites (16).. then I turn to horizontal.. application adjusts and no satellites.. after 1 minutes again 16.

Improvement to the original HW yes.. I just wish this would have been included originally..

And FYI HW arrived in Finland.

----

Addition there.. just let the tablet be on table for 0.5h with extension on.... tablet reboot..

----

And add there another reboot...

----

I just let it be on table (normal power off from top left).. and tablet is suddenly alive ?

----

Again reboot.....

----

ASUS something for you to work on for your next update!
    Last edited by meatgrind; 05-16-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, for me this isn't a luxury item but needed for work and it will be the only one when, anytime now, my 12-year-old laptop dies. And I paid all I could afford and then some more because I expect this to last for a loong time - no buy back option was offered to me, neither I could take an advantage of it, living in a third world country, with a third world salary... Asus should've been honest about the GPS and deleted it from its product description or at Or at least shipped the dongle automatically to new customers like me. Instead, it is very quiet about it, and the fact that it will stop giving the dongle free after next month. > Even if I somehow managed to get one, say to my friend's address and he could get it to me, how practical will it be? Just imagine carrying your pad in your hand, with most likely other things as well, trying not to knock it off and /or damaging the USB port at the same time!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

How to Use the GPS Toggle

As the headline states I want to know how to use the GPS Toggle. I live in Greece and today a sort of miracle happened when there was a ring at my door and I received a big envelope for Asus Holland. I thought Asus didn't deliver to Greece or Italy according to their official statement but I guess miracles do happen with this company . So I attached the toggle on the bottom of the Prime and was expecting to see some pop-up but nothing. I searched the menus but I didn't see anything new. My Prime is with the latest firmware update(I even got it faster that most people in the US) so can anyone tell me what am I missing here?? I opened google maps but nothing. I opened navigation and still nothing. My location was never retrieved and the only message I saw was about internet connection being needed. Is there a possibility that we have no sattelite coverage here in Greece?? I don't know what else to think.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    I'm merging this with the main Dongle thread, Nailen. Have a read through that, the other donglers will also chip in, I'm sure.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links