Thread: Transformer prime and adonit jot

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Transformer prime and adonit jot

Can I use the adonit jot with the transformer prime?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    0 times
    While I don't own a prime, I do own an og and had noticed some sensitivity issues with it and the jot, namely I have to apply a decent bit of pressure or else it doesn't register. I was in Office Max playing with the prime floor model and noticed the same issue.

I would just figure I have a defective jot, but it works fine with my phone and there iPads at work. Then again I haven't heard anyone else with that complaint, so I dunno.

Sent from my Motorola Failure using tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, I have had another user explain it to me. It has something to do with the density of the screen.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    *Sigh*

The TF101 works very accurately with the jot. But the capacitive screen of the TF101 is less sensitive than the prime.

Unfortunately, even though the prime's capacitive sensor is more sensitive than the TF101's capacitive sensor, the prime's grid is less dense than the TF101's grid. So, you can't draw as accurate on the prime as the TF101. This is why people are reporting having problems drawing a diagonal line on the prime. The prime's sensor grid is not dense enough to give the accuracy.

Why, oh why couldn't asus engineers give us both sensitivity AND accuracy? Why did they either give us one or the other? Why not both?
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    *Sigh*

The TF101 works very accurately with the jot. But the capacitive screen of the TF101 is less sensitive than the prime.

Unfortunately, even though the prime's capacitive sensor is more sensitive than the TF101's capacitive sensor, the prime's grid is less dense than the TF101's grid. So, you can't draw as accurate on the prime as the TF101. This is why people are reporting having problems drawing a diagonal line on the prime. The prime's sensor grid is not dense enough to give the accuracy.

Why, oh why couldn't asus engineers give us both sensitivity AND accuracy? Why did they either give us one or the other? Why not both?
    Same reason as why they gave you more cpu cores but fewer usb ports (prime vs tf101)

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Moved from tf101 general to prime general

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Got one. Works great. Jot Pro with Prime

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Betaguru View Post
    Got one. Works great. Jot Pro with Prime
    Hi. Would you give a little more information about your use of the Jot with the Prime? (Or anyone else who cares to help I've been investigating this in depth for the past couple of weeks and I think I've been more discouraged than encouraged by what I've found. I read posts that expressed concern about the danger of grit getting between the head of the Jot and the screen, leading to scratches. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had to change the head of the Jot frequently? Have you used it for lengthy note-taking and did it work pretty well? Did you find that you had to use a lot of pressure when writing as mentioned above by one poster? Is it really as noisy as they (the nebulous they!) say? Doesn't work with screen protectors, does it? Your Pros? Cons?

@Goodintentions: I saw your video on YouTube using the Jot on what I thought was the 201 and I was impressed. After searching for it just now, I realize you were using the 101. I'm glad that I didn't rush off and order the Jot based on my first impression! Based on your comments above, would I be wrong in assuming that you feel that the Jot on the Prime would not give very good results? I don't mean to read anything into what you wrote but I want to properly understand the point of your post so it can factor in as part of my decision on whether I will try the Jot or not.
    Last edited by mija; 04-19-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Swype and human errors!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a screen protector on my prime so scratches are not of a concern. The screen protector I use is matte and designed to reduce fingerprints. As such, my finger slides across with ease and without any grit. The Jot Pro tips are fairly fragile but I have not broken it yet. It does work nicely and I have used it to take notes using SuperNote. I do not consider what I was doing "lengthy." I spent an hour or two noting things while on a visit for house hunting expedition. It worked well and comfortably. With my screen protector, no noise.
    mija likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Jot Pro with Prime

I reviewed several ads and demos on the Jot Pro on Prime before purchasing one for my use. The line is so broken as to be unusable. That is why I joined the forum to see what can be done to improve response.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links