Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times

Just Ordered a Tuff-Luv Case for my Prime

Gonna protect my investment with this sharp looking case: Tuff-Luv Saddleback Leather Book Style cover and Keyboard case for Transformer Prime TF201 Tablet - Brown: Amazon.ca: Electronics. looks like it is coming from the UK - ETA is first week May but I have been reading that many customers get very quick delivery from the Tuff-Luv folks. Looking forward to this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I guess it's a nicer leather than this one?

Tuff-Luv Leather Book Style case and Keyboard case for Transformer Prime TF201 Tablet - Black: Amazon.ca: Electronics

And personally for my case budget I'd go pretend leather with this option to save $100.

http://www.amazon.ca/Tuff-Luv-Leathe...4155822&sr=1-1

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    IMHO, such cases kinda defeat the purpose of having the slimmest tablet around. It's like getting a really hot boyfriend/girlfriend and then cover him/her up from head to toe whenever you take him/her out.

My skinomi body armor skin should be arriving today.

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Black Carbon Fiber Film Shield & Screen Protector for Asus Transformer Prime Keyboard Dock (Only For Keyboard) + Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    So you're only covering the keyboard? I've never tried this since there's about 10-12 different pieces and I'm not the most artsy individual on the planet! When placing the pieces on the different areas is it easy to slide them around to get them lined up perfectly?

Thanks!

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    So you're only covering the keyboard? I've never tried this since there's about 10-12 different pieces and I'm not the most artsy individual on the planet! When placing the pieces on the different areas is it easy to slide them around to get them lined up perfectly?

Thanks!
    Haha, I linked to the wrong one. I meant the full body armor.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    My case shipped from the UK today - standard airmail.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I went with the Tuff-Luv hemp case. Ordered it yesterday with estimated delivery tomorrow.
    Tracking it makes me sad...I'm a native of Indianapolis currently living in Memphis. If I were in my hometown, I'd have it right now, since it shipped from one of Amazon's Indiana warehouses.
    TF 201-ICS since 4/9/12
    HTC Inspire 4G-Gingerbread since 2011.
    Kindle DX since June 2010-what can I say, I like screen real estate!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    22 times
    I got the Tuff Luv saddle back leather for both the tablet and keyboard a few weeks ago. Ordered off of amazon and paid for the express shipping as it was only like $10 more. I was expecting to get pinged with an import tarrif but that didnt happen. Had it in 2 days delivered by DHL. Does it add bulk...Yes....Is it the best case I have seen thusfar...resounding YES! Its actually made out of leather unlike most of the others that advertise leather then when you read the specs it says "Made with premium poly-urethane leather". Poly-urethane and leather do not belong in the same sentence, maybe with "Pleather". Very nice case and the only dowside I can see is it is stiff when new. I spent some time working the portion that wraps the dock hinge to soften it up a bit.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I just received my hemp case. I'm pasting the review I wrote for Amazon sharing my first impressions...

After researching lots of cases for my Asus Prime, I decided to give this one a shot, despite the premium price. Here are my initial impressions.

Pros:
    1. Well made of quality materials.
    2. Extra storage slots for memory, etc.
    3. Stand works well.
    4. Different from the "boring" leather cases, but still conservative.
    5. Hemp case significantly less than premium leather cases.

Cons:
    1. Adds bulk to a sleek piece of tech.
    2. Price (worth it for the added protection and grip, IMHO).
    3. Dock is not secured when cased separately from the tablet.
    4. Flap makes use of rear camera awkward (just about any case would do this and is a complaint not unique to this item).

Another con, which may be a deal breaker, is the strip of leather along the top of the tablet. It bunches up in a funny way and causes the front camera to be partially obscured. If I hold the leather down, it would be fine. A possible solution for Tuff-Luv would be to use two Velcroed leather strips instead of just one to secure the Prime. This would hold down the strap and would cause the camera cut-out to align properly. This may simply need a day or two with the tablet in the case to settle properly. I'm only 15 minutes from the unboxing process, so I'm willing to give it a little time.

As far as the other cons of the review, #'s 1 and 4 were expected before purchasing the case. I actually like the added bulk when just using the tablet. With the dock, it is noticeably bulkier and heavier than I'd like, but without the case, I was always afraid this thing would slip out of my hands. In other words, I find there to be pros that go along with these two cons; it's a tradeoff. Price is certainly a factor, but reviews of other cases for the Transformer Prime + Dock led me to believe it was worth the investment.

Con #3 is something I have to ponder for a little bit. I don't think it will be a problem, really, because I will probably not carry the dock by itself all that often, and I don't think there would be any way to secure the dock's upper two corners without interfering with the 40-pin connector and the USB port.

Overall, I'm pleased with this purchase. Aside from the bulk with the dock attached, it feels great in my hands. The tablet itself feels secure without the dock attached, which is a negative in reviews of several other cases. One thing that didn't initially stand-out in the product photos was the detail stitching on the front of the cover. It is only in the last of the images that you can see this, and it didn't jump out at me. Upon seeing it initially, I thought I would have preferred it not be there, but I do think it adds a little something to the look which I like now. Make sure to look at the photo to see if you like this or not before purchasing.
    TF 201-ICS since 4/9/12
    HTC Inspire 4G-Gingerbread since 2011.
    Kindle DX since June 2010-what can I say, I like screen real estate!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TP57 View Post
    Gonna protect my investment with this sharp looking case: Tuff-Luv Saddleback Leather Book Style cover and Keyboard case for Transformer Prime TF201 Tablet - Brown: Amazon.ca: Electronics. looks like it is coming from the UK - ETA is first week May but I have been reading that many customers get very quick delivery from the Tuff-Luv folks. Looking forward to this.
    Just received my Tuff-Luv case yesterday afternoon. Arrived about a week earlier than the stated ETA. This is one beautiful case. It fits like a glove and secures the TF201 and dock very well inside, the workmanship is very good and the leather is top quality. Worth the wait and the price IMO. Kudos to Tuff-Luv on this product!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links