Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times

Lightbulb one of the most important things that gets forgotten but can't work without it,...

i have dozens of cables i have collected over the years and the one thing i have learned is that when you least expect it one will go bad, be it a short, and accidental vacuum injury, you name it and will happen sooner or later. the full replacement charging kit is near fifty bucks but that includes the wall plug portion which i wasn't too concerned about but the 40 pin usb cable that was another thing. so i looked all over and was really surprised how hard it was to find one i could keep as a spare. i finally found three at amazon, all from different resellers and all from hong kong. they ranged from $15 to $19 plus shipping which varied. being they are all from hong kong and shipping in my experience can take 2 to 4 weeks, if mine went out i would be sol for possibly a month so i got one. this should be my last and final accessory purchase, well for awhile anyway. just food for thought if anyone is interested. fyi if anyone does decide to go through amazon to get one be very careful and read the description carefully as i found out not all 40 pin cables will work even if they look identical.
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    My solution costs a little more $35 with free shipping but it is genuine Asus charging cable with the 5 foot cord and it comes with a free stylus. They are also Supporting Vendors of this forum. So I purchased this myself because of the peace of mind of having a second cable. Someone said OD has them for $29.99 but then you got to either drive to their store or pay for shipping. Here is the link to the Caseen charging cable.

Genuine Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 AC Adapter Charger & 5' Foot USB Data Cable (New Style)
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links