Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: External USB Adapter - Does it work with PS3 gamepad?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

External USB Adapter - Does it work with PS3 gamepad?

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I just bought the External USB Adapter 990-XB2UOKEX00020 for my EEE Pad Transformer TF101: http://pt.asus.com/Peripherals_Acces...l_USB_Adapter/

I was wondering if I can play the games with a PS3 gamepad connected to this External USB Adapter. I didn't buy the keyboard/dock, so I don't know if it will work only with the tablet and the Adapter.

Thanks in advance for your help. Much appreciated.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    In a word, yes!

Yes, the ASUS External USB Adapter works fine with my PS3 Game Pad, so long as it is plugged into the power port on the Prime and not into the power port on the dock. If you want to use a PS3 gamepad with the dock, then you just plug it into the dock's USB port--but you probably knew that already.

One little nuance, when you first plug the gamepad into your Prime and start playing a game, you will need to hold the PS Button down for what seems like a VERY long time (perhaps 15 or 20 seconds) before the Prime recognizes it. From then on, it will stay recognized until you either unplug it or shut down the Prime.

If you follow these instructions and still have problems, post again and I'll try to help you figure things out. But in all likelihood the above should get you up and running. Enjoy gaming on your Prime!
    DrMightySnake likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Many thanks Woody :-) Guess I'll have to spend a few more Euros on the PS3 controller ;-) I don't have the dock for the TF101, just the tablet itself. From what I understood, I'll just have to connect the adapter to where I usually connect the charger and then connect the PS3 gamepad, right? By the way, you didn't specify which PS button I should press (I suppose the Start Button). Is it possible to play all games with the gamepad or just a few? I'm new to Android, so sorry for all this questions. Also I didn't know I had a Asus Prime (so dumb of me). I thought the Prime was a different a superior model :-S Thanks for the tip. Best.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The PS button is the round button on the PS3 controller/gamepad that says PS on it. It's the button you use to pair the controller with your PS3 when you're using it wirelessly via bluetooth. It is located below (closer to you) the START and SELECT buttons.

>>>From what I understood, I'll just have to connect the adapter to where I usually connect the charger and then connect the PS3 gamepad, right?

Yes. And then launch a game that supports the gamepad (Riptide is the one I use) and hold the PS button down until the 4 little lights all flash and until the left thumbstick starts to control your player.

Not all games support the PS GamePad. Riptide and Shadowgun do. And so do several others that I have played (can't remember their names at present, sorry.)

>>>Also I didn't know I had a Asus Prime (so dumb of me). I thought the Prime was a different a superior model
    The Transformer Prime (TF 201) IS the newest, latest, greatest model. It's predecessor is the TF101, simply called the Transformer. The Transformer Prime (TF201) has a Tegra 3 processor that is faster and has 4 cores plus a companion core and the Prime (TF201) also has a better graphics processor. There are games like Glowball--which has very sophisticated lighting and texture effects-- that work with a Tegra 3 but not with earlier Tegra processor, such as the processor found in the TF 101 .

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    171 times
    @Woody : List of the Games the are optimized with Tegra 3 and support Controllers
    • Shadowgun THD(Tegra HD)
    • GTA3
    • Shine Runner
    • Zen Pinball THD
    • Riptide GP
    • Hockey Nations 2011

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks, Mighty Snake! Are you saying Riptide is not optimized for the Tegra 3?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Thanks, Mighty Snake! Are you saying Riptide is not optimized for the Tegra 3?
    No it is(Riptide GP is the full name ;however, There are two versions of Shadowgun - one for Tegra 2 and the other THD for Tegra 3, Tegra Zone - Download The Best Android Games For Your Tegra Device

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Weird...I've plugged in my ps3 controller to my dock, pressed the center button on the ps3 and its connected. I don't have to hold it for any length of time.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Very weird. Mine doesn't work consistently unless I hold the PS button is held for a protracted period of time. Sounds like you're lucky!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Many thanks for all the explanations guys :-) I'm still waiting for the adapter. I'll give some feedback when I've tried it.
    DrMightySnake likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links