Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best pen for drawing or taking notes on Prime

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Best pen for drawing or taking notes on Prime

Got my Prime yesterday from BB and so far so good.

Question...what is the best stylus / pen to use for line drawing and taking notes ?

Also, what are the best apps for drawing and for taking notes ? Would like translation to text if possible.

Thanks

Bill ?

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    904 times
    For detailed drawing, many prefer the Adonit Jot, like a ball point ball-jointed into a clear plastic disc. For gaming, where you aggressively poke the screen, many prefer the AYL, a hollow rubber half ball. I just got my iFaraday stylus (Artist's), which is similar to the AYL, but has dielectric mesh nib, with the form factor slightly larger than the AYL. The iFaraday is the most sensitive, requiring the lightest touch, of the lot. That's about the main types...oh yeah, one more, kind'f a fuzzy wuzzy nib that you preen with a bit of velcro..forgot the name of it.
    Last edited by sculptedstylus; 01-04-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Adonit Jot.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the replies

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    3 times
    I just bought the Wacom Bamboo Stylus. It is sold by PC World here in UK as being an iPad accessory - but it works just fine on the Prime. I am using it with Sketchbook Pro.
    Asus Transformer Prime 32Gb with Keyboard dock (Grey)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Follow up Questions: What is the best App for note taking.

Context suggests taking notes with a pen. Options include converting to text, creating diagrams that can be sent, etc... Two contexts... 1. taking notes on a presentation or lecture (PDF or powerpoint or..) and 2. working with a team in a meeting.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Your question is very hard to answer. I used to be a cop. If you were to ask me how do you work as a cop, I'd probably tell you to go away. If I ask you how do you do your job, you'd probably tell me to go away. If you ask me how do I do as an engineer nowadays, I'd tell you to go away.

No two people have the same experiences with the same apps/accessories. We may suggest to you certain things, but when it get down to very specific things like what's in your question, then no we have no answer for you.

I use a combo of repligo and ezpdf to write directly into my pdf files for my own notes. I use android office for my word and excel editing. Sometimes, I jot down things really quickly using either writepad stylus or antipaper (they both have palm rejection). To do this with ease, I temporarily disable my status bar so I don't accidentally touch the notification icons.

There is no one app that does what you want. Why? Because no one person has the same requirements. This is one of those things where you either try to spend some time getting use to using a combo of apps or just stick with pen and paper.

And yes, I'm one of those that have completely replaced my laptop and pen and paper with the tablet. But then again, I've always been technology oriented. It's always taken me much shorter time to learn how to use a new technology and get used to it compared to most other people. For example, you know how many people have complained that they can't use their tablets like a laptop? I haven't touched my laptop since May. And I take notes with my tablet. In fact, there's no lag time anymore for me when taking hand written notes. I'm used enough to it that it's second nature to me.

That said, you should really try it out and if you find yourself not being comfortable then just stick with what you know best. No one can tell you what's right for you. You have to find this out on your own.

Added by edit.

And you should really buy those apps I mentioned and try them out.

If you buy all of them together, they'd still cost less than $20. We spend more than that on crap every day. I don't understand this anti-buying apps that people have these days. These devs work hard to make your life more convenient. The least you could do is spend the $5 buying the office app that acts almost like MSoffice. Ezpdf is $2. Writepad stylus is 99 cents. Antipaper is like $4. You spend more than that on donuts.

I have a friend who makes about 150K a year. And he just asked me if I could sign my account into his tablet so he doesn't have to buy the apps I've already bought. It's mind boggling why people are so unwilling to spend a couple bucks on apps when they spend so much more on crap each day. The license we have to pay for some of the pgrms we use at work is like $150 a year. And people complain about spending 99 cents on a hand written app with palm rejection? Goodness...
    Last edited by goodintentions; 01-06-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    Abe21599 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks GoodIntentions.

I agree, everyone has a little different requirement, but it is good to learn from other folks' experience. I have ezPDF on my HTC EVo (paid!) and like it a lot. I used it throughout the IOD Conference (in conjunction with a simple todo lister), and got by in spite of the small form factor.

Only downside was that I got dirty looks since people around me figured I was texting! I'll check out Repligo when TP shows up (Now Monday instead of Today

I like the sounds of writepad stylus and antipaper... especially the implication in the name of "antipaper"

Thanks for the recommendations.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Don't forget about the built in app called SuperNote. It's actually pretty good.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackg058 View Post
    Don't forget about the built in app called SuperNote. It's actually pretty good.

I've been using Super Note for over a week now and I like it. What can I expect to see that's different with Antipaper?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links