Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By droidbound

Thread: TF701T firmware recover: android vector ball turns 1.5 minutes then belly upand crash

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times

TF701T firmware recover: android vector ball turns 1.5 minutes then belly upand crash

Greetings,

first off a big thank you for explaining in non-taiwanese-english how to recover the tablet with a firmware SD card! It looked very promising, the android man starts playing with his vector ball and the thin blue time line starts growing, after approx. 1.5 minutes the time line jumps to full length, the vector ball slows down and sputters and the android keels over onto his back and the warning sign appears over his open belly...

Has anyone experienced a similar phenomenon? Does SD card hardware diagnostic software exist to test memory and other components of the tablet?

Many thanks,

Stephan

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    700 times
    No, there is no diagnostic software. The recovery does an initial validity and integrity check of the zip to be flashed and yours seems to pass that test. Why it then fails is anybody's guess...
    Could be a corrupt partition - who knows.
    The microSD method is your only option if your bootloader is still locked, so keep trying for as long as you can stand it....
    stepgilb likes this.
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Many thanks, I tried all ww SKU versions of the firmware and some twice to no avail, the latest version info sort of showed on the top line of the recovery screen after the ww_eepad..., the same stored in the UL-K00C-WW-11.4.1.30.zip firmware.
    Is it at all possible to load a different os e.g. linux or such onto the device to analyse and format the internal drive?

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    700 times
    With the SD card method you can only flash the same firmware version or something newer. Stock recovery and bootloader do not allow you to downgrade. If the WW version failed, try the US version maybe. The only difference are some system settings you can easily change later.
    As for another OS on this hardware: The locked BL does not allow you to do anything of that magnitude. Even if it did, I would be doubtful about the feasibility of such a project. Linux does not have drivers for this hardware to start with. Some folks dabbled with Linux on the TF700 and they did get it to boot I think, but barely more than that. Don;t think anybody tried anything like that on this tablet....
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    329 times
    I thought I saw an Asus publication about native Linux on TF701, but I can't seem to find it. It's almost certain that it would require an unlocked bootloader anyway. Is this what you were talking about?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...96960#poststop
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links