Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    2 times

Touchscreen not responding..Fine from dock.

Even though I'm typing this, reporting a touchscreen that doesn't work, it's not stopping me touching it to scroll etc.. Grrrr.
    Anyway, as per title, the screen has completely stopped responding on my TF701. This was actually a new replacement from Amazon after I had issues with the backlight on my last one. Think it was replaced around Nov/Dec 2014.
    Anything I can do or do I need to return it to Asus?

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    902 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sjw View Post
    Even though I'm typing this, reporting a touchscreen that doesn't work, it's not stopping me touching it to scroll etc.. Grrrr.
    Anyway, as per title, the screen has completely stopped responding on my TF701. This was actually a new replacement from Amazon after I had issues with the backlight on my last one. Think it was replaced around Nov/Dec 2014.
    Sounds like a hardware problem, and since you got it so recently, I would return it for a replacement.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sjw View Post
    sjw - We're very sorry that you've been having this issue with the touchscreen of your TF701. We would love to assist you in getting this issue resolved. If it's possible may you kindly email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing the serial number of your Transformer along with a detailed explanation of the issue you're experiencing and if you've attempted to do any personal troubleshooting you may also advise us of this as well.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. You may reference this case number (N150416295) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi, thanks for the replay Asus_USA. I am in the UK though, do I need to reply/report it somewhere different?
    All I have tried is a full restart and one holding the power/vol button on reboot (not the full factory reset). I need to back things up beforehand - unless this pretty much sounds like a hardware issue and not a software issue?
    Either way, thanks for the quick response - much appreciated. (he says, trying to swipe the screen yet again.................)

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    sjw:- Hi, we suggest contacting UK Systems Support as they would be better able to assist with this issue based on your location. They can be contacted at +44-1442265548 Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    sjw:- Hi, we suggest contacting UK Systems Support as they would be better able to assist with this issue based on your location. They can be contacted at +44-1442265548 Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00.
    Amazon have said they will give me a full refund. Thing is, I do like the tablet. I'm not so sure about sending it off (or the process). What other tablet options are there - no news of a newer version of the 701 from Asus?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links