Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Very Hot won't power on..

I am pretty sure the outcome here. I know the normal troubleshooting steps, but just in case someone has any clue. My TF701 was fine last night and I plugged it in to its wall charger like I do every night. This morning it wasn't powered on, no big deal, but it wont power up and I noted it is very hot on the top right corner of the tablet. I then hear what sounds like bubbling in that corner. I quickly placed the device in the fridge to try to cool it down. After 10 minutes I took it out and it is fairly cool everywhere but that top corner and I can still hear bubbling. I put it back in the fridge in a drawer, mainly to keep it from exploding.

Any ideas or am I just out of luck? I purchased this used on Ebay about 6 months ago so no warranty that route and I figure Asus wont honor any warranty with me.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Doesn't sound good - it might just be the battery or it might be something more terminal.

You can try registering the device via the Asus website to see if there is any manufacturer's warranty remaining. If there isn't then your next step would be to follow one of the many guides (YouTube, iFixit) on opening up your device to see what the situation is.

I strongly doubt it will be worth spending money on as far as a third party repair is concerned (& certainly not via Asus - even more expensive ).

Welcome to the forum

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDevan View Post
    I am pretty sure the outcome here. I know the normal troubleshooting steps, but just in case someone has any clue. My TF701 was fine last night and I plugged it in to its wall charger like I do every night. This morning it wasn't powered on, no big deal, but it wont power up and I noted it is very hot on the top right corner of the tablet. I then hear what sounds like bubbling in that corner. I quickly placed the device in the fridge to try to cool it down. After 10 minutes I took it out and it is fairly cool everywhere but that top corner and I can still hear bubbling. I put it back in the fridge in a drawer, mainly to keep it from exploding.

Any ideas or am I just out of luck? I purchased this used on Ebay about 6 months ago so no warranty that route and I figure Asus wont honor any warranty with me.
    SirDevan - We are sorry that you're experiencing some temperature issues with your TF701. We would love to assist you in resolving the issue. Please send us an email with the serial number of your TF701 along with summarized contact information for further assistance. You may direct this email to socialsupportus@asus.com.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    I contacted Asus already. They sent me a canned response that basically said try charging it again and gave 5 different ways of trying to charge it, but when I plug in the charger the top right corner gets hot immediately to the point you don't want to touch it. So, to avoid damaging me or anything else I am not going to try anymore of the canned charging attempts and will contact them further. It's definitely toast and I am certain it's battery issues, just hope the battery didn't take something with it.

Thank you for the responses.

Devan

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links