Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times

cable-ethernet suddenly stopped working

Hi,

we have an ASUS TF701T (K00C) with Dock connected to LAN via USB to RJ45 Adapter from bobjgear. This is a kind of "living room pc".
    This worked perfectly for months until 23th of august this year. I assume it is not a defect of the adapter as the same problem occurs with another (new) one. We tested the adapter with a windows pc - it is definitly working.

If we attach it to the tablet there is just no ethernet connection an no information at all about the network (and I see that there is no attempt to get an ip from the dhcp-server-log). Afaik there were no updates and no unusual operation. It just suddenly stopped working with ethernet. I do not see any hint to other problems nor do I know if there is some kind of log available. So I currently do not have any idea how to go further.

Here is the data I see:

- model k00c
    - android 4.3
    - kernel 3.4.57-g15e4406 / Nov/8/2013
    - build JSS15J.WW-epad-10.26.1.7-20131108 020115_201310210002
    - MobileDock DOCK-EC32T-0205

Did anyone had a similar problem or any idea what could be wrong and what could I do to further analyze the problem?

Regards

Michael

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum Michael

That's a tough problem to solve on Android. I supposes you have restarted with the adapter attached. Have you tried a cold restart. cache cleaning?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    That's a tough problem to solve on Android. I supposes you have restarted with the adapter attached. Have you tried a cold restart. cache cleaning?
    I tried a restart with and without adapter. I tried a cold restart. I just removed all files from cache (via Memory - data in cache - remove all) and did a cold restart without success.

Are there any log files which could help?

Regards Michael

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    If you aren't rooted I'm not aware of any log files or other diagnostics you could access.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    You could try to run a logcat of the sytem processes and pull the kernel logs. They are not easy to interpret for the uninitiated (like me), but they may give you a hint on what's going on.

Run this cool little tool on your Windows PC to install adb: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979
    Then go to Settings > About, tap 7x on Build Number to enable Developer Options (they will show up above About tablet) and enable USB debugging.
    Connect your tablet to your PC via USB and in a command prompt opened from your adb folder issue
    Code:
    adb devices
    If it returns a string of numbers and letters your adb connection is working.
    Then:
    Code:
    adb logcat -v time > logcat.txt
    Connect your ethernet, wait a few seconds, then hit CTRL+C to stop the logcat.
    Then
    Code:
    adb dmesg > dmesg.txt
    You should now have two .txt files in your adb folder: logcat.txt and dmesg.txt

If that does not tell you anything AND this is not a hardware failure AND ethernet was working fine before, a factory reset from settings may be in order or - if that does not help either - a manual reflash of the firmware. You will find guides for both in the transformer guides section linked in my sig.
    Good luck

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links