Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Asus tf701 docking station not charging since day one , now vol up key isn't working.

Hi guys,
    So here's my list of problems i have encountered with my recently purchased asus tf701t (4 weeks back)

1 - the docking station doesn't charge since day one (although it's AD02, but from the october release), always at 0% with or without the tablet attached.Nor does it charge the tablet when its attached to it ,rather drains it.
    Even left it charging over night.

2 - 3 days back , vol up key stopped working without any apparent physical damage.

so far have tried:

contacting asus customer support without any positive solution, all they could come up with was that i do a "whip data" which i did to no avail.
    currently the rom is stock rom JB 4.3, with latest US firmware and isn't rooted.

The problem am facing is i can't ship it back since i bought it online and paid a large amount for it to be shipped to my country, so shipping it back isn't an option for me.

PS: while the dock is connected to the wall charger and if i go into fastboot mode (power+vol down), the blinking of the 3 icons is painfully slow as compared to when i remove the charging cable. Also the docking station shows that its charging but actually drains the tablets battery instead.

so here's what am thinking will rooting and changing the firmware from US to ww be of any help?
    Is there anything that can be done to fix the charging issue + the vol up key issue ?
    also is there any way i could perform a triple whip data or cold boot without my vol up key working?

Also i found this and wanted to share it with you guys : http://www.theandroidsoul.com/get-tr...-via-cm11-rom/

Please help me guys..............
    Last edited by ATPS; 02-04-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ATPS View Post
    Hi guys,
    So here's my list of problems i have encountered with my recently purchased asus tf701t (4 weeks back)

1 - the docking station doesn't charge since day one (although it's AD02, but from the october release), always at 0% with or without the tablet attached.Nor does it charge the tablet when its attached to it ,rather drains it.
    Even left it charging over night.

2 - 3 days back , vol up key stopped working without any apparent physical damage.

so far have tried:

contacting asus customer support without any positive solution, all they could come up with was that i do a "whip data" which i did to no avail.
    currently the rom is stock rom JB 4.3, with latest US firmware and isn't rooted.

The problem am facing is i can't ship it back since i bought it online and paid a large amount for it to be shipped to my country, so shipping it back isn't an option for me.

PS: while the dock is connected to the wall charger and if i go into fastboot mode (power+vol down), the blinking of the 3 icons is painfully slow as compared to when i remove the charging cable. Also the docking station shows that its charging but actually drains the tablets battery instead.

so here's what am thinking will rooting and changing the firmware from US to ww be of any help?
    Is there anything that can be done to fix the charging issue + the vol up key issue ?
    also is there any way i could perform a triple whip data or cold boot without my vol up key working?

Also i found this and wanted to share it with you guys : http://www.theandroidsoul.com/get-tr...-via-cm11-rom/

Please help me guys..............
    Jeez - I wish I had some magic trick for you. You really are in a pickle here with an exchange or warranty repair not being an option....
    I doubt that either problem can be fixed by a software update - both sound like hardware problems to me.
    I did read about some people getting a firmware update for the dock a while back, so maybe google that and see if you can get your hands on it. I do not own the dock - still waiting for Asus to release something I can trust to work...

You cannot flash firmware for a different SKU unless you are unlocked and have a custom recovery. The stock recovery will do a signature check and refuse to install anything but US firmware.
    With a custom recovery you would have more options, but without a working Volume Down button that is a little tricky....
    Try this:
    Download and install on your PC the Minimal ADB Fastboot tool from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790
    Make sure you have the latest Asus drivers installed or find and install the Google Universal Naked Drivers
    Once that is done, follow the instructions in the ADB Fastboot tool thread to get ADB working.
    Then issue this command in a command prompt:
    Code:
    adb devices
    If that returns a long string of numbers and letters your ADB connection is working.
    Type
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    If ADB works, this should boot you into the bootloader.
    You may have to be unlocked to do this, but since you cannot take advantage of the warranty anyway - why not?

On the other hand the dock may just have a bad battery. Check ifixit.com for tear-down instructions, maybe you can replace it yourself. On the same website you may also find instructions to take the tablet apart and fix the Volume button yourself.
    Good luck!!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links