Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times

Exchange ActiveSync Manual Config....

Good afternoon,

I have just received an Asus Transformer TF701T and I am chuffed to bits.
    I seem to have an issue with the Exchange Active Sync though when trying to connect to my work's email/calender etc.
    This is the process I am going through.
    - Through Settings > Accounts > Add Account
    - Select Email > Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    - Enter email address and password (see first screen shot attached) - these are correct and verified by logging into https://mail.company.com/owa
    - Error message states username or password incorrect (see screen shot 2 attached)
    - I click on Edit Details so that I cam amend the Domain\Username and server fields so they are correct but when I click on this it takes me back to the email/password screen.
    At no point is there a manual set up button and I cannot see any other way to edit these details.

If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Mark1_Enter_Details.jpg2_Error.jpg

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    8 times
    You might need to check with your corporate IT people.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Pelago. The corporate side of things is OK, I can connect via my Android phone with no issues.
    When I inpuy my email and password as per screen shot 1 on my phone, the next screen then asks me what type of email account I want so I select Exchange and enter the details as required.
    This is what is not happening here. After I input the email and password I get the error, I do not get the option to to select Exchange.
    But I also noticed that on the phone (Sony Experia Z running Android 4.2.2) it does not use Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, hence I was wondering if there was something else I need to do with this or if there is an issue with it.

Thanks again

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    The error box is over the server adres of your exchange account. Your company's IT people should be able to provide the correct server URL, but usualy it is something like webmail.company.com. Or mail.company.com (without the "/owa") In you're case the "webmail." or "mail." is missing.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Ruschel,
    Thanks for that.
    I know all the settings I need, my issue is that I cannot configure the email on the Transformer with these settings - I do not get any options to manually configure them. All I get is the email/password option and when I click edit details it takes me back to the email/password screen.... how do I get to the details to amend the username and server details??

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggy12 View Post
    Hi Ruschel,
    Thanks for that.
    I know all the settings I need, my issue is that I cannot configure the email on the Transformer with these settings - I do not get any options to manually configure them. All I get is the email/password option and when I click edit details it takes me back to the email/password screen.... how do I get to the details to amend the username and server details??
    Normaly after entering email adres and password and pressing next, you get to the screen where you can edit details (its the screen with the error message in your first post) Do you not get that screen, but an error message? Or are the details not sufficient for your configuration?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    The screen appears with the error message on top (as per screen shot 2), but when I click Edit Details it goes back to the previous screen (username/password) and just loops like this. I cannot get to the Edit Details screen to change the details.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    It should not check username and password untill you press next in the detail screen (after you have editted the details)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    What seems to be happening is that once I have completed the email and password it is automatically completing the username with my email name and the server name with the domain from the email and parsing that information which is obviously incorrect and then not allowing me to edit it...... I presume it is not a known issue with ActiveSync then!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Hoggy 12, I can reproduce your problem, although I do not understand it. If I enter as an email adres an old email adres of a previous employer I get the exact same response. If I enter my personal email adres on my own server I go to the details page (on my own server I do not have exchange running) . Apparently there is some kind of check on user name password between the first and second page! If I enter on my own server an invallid user name and password I still get to the details page. In my opnion it moves the problem back to the server side. Do you have it running on any other android device? Does your IT department support it?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links