Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Docks with 2014 manufacturing dates still have problems?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    15 times
    So nothing changed here regarding the dock.
    I have now a Dell Venue 11 Pro 64bits Baytrail with dock and buildquality is more then excellent and battery lasts 14hrs+.
    Next to that the battery in the tablet is interchangable!!
    Asus neglected their transformer idea and now others are doing it much better.
    For Android I bought a Nvidia Shield 32Gb with Lte and MicroSd and that beast is soo fast and with a handy cover and it's handy 8" format easy to carry around and battery last (websurfing, video but no gaming) around 10 hrs.
    1 x Nvidia Shield 32Gb + Lte + MicroSd
    1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
    1 x NEXUS 7 2013
    Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    12 times
    Just picked up another dock (entering the amazon RMA cycle) ... and this one so far appears to not disconnect so far ....

+-ADT

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tegelad View Post
    Just picked up another dock (entering the amazon RMA cycle) ... and this one so far appears to not disconnect so far ....

+-ADT
    Hi Tegelad, how much did you pick it up for? Whats the mfg date?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    12 times
    $119 via amazon via galactus .... 2014/04. This one seems to be the most solid of the three that I have gotten.

+-ADT

Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    Hi Tegelad, how much did you pick it up for? Whats the mfg date?

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tegelad View Post
    $119 via amazon via galactus .... 2014/04. This one seems to be the most solid of the three that I have gotten.

+-ADT
    I guess you lucked out mine is 04/2014 and it seems flimsier than the one from 2013 (wobble and disconnects). Anyway the seller did knock off $20 so I did get it for under $100. I am guessing they quit manufacturing them 04/2014 (I don't recall anyone posting with a newer mfg date)? It may be perceived as crazy but I liked the combo enough to pick up a another 701 bundle (comes with keyboard) at Amazon since it was under $300. I should get this on friday and I'll double check to see if the date is any newer. I hope it doesn't come with 4.4 (I'd rather have 4.3). I'll update on here when I get it.
    pierro78 likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    12 times
    Agree with you ... I picked up a replacement tablet for $200 on a special sale a while back and figured that I had all the peripherals so why not have a backup tablet to my samsung note pro 12. Plus, when out at my barn, I would rather risk this tablet then the Samsung ... also the battery life is soo much better.

As a reference I am on my 3rd dock ... so they haven't resolved their QA issues with this dock.

+-ADT

Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    I guess you lucked out mine is 04/2014 and it seems flimsier than the one from 2013 (wobble and disconnects). Anyway the seller did knock off $20 so I did get it for under $100. I am guessing they quit manufacturing them 04/2014 (I don't recall anyone posting with a newer mfg date)? It may be perceived as crazy but I liked the combo enough to pick up a another 701 bundle (comes with keyboard) at Amazon since it was under $300. I should get this on friday and I'll double check to see if the date is any newer. I hope it doesn't come with 4.4 (I'd rather have 4.3). I'll update on here when I get it.
    Last edited by tegelad; 11-19-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    the package came , new bundle mfg date of 03/2014. its charging up now. gonna root and get clean master and CPU under clock. gonna see if I can get a claimed 17 hours tonight!!!
    A side note, they shipped me the wrong t100 case, anyone use it on their 701?

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    thus far below average quality...brand new wobbles very far but no disconnects (YET it's still 2 days out of the packaging). A small ammount of light bleed and some perplexing "flexing" for lack of a better descriptor on the top edge where the glass meets the metal/plastic shell. I already have so much time in this Im probably gonna keep it. I will update on here regarding luck with battery life (going through a torture test now), t100 poetic case (a mistake but I might keep it as it fits ok anyway except the power button and micro sd) and a new battery pack I got which CLAIMS 30000 and a port designed for laptop that delivers 14.5v at up to 3 amps! I did get a green light on the dock when I tested it but I am letting things drain down for an hour or two before testing it.
    P.S. my version of a "battery torture" consists of screen full bright outdoor mode, downloading updates for 15+ apps on battery then streaming some video on Amazon prime. I will soon be able to report back if the battery pack is any good with ASUS (hard to find one that is)...
    for some weird reason even though the pack delivers 14.5 volts it shows charging under usb...the battery on that tablets been holding strong at 93% while heavily using wifi, instant video streaming and the highest possible screen brightness settings.
    Last edited by davioh; 11-22-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    12 times
    I watched via HDML cable with full outdoor brightness streaming netflix (watched most of the last season of Californication), 4hr 45 min draining the dock and leaving the main tablet battery at 45%. Now the fun part was charging it back up with the tablet turned on with screen off and wifi on .... 3hr 30 min ....

To charge the Samsung Note Pro 12 from 45% with screen off would take about 5 hours .....

Update: I drained the dock and the table to 0% and shutdown, and the tablet + dock took 4.5 hours to fully charge with the screen off .... pretty amazing ....
    Last edited by tegelad; 12-04-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    My last tf701 dock had a date of 4/2014 and it was truly a POS. Flopped around in the hinge... constant disconnects...just awful...I returned it to Tiger Direct... and just bought another directly through the ASUS store ($99 and free shipping), dated 10/2013 on the box, but also had another date on the wrapper 12/2014 (red sticker)... maybe this one is from an early batch that asus repaired? Anyway it's much better but still had the slop in the hinge (not as bad as the 1st one), but no disconnects... I installed Joep's spacers, and also installed some green felt in the cradle. It now has no slop in the hinge to screen....working okay for 2 days now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links