Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The TF701 Battery Issue/Drain discussion thread. ALL POSTS HERE PLEASE!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    2 times

Angry The TF701 Battery Issue/Drain discussion thread. ALL POSTS HERE PLEASE!

I did read some threads about battery issues, but they weren't the same as mine.

I just got all the bugs worked out on my 701T. Then....it fell off back of couch. The screen cracked and rendered it inoperable. I sent it to warranty company and they replaced it.

I received new tablet today. It powered up nicely....about 50% power.

I plugged in power cord and nodda. In my case, there isn't even an indication on tablet that the tablet is charging (and it's not...down to about 30% now).

I updated the firmware, rebooted tablet, and still nothing.

How could this major issue (big enough where the tablet is rendered unusable) still be a problem out of the box? Clearly in June 2014, they have gone through the initial release of the problem tablets that won't even charge on delivery.

Here we go again.....send back again (deju vu) and hope the replacement ones charges.

I wonder if Nexus and Ipad products have the same odds of working. It sure seems like a lot of money to spend crossing your fingers just hoping that the one you received will be a "good" one.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    2 times
    Guess it is the same ol' problem.

Charging indicator did come on....but no charge. I guess this one is DOA.

Hope the replacement one works. Quality control must not be too good.

:/

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got mine yesterday and had the same problem. I then plugged my cable into my friends tf700 usb charger and it worked. I plugged mine in again...still nothing. Then I used my samsung phone's AC plug and that also worked. I plugged my original Asus in one more time and voila...works fine now. I have no idea how or why but I'm smiling. Also no dock problems....yet.

EDIT - However...when I plug in to the dock, the drock drains incredibly fast, but the tablet doesn't seem to pickup the charge
    Last edited by mightbeme; 11-21-2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: new info

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kymbakitty View Post
    I did read some threads about battery issues, but they weren't the same as mine.

I just got all the bugs worked out on my 701T. Then....it fell off back of couch. The screen cracked and rendered it inoperable. I sent it to warranty company and they replaced it.

I received new tablet today. It powered up nicely....about 50% power.

I plugged in power cord and nodda. In my case, there isn't even an indication on tablet that the tablet is charging (and it's not...down to about 30% now).

I updated the firmware, rebooted tablet, and still nothing.

How could this major issue (big enough where the tablet is rendered unusable) still be a problem out of the box? Clearly in June 2014, they have gone through the initial release of the problem tablets that won't even charge on delivery.

Here we go again.....send back again (deju vu) and hope the replacement ones charges.

I wonder if Nexus and Ipad products have the same odds of working. It sure seems like a lot of money to spend crossing your fingers just hoping that the one you received will be a "good" one.

just wondered how you back up or if you lost all data? which warranty gives a replacement I might look into it..

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    12 times
    Just as a reminder ... anytime you do a system update on any android platform, you should backup your data and do a full hard reset. I know it sounds silly/stupid; however, since 2.0 I have never had an update successfully stay in place. E.g. I had an OTA go in an Samsung GS IV 4.4.2.x soft update due to the isis (err... softcard name change) ... what happened after that .... battery burn and no gps maps anymore. With this tablet, it has the propensity to get it's power management drivers screwed up, so huge battery burn.

The root cause I think is due to android lack of real/true virtual memory and the heavy suspend and killing operations that it does. So what ends up happening is that the applications, cache, and system apps don't go in perfectly or are highly fragmented after the update. This means that the system has to reap the application more often and is less efficient then after a fresh installation when everything is in a perfect state ...

I groan everytime a system update comes out now, since SD card blocking writes makes me have to re-cache over 65GB of cached google play music on a home T-1 ... which is beyond painful ...

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    65 GB ? do you have 128gb micro SD cards? how long does it take to reinstall it all back onto SD card?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Could anyone give me an idea on how long tit should take to drain the dock battery. Mine drains in about an hour and a quarter. I figure that it only adds about 2 hours, maybe a touch more

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    12 times
    Yes. I used to get away with the 64GB cards with poweramp and reencoding my lossless to 256 eACC+ instead of google's 320bit mp3. As for the installation, a T-1 maxes out a single stream at 1.5MBps so I can realistically get 700MB/sec if the stream is uninterrupted. The pain to recache the google play music is beyond words. I have tried cloning the cache and a variety of other things, but I have had no luck. I will have to recontact google for an enhancement (again) to request the ability to sideload music via usb .... it took me about two weeks or so ...

Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    65 GB ? do you have 128gb micro SD cards? how long does it take to reinstall it all back onto SD card?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    12 times
    Battery drain is really relative to the activities on the tablet+dock and the screen brightness. E.g. if I am only using the tablet with auto brightness, doing ssh sessions, surfing the web and streaming pandora. I burn 1% of the tablet battery ~95mAh every 6 minutes. This would mean the 4170 mAh battery would last about 4 hours. If I use the tablet with full brightness and outdoor mode, plus streaming netflix non-stop 1.5-2 hours max (burn rate is 2200-2400mAh).

Quote Originally Posted by mightbeme View Post
    Could anyone give me an idea on how long tit should take to drain the dock battery. Mine drains in about an hour and a quarter. I figure that it only adds about 2 hours, maybe a touch more

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tegelad View Post
    Battery drain is really relative to the activities on the tablet+dock and the screen brightness. E.g. if I am only using the tablet with auto brightness, doing ssh sessions, surfing the web and streaming pandora. I burn 1% of the tablet battery ~95mAh every 6 minutes. This would mean the 4170 mAh battery would last about 4 hours. If I use the tablet with full brightness and outdoor mode, plus streaming netflix non-stop 1.5-2 hours max (burn rate is 2200-2400mAh).
    One other datapoint is that in wifi on with no internet .... and 1.5 hours of general web surfing at hotspot at the Centurion Lounge and at a Marriott, the dock was exhausted plus 36% battery left after 14.5 hours ....

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links