Thread: Problems with the Dock?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    2 times

Problems with the Dock?

I received my dock last week and found that while the tablet recognized the dock it would not charge, I believe there has been a similar post with a similar problem.
    My question however relates to what appears to be Amazon removing the item (I was going to reorder).
    Anyone know if there is a problem with the first distributions of the dock? should we wait for v2?

Thanks
    4Nails

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    15 times
    There is a build quality thread for these kind of problems, maybe it is already discussed there so maybe take a look there.
    1 x Nvidia Shield 32Gb + Lte + MicroSd
    1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
    1 x NEXUS 7 2013
    Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    It is discussed there, and it seems to be a shockingly widespread problem. Unfortunately it seems to be not only the dock, but the port!
    Try connecting your tablet to your computer and gently wiggle the connector in the tablet's port. Lots of users report loosing the connection with the slightest touch.
    I see a major recall coming......

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    It is discussed there, and it seems to be a shockingly widespread problem. Unfortunately it seems to be not only the dock, but the port!
    Try connecting your tablet to your computer and gently wiggle the connector in the tablet's port. Lots of users report loosing the connection with the slightest touch.
    I see a major recall coming......

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    how many have a good tablet AND dock together?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my tablet yesterday from Germany and it immediately updated to FW .45 and it also updated the dock software.There are no build issues that i have noticed yet neither on the tablet or the dock.The hinge on the dock is somewhat wiggly but it has not lost the connection once.I have to admit that i have not played with the tablet form more than a few hours so the connection problems might still arise.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    how many have a good tablet AND dock together?
    The ones that do are hard to find on the forums..... They usually don't bother to show up

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skogstep View Post
    I got my tablet yesterday from Germany and it immediately updated to FW .45 and it also updated the dock software.There are no build issues that i have noticed yet neither on the tablet or the dock.The hinge on the dock is somewhat wiggly but it has not lost the connection once.I have to admit that i have not played with the tablet form more than a few hours so the connection problems might still arise.
    When it shows up it will after a few days using it connected to the dock.
    1 x Nvidia Shield 32Gb + Lte + MicroSd
    1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
    1 x NEXUS 7 2013
    Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi all,

Received my replacement today and I have good news and bad news. Firstly, don't seem to have any connection issues with the dock anymore which means the tablet portion was to blame for the connection problems. That's the kind of good news.

The bad news is that the new tablet portion is clearly dented where the dock or usb cord jacks into the tablet. So I'm done. I'm returning both tablets and the dock for a full refund. I won't purchase another ASUS product again, it's apparent that their quality control is AWFUL and their customer service was equally poor.

I have a macbook that had been my previous computer. I had lost interest in Apple because I think their products are remarkably overpriced. However, at this point, at least they have good quality control and customer service.

If anyone else has suggestions for a good combination notebook/tablet please let me know.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Had the same problem, it occurred after about 10 days usage. Moving the tablet in the dock forward or backward disconnected sdcard, dock battery and mouse. I sent it back and reveived a replacement from Amazon Germany today (writing this post with it). Everything seems fine, the dock works better than before, it snaps in and the lock does not manually have to be moved to the right. I noted serial etc. of the old tablet, it was from 9/13, now i have one from 10/13 and the serial is starting with DAOK... After testing two hours I did not find any problems, the display flickering in auto mode seems less, but maybe I need some more light. Will post here if new problems occur in the next days.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    Here's the million dollar question..... is it the Dock, the Tab or both that is the issue? I'm hoping the Dock but who knows

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links