Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    2 times

Screen bonding issue

Hi all,

Received my tf701 today. I've had no problem with random restarts. The tablet seems to work fine.

One thing I am a bit bothered by is that there seems to be an issue with the way the screen is bonded to the body. The upper portion of the left side the screen flexes a ever so slightly and makes a very faint click when I press on it. This occurs within about an inch of space between the corner and the micro sd slot. There's no visible gap and it doesn't affect the functioning of the device. Seems like it may not have bonded completely in that area or maybe there's just some empty space behind there?

This is my first tablet. Has anyone had this problem before? Is it common with other models of transformer?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    57 times
    Quality control WAS A MAJOR problem in the TF701T's predecessor. So far, It hasn't been the case, so much, this year. What your describing I have as well. It's ever so slight, it doesn't bother me. I had to return the TF700T 4 times last year due to light bleed and horrific bonding issues. This year it's ever so slight, that I'm not willing to risk a return, to get back even worse. Again, it's so minimal, I can live with it. It may be due to where they seated the volume buttons this year.

Sent from my New Asus Transformer Pad TF701T using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by xRevilatioNx; 11-08-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    ~THE TRANSFORMER INFINITY -- THE NEXT TRANSFORMATION~

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    2 times
    xRevilatioNx, I was actually thinking the same thing about the volume rocker. The space between that and the micro sd slot doesn't seem like a good place to try an squeeze in some internal component. Maybe the just left it open behind there.

Can anybody else relate to this issue? Maybe it was purposefully designed this way to allow some stress to be dissipated somewhere?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    1 times
    When i received my 1st unit the screen was liften off by almost 2mm on the right and left side about 2 inches wide. I had to pop it back in. When I bend it enough on the sd card side I can see the screen separating from the alum body but my 2nd replace does not and arrived in good condition

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    2 times
    Aznmode, you can't notice this problem by looking at it. If you press on the very edge of the glass between the volume rocker and the ad card slot does it give at all? More noticeably than around the rest of the edge?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaski View Post
    Aznmode, you can't notice this problem by looking at it. If you press on the very edge of the glass between the volume rocker and the ad card slot does it give at all? More noticeably than around the rest of the edge?
    Let me know if you want me to test differently
    [Youtube]vJFnEqgPqn4[/YouTube]

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aznmode; 11-08-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks aznmode! I owe you a beer! That's all I needed to know, replacement on the way from Amazon.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    5 times
    I recieved my Tf701t yesterday from amazon and I found that exact issue last night playing around with it. Should I ask amazon for a replacement? (this is my first major purchase from amazon so Im hazy on the whole process)

Been lurking the forum for week before the release! Love everyones attitude an helpful hints.
    Thanks everyone!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CptPicard View Post
    I recieved my Tf701t yesterday from amazon and I found that exact issue last night playing around with it. Should I ask amazon for a replacement? (this is my first major purchase from amazon so Im hazy on the whole process)

Been lurking the forum for week before the release! Love everyones attitude an helpful hints.
    Thanks everyone!
    I would just in case it gets worse. And you'll have a hard time claiming it under warranty later. My 2nd replacement us built perfect.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    I would just in case it gets worse. And you'll have a hard time claiming it under warranty later. My 2nd replacement us built perfect.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    AZN - I thought you sent yours back because your not happy with the screen transitions -_-

Sent from my New Asus Transformer Pad TF701T using Tapatalk HD
    ~THE TRANSFORMER INFINITY -- THE NEXT TRANSFORMATION~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links