Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    57 times

New ASUS Transformer Pad TF701 Firmware: V10.14.1.47

I'm currently operating under this firmware version: V10.14.1.44

The newer version is available here for manual download and installation ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - The New ASUS Transfomer Pad

It's not coming over the device as an automatic update. Has anyone else received it?

Update: Let's thank our wonderful mod, Janner43, for the amazing tip on how to refresh our automatic updates below!

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xRevilatioNx; 11-10-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    ~THE TRANSFORMER INFINITY -- THE NEXT TRANSFORMATION~

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xRevilatioNx View Post
    I'm currently operating under this firmware version: V10.14.1.44

The newer version is available here for manual download and installation ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - The New ASUS Transfomer Pad

It's not coming over the device as an automatic update. Has anyone else received it? How does one go about manually updating it?

Really? Did you even bother to read the posts that have been made in the last week? It's right there ""Manual" upgrade procedure". Further, the procedure is exactly the same as with your old TF700. Sorry if I seem a bit agitated, but you have been asking questions which have been answered already or are quite obvious. Please, read the forum and posts a bit better and ask clear, direct questions.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    57 times
    That tone won't make you many friends on here, no matter how informative you may be (or not be) for others. Use discretion, walk away from the keyboard and breathe. Then try to be helpful, like I've been to many here, the mods, and other people well before you, since this sites inception. Thank you!

Now to answer your question. I actually did the procedure a year ago but couldn't recall the guide that had the info, to help refresh my memory, this time around. ( Although, I did find the link for the download, in another post buried on the bottom of the posts . Your link wasn't very helpful. It sends you to an error page.

Lastly, since you've been such joy to work with, and so helpful on so many levels, have you've noticed any changes with the latest update? Before I go out of my way to update the firmware, if it's just minor bug fixes, I'll just wait until Asus sends the automatic download.

Last edited by xRevilatioNx; 11-03-2013 at 05:33 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    I also haven't recieved it through autoupdate, so perhaps this is normal. Manual procedure unfortunately doesn't work for me.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    The New ASUS Transformer Pad Firmware: V10.14.1.47

It's not coming over the device as an automatic update. Has anyone else received it? How does one go about manually updating it?
    I have added the "TF701" model number to the thread title - we try to follow that convention here as with all the various models of tablets (let alone OS choices ) there are now available from Asus - it makes things a lot easier to follow.

As far as the Manual Update process is concerned, then yes, the process is identical to that used on the tf101, tf201, tf300 & tf700. There are two guide threads linked from the Master Help Guide which would take you through the process depending on the circumstances you find yourself in. A simple one for when your device is working & a more detailed thread for when you need to do it from recovery.

In the "simple" thread, you'll find a tip which might well also be applicable to the TF701 if it is not picking up an update OTA & that is to go to settings, apps, all - find CMclient & DMclient & for both apps, clear cache, clear data & force close. Then cold boot your tablet & "check for updates". That quite often works well & prevents the need for a manual update.

You'll find another helpful guide thread linked from the Master Help Guide (linked from my signature, but you'll need to view this thread from a browser (not Tapatalk) to see the link) - [GUIDE] How to update your firmware OTA - incremental changes & full OS updates.

We get many posts asking what is the best way to handle the OTA (over the air) firmware updates that are distributed or "pushed" by Asus to their Transformer and MeMo tablets. That thread seeks to give you the recommendations from many of the experienced Moderators here as to the best way to handle updates.

All the best
    Joneszy and xRevilatioNx like this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    57 times
    Janner43, yet again, you're a godsend! The CM and DM client did the trick! I now do recall, the summer before last, you guys implementing this tip for all of us, as well. Lastly, thank you for the opening post revision! Now folks can find this thread properly, for the latest firmware that is available, along with that great tip, on how to get the automatic update to refresh. Kudos!

janner43 likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    57 times
    ..... edited....

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Janner43, yet again, you're a godsend! The CM and DM client did the trick! I now do recall, the summer before last, you guys implementing this tip for all of us, as well. Lastly, thank you for the opening post revision! Now folks can find this thread properly, for the latest firmware that is available, along with that great tip, on how to get the automatic update to refresh. Kudos!
    Glad to have helped...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    what does this fix?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    the CM , DM trick + putting the file on the internal memory did the trick ! woohoo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links