Thread: HELP TF701T stuck on boot logo

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times

HELP TF701T stuck on boot logo

Hi. I have a Asus TF701T. It is not Unlocked/hacked etc. Its about a month old. Over the weekend there was some auto update. When the tablet rebooted it was stuck on the boot/startup screen with the rotating circle.

I have trawled though the forums here and found a case with the same symptoms but there is no solution posted.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...-boot-t2824737

Here's what I have observed for my case. I boot up with "Power + Vol down" and the fastboot screen appears ...
    " Android macallan-user bootloader <1.00.e> released by “ww_epad-10.14.1.147-20131022” "

I am then faced with 3 options … RCK, Android, Wipe Data
    With no MicroSD inserted I tried the above options in this sequence.
    1.) Select “Wipe Data” – Screen moves on to android robot on his back with red exclamation mark. He falls on his back after about 2 seconds.
    2.) Select “Android” – Goes back to boot screen and rotating circle. Nothing further.
    3.) Select “RCK” – Screen moves on to android robot on his back with red exclamation mark. He falls on his back after about 2 seconds.

OK ... then I needed to get firmware on the microSD (formatted FAT32, 32gig).... I then went to ….
    http://www.asus.com/uk/Tablets/The_N...Desk_Download/
    and downloaded the “WW_10_26_1_18_SDupdate” … and followed the instructions.
    So, after placing the “T4_SDUPDATE” in the root of the microSD and inserting it into the TF701T. Rebooted with “Power+Vol down” … got back to the boot loader screen with the above mentioned 3 options. Did the following.
    1.) Select “Wipe Data” – Screen goes to Green android with updating blue bar … the bar shows progress for about 3 minutes. Then on his back with red exclamation mark.
    2.) Select “Android” – Goes back to boot screen and rotating circle. Nothing further.
    3.) Select “RCK” – Screen goes to Green android with updating blue bar … the bar shows progress for about 3 minutes. Then on his back with red exclamation mark.

I have tried the same approach with other versions of the firmware:
    UL-K00C-WW-10.14.1.47-user.ZIP
    UL-K00C-WW-10.26.1.7-user.ZIP
    UL-K00C-WW-10.26.1.18-user.ZIP
    UL-K00C-WW-11.4.1.17-user.ZIP

None of these worked. In fact, after copying these individual files to the root of the empty microSD, I found that when I select RCK or WipeDate, then the android falls over within 2 seconds (NOT minutes).
    Interestingly, if I rename the zip files to “T4_SDUPDATE” then there seems to be progress but the android falls over after about 2-3 minutes. This suggests that the bootloader is expecting a firmware zip file with that name.

I am at a loss. I don’t know what else to do. Any help will be much appreciated.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Great job on analyzing the problem and very good post too!

I hope you are still on warranty because this is probably a problem only Asus can fix.

RCK is the recovery and it recognizes the T4_SDUPDATE file and starts to flash it, but then encounters a problem. Since the stock recovery does not provide any logs we can only guess at what problem that may be. Most likely the /data partition is corrupted so that the system does not recognize the file system and cannot write to it - but that is just a guess.
    Although it is supported by the fact that the Wipe Data option also seems to start the process (this command causes the bootloader to call the recovery to perform the wipe operation on /data) and then aborts due to that unknown error.
    Since this was caused by an OTA update it should be covered under warranty, so contact Asus and file a RMA.

I don't know if this would work on a locked bootloader, but if you're out of warranty and wanna give it a shot you could try to erase the /data partition in fastboot.
    Again: I have never tried this on a locked bootloader and I know you cannot flash anything to the tablet in fastboot with a locked bootloader, but you may be able to erase partitions - maybe....

If you want to try that let me know and I can help you with the procedure.
    Last edited by droidbound; 09-21-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there. I have precisely the same problem with mine and have done exactly the same. The problem is that I don't know how to do the fastboot. Can you please help me out as I am losing all hope.
    Thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello droidhound,

Both of my TF701Ts were unlocked shortly after I purchased them in December 2013. Never had any problem as a result.

Problem I'm having with one of them is when I attempted an OS upgrade...I feel the problem may have been caused by me not rebooting first after a bunch of updates were done to a bunch of apps.

I ran the OS upgrade, and upon the first reboot... dead Android and bootloop forever.

I can get to where I can select RCK, Android and Wipe Data, however, none of those options works. I CANNOT yet reach the filesystem on it if I attach with USB to my computer, at least not through Windows.

I tried the microSD option with an 8GB microSD card (no one said what size to use)...although the downloaded file is not a ZIP file within a ZIP file...you open the ZIP file and there's all the files and folders used for the upgrade...no ZIP file there to extract.

I have no warranty or data loss considerations, so would like to erase the /data partition being it's unlocked, if I can find a way to get into the filesystem.

I want to try the 'nuclear option' on this before paying Asus $200 to get this repaired (that's what they want to charge me for this, which is ridiculous because I'm convinced the hardware is good...no issues ever prior to my botched OS upgrade attempt about 8 months ago).

Thanks,

Steve
    Last edited by ssybesma; 09-07-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    @ssybesma,

With an unlocked bootloader you should not have any serious problems, you just need to put in a few hours and maybe some elbow grease. First read this:

Beginners Guide to flashing a custom ROM on TF700T

@Droidbound wrote it for the 700 but most of it applies. That should get you fastboot access to the tablet; if not, see the live Linux CD in my signature. He doesn't specifically say above but I'm sure this is what he was talking about:

My solution - Post #12 - XDA Forums

However, it's not what I would try first. I would fastboot flash TWRP:

[RECOVERY] KANG TWRP TF701T 2.8.7.0@AREA51 [&hellip; | Asus Transformer TF701 | XDA Forums

But pay attention to the bootloader version. If you don't have it, find a CWM for the 701, flash that, then use the flashable bootloader/TWRP combination.

Once into TWRP recovery, do a full format of /data. This may take a while but don't interrupt it. It takes 6-7 minutes on my 701, YMMV. The 701 seems very sensitive to filesystem corruption, especially on /data, so don't slack on this step.

Once you're this far, I recommend flashing Zombi-Pop ROM; I cannot imagine anyone wanting the stock ROM after trying this one:

[ROM]★[TF701 LP 5.1.1][ZOMBi-POP OMNI &hellip; | Asus Transformer TF701 | XDA Forums

But while you're at it you might want to look into others. At this point the stock firmware is more difficult to install than the custom ROMs, and the custom jobs are MUCH better all around. Why buy a 25-year-old Chevy when a new Rolls is the same price?

Lots of luck, and keep us posted. Don't hesitate to holler for help if needed; preferably before making things worse. And as always, read twice then flash once.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gooofy123 View Post
    Hi. I have a Asus TF701T. It is not Unlocked/hacked etc. Its about a month old. Over the weekend there was some auto update. When the tablet rebooted it was stuck on the boot/startup screen with the rotating circle.

I have trawled though the forums here and found a case with the same symptoms but there is no solution posted.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...-boot-t2824737

Here's what I have observed for my case. I boot up with "Power + Vol down" and the fastboot screen appears ...
    " Android macallan-user bootloader <1.00.e> released by “ww_epad-10.14.1.147-20131022” "

I am then faced with 3 options … RCK, Android, Wipe Data
    With no MicroSD inserted I tried the above options in this sequence.
    1.) Select “Wipe Data” – Screen moves on to android robot on his back with red exclamation mark. He falls on his back after about 2 seconds.
    3.) Select “RCK” – Screen moves on to android robot on his back with red exclamation mark. He falls on his back after about 2 seconds.

OK ... then I needed to get firmware on the microSD (formatted FAT32, 32gig).... I then went to ….
    ASUS UK
    and downloaded the “WW_10_26_1_18_SDupdate” … and followed the instructions.
    So, after placing the “T4_SDUPDATE” in the root of the microSD and inserting it into the TF701T. Rebooted with “Power+Vol down” … got back to the boot loader screen with the above mentioned 3 options. Did the following.
    1.) Select “Wipe Data” – Screen goes to Green android with updating blue bar … the bar shows progress for about 3 minutes. Then on his back with red exclamation mark.
    3.) Select “RCK” – Screen goes to Green android with updating blue bar … the bar shows progress for about 3 minutes. Then on his back with red exclamation mark.

I have tried the same approach with other versions of the firmware:
    UL-K00C-WW-10.14.1.47-user.ZIP
    UL-K00C-WW-10.26.1.7-user.ZIP
    UL-K00C-WW-10.26.1.18-user.ZIP
    UL-K00C-WW-11.4.1.17-user.ZIP

None of these worked. In fact, after copying these individual files to the root of the empty microSD, I found that when I select RCK or WipeDate, then the android falls over within 2 seconds (NOT minutes).
    Interestingly, if I rename the zip files to “T4_SDUPDATE” then there seems to be progress but the android falls over after about 2-3 minutes. This suggests that the bootloader is expecting a firmware zip file with that name.

I am at a loss. I don’t know what else to do. Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi, we're sorry to hear about this issue you are experiencing with your TF701T. I have done some checks and I am seeing where the FOTA update you received may have been corrupted and we would love to have this looked into. Where are you located? I would suggest sending your tablet in for an assessment to be done and servicing where necessary. Please send an email to socialsupportus@asus.com for further assistance.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. You may reference this case number (N150922411) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: Support Center | ASUS USA
    Rednroll likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    I'm having exactly same issue than gooofy123 with my TF701-T : stucked on boot logo, recovery data wipe comes to the android robot with red exclamation mark, and firmware upgrade also after a few minutes.
    Did anyone find out how to fix this issue ?
    Notes :
    - bootloader is locked
    - tablet went to frozen black screen when I was watching a video, and tablet stayed stucked on boot logo after reboot.
    Thanks for you answer.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    @Fabisoft, can you get to the bootloader screen with the three icons using the hardware buttons? If so, as long as you have a locked bootloader you are safe to use the Wipe icon on that page (if you don't know how, look here:
    Beginners Guide to flashing a custom ROM on TF700T )

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinthefixer View Post
    @Fabisoft, can you get to the bootloader screen with the three icons using the hardware buttons? If so, as long as you have a locked bootloader you are safe to use the Wipe icon on that page (if you don't know how, look here:
    Beginners Guide to flashing a custom ROM on TF700T )
    Hi Kevin,
    Thank you for your answer.
    Yes, bootloader is locked, and I get to the three icons by pressing volume key at boot. But as said previously, if choosing "wipe data" icon, I get an error (Android logo with red exclamation mark).
    If I choose RCK with official T4_SDUPDATE.zip at sdcard root folder, tablet is flashing during a few minutes, then I get same error (Android logo with red exclamation mark).
    I just hope eMMC is not dead.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    OK, well let's give this a try, if you have access to a PC. Set up Fastboot (same link as above), and get the tablet into bootloader mode again, just leave it there, don't select an icon. Make sure you get a return from "fastboot devices", then enter "fastboot erase userdata", then "fastboot reboot". Hopefully you won't get any errors, but if you do make note of them, preferably copy/paste from the PC. If you went to church this morning maybe the tablet will work now. As always, make sure the battery is charged beforehand.

Edit: hold the fort! You said you had "official T4_SDUPDATE.zip"? Where did that come from? For a US SKU the file should be named UL-K00C-US-11.4.1.29-user.zip. Get it here:
    http://www.asus.com/us/Tablets/The_N...Desk_Download/
    Last edited by Kevinthefixer; 12-11-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links