Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times

ROOTING OPTIONS? cases?

OK,
    Gonna TRY to make a long story short... I've had and still have a tf201 for a few years. I dropped. It. It still works buts is beat up. I WAS gonna buy a 701 but couldn't get over the high pricing and bugs. FAST FORWARD TO NOW. Nothing new from asus except 103, 303 ( concerns with Intel compatibility etc), transformer V (ITS TOO MUCH DONT NEED FIVE DIFFERENT THINGS).
    I got what appears to be gently used tf701 + dock on the way for only around $250! A price small enough for me not to pass up(tablet from Amazon warehouse deal, dock from 3rd party seller on amazon). The dock will be here on Saturday.
    IF I like it enough I might keep it and root it and get a case. The main thing I'd want to try
    Rooting it for is xposed framework.
    What are my options and suggestions regarding cases and rooting?
    thanks in advance!!!

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    First glitch noted...perhaps that's why they returned it? The new charger won't charge it, the old tf 201 charger does seem to charge it... Am leaving it on for another hour or two.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    For cases you should check out the Accessories sub-forum and for rooting questions, there are few threads in the Development forum here.

Right now you have two options:
    To root without unlocking the bootloader try the Towelroot app which has been reported to work on the TF701 (but possibly only version 1).
    Rooting the TF701 without unlocking the bootloader

If Towelroot does not work at all your only option would be to unlock the tablet (which will void your warranty and totally wipe your data), install a custom recovery and then flash SuperSU in recovery.
    TF701 - Unlock and Root from 4.3

Also, when you get the dock, check the manufacturing date! It's only on the back of the box and check the tablet/dock connection right away. The docks from 2013 had a major defect, a wobbly, loose hinge that constantly broke the connection between dock and tablet if you moved the screen.

I would be VERY insterested to find out when your dock was manufactured and if it works pefectly!
    Please, please let us know.
    I have two docks and one of them is currently on warranty repair - can't wait to see if they fix it or just send me another (and hopefully better) one.

Oh, and did they send you an aftermarket charger???? The charger has to put out 15V. If it's not the original one I would take that up with Amazon. The OEM chargers are not cheap!
    Last edited by droidbound; 07-03-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    pipopipz likes this.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Also, when you get the dock, check the manufacturing date! It's only on the back of the box and check the tablet/dock connection right away. The docks from 2013 had a major defect, a wobbly, loose hinge that constantly broke the connection between dock and tablet if you moved the screen.

I would be VERY insterested to find out when your dock was manufactured and if it works pefectly!
    Please, please let us know.
    I have two docks and one of them is currently on warranty repair - can't wait to see if they fix it or just send me another (and hopefully better) one.

Oh, and did they send you an aftermarket charger???? The charger has to put out 15V. If it's not the original one I would take that up with Amazon. The OEM chargers are not cheap!
    Thanks droidbound 2 responses to above....
    The charger says asus but is physically much smaller and says it only outputs 5 volts!!!
    No wonder why it took forever to go from 65%to 80%...looks to me AMAZON CHUCKED A WRONG CHARGER...ILL TAKE IT UP WITH THEM. With the screen off it went up 10%(this is using the old tf201 charger)... 80 -TO 90% IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES. I guess that's OK?
    Regarding the dock I got a used one for $100... I'll double check the mf date and let you know soon...thanks for getting back to me I'm hopeful I got a good one for a great price this time around!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links