Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Rooting the TF701 without unlocking the bootloader

  1. #31
    Ironhide
    Member #
    2470
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Tablet
    TF701
    Posts
    1,078
    Liked
    39 times
    Questions about exposed framework and modules. I see an update on Google play for deep sleep battery by antek. Since this is the exposed framework version, is it potentially unsafe to update it via Google play?

  2. #32
    Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,724
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    Questions about exposed framework and modules. I see an update on Google play for deep sleep battery by antek. Since this is the exposed framework version, is it potentially unsafe to update it via Google play?
    I could be wrong, but I think that is the version for non-root users. Update your module in the Xposed installer. If there is an update available it will say so.

  3. #33
    Ironhide
    Member #
    2470
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Tablet
    TF701
    Posts
    1,078
    Liked
    39 times
    Slightly OT,, 2 questions about this software ;
    Collection of XPOSED Modules - Xposed Framework and Modules - RootzWiki
    Is 3 c tuner worth around $10 anyone ever use it?
    I'm trying the free exposed module but seems to leave out a lot vs. The paid one.
    Last edited by davioh; 07-21-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: correct misspellings

  4. #34
    Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,724
    Liked
    711 times
    I have not (and would not) use 3c. But $10 is fairly expensive... If you look through the components there is nothing you cannot find cheaper elsewhere.
    And anyway - you are running a custom rom, right? Do you really think you can find tweaks in there that the dev did not incorporate better and more device specific?

  5. #35
    Ironhide
    Member #
    2470
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Tablet
    TF701
    Posts
    1,078
    Liked
    39 times
    An update on 3c android tuner. I tried the free exposed module (by tried meaning I installed it and looked through its settings- but didn't actually Change anything). I came back 2 days later and the dock was 100% drained+ tablet down from 95% to 15%!!! I uninstalled android tuner and am recharging now. It seems as always software make a huge difference in both boot times and battery life!

  6. #36
    Soundwave
    Member #
    72040
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Tablet
    TF701
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    I have not (and would not) use 3c. But $10 is fairly expensive... If you look through the components there is nothing you cannot find cheaper elsewhere.
    And anyway - you are running a custom rom, right? Do you really think you can find tweaks in there that the dev did not incorporate better and more device specific?
    Sure enough each individual component can be found cheaper on Play Store, but the whole lot will cost you $30+ easy.

  7. #37
    Soundwave
    Member #
    72040
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Tablet
    TF701
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davioh View Post
    An update on 3c android tuner. I tried the free exposed module (by tried meaning I installed it and looked through its settings- but didn't actually Change anything). I came back 2 days later and the dock was 100% drained+ tablet down from 95% to 15%!!! I uninstalled android tuner and am recharging now. It seems as always software make a huge difference in both boot times and battery life!
    I own a TF701, previously had a TF700, a TF100 and a Padfone 2, app have been running on every single device and some benchmarks where actually performed clearly showing app had no adverse effect on battery life. Even more so if you didn't change anything, because everything's disabled by default.

    See here for actual benchmarks:

    0% lost in 12 hours on a TF700: Android Tuner Benchmark on Transformer TF700 | 3C portal
    Same in 14 hours on a TF701: Android Tuner Widgets Benchmark on TF701 | 3C portal

  8. #38
    Soundwave
    Member #
    72040
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Tablet
    TF701
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Sadly, this method does not work on 4.4.2 and my replacement TF701 received today is running KitKat. Couldn't find an alternative method anywhere so far?

    For the story my original TF701 completely broke last week, but after a first RMA because of display issues, second repair under warranty was refused because it was unlocked.

  9. #39
    Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,724
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3c06 View Post
    Sadly, this method does not work on 4.4.2 and my replacement TF701 received today is running KitKat. Couldn't find an alternative method anywhere so far?

    For the story my original TF701 completely broke last week, but after a first RMA because of display issues, second repair under warranty was refused because it was unlocked.
    Read the OP?

  10. #40
    Soundwave
    Member #
    72040
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Tablet
    TF701
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Read the OP?
    Yes, what did I miss? It doesn't point to any alternative methods for rooting a 4.4.2 TF701 without unlocking it, does it? Maybe I should have written "this is sad that this method does not work on 4.4.2".
    Last edited by 3c06; 08-10-2014 at 06:55 AM.

 

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Need help unlocking bootloader for twrp
    By TwStD in forum Asus MeMO Pad Smart (10") Development
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 10:15 PM
  2. Firmware updates, unlocking bootloader & various questions...
    By pcpro in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 04:40 AM
  3. Hard brick after Unlocking Bootloader??
    By Transformist1 in forum Transformer Pad 300 Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 01:49 PM
  4. unlocking and rooting
    By SCREWd2V in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) Development
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 06:09 PM
  5. Downgrading firmware / custom rom / unlocking bootloader on TF201
    By raistlin295 in forum Transformer Prime Development
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 12:49 PM

Search tags for this page

android 4.3 root

,
tf701 bootloader
,
tf701t towelroot
,
tf701t xposed
,
towel root v1
,
towelroot
,
towelroot asus transformer
,

towelroot tf700

,

towelroot tf701t

,

towelroot unlock bootloader

,
towelroot v1 direct download
,

towelroot v1 download

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:42 AM.