Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times

Stylus

Hey everyone!
    I'm writing on my third TF701T, the only one sent to me that actually works with the dock.
    I'm really glad to eventually have it, mostly because I need it to take notes at school, and coming back to paper and pencils for a pair of months felt slow and awkward.
    So, that's the fact: I take notes with the keyboard, but I also need to underline, and with my bare hands it's very dificult. I need a stylus to underline my digital textbooks, so it has to be as precise as possible.

So! Any suggestion? I heard that Applydea Maglus and Bamboo Solo are very precise, and JustMobile Alupen seems good as well. Adonit Jot seems fine, too, but it'll be carried around, so I fear that the fragile tips may be broken in a short time.
    I have a budget of 20/30€.

Thanks
    Last edited by CarloMC; 12-26-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    11 times
    Attachment 6788
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloMC View Post
    Hey everyone!
    I'm writing on my third TF701T, the only one sent to me that actually works with the dock.
    I'm really glad to eventually have it, mostly because I need it to take notes at school, and coming back to paper and pencils for a pair of months felt slow and awkward.
    So, that's the fact: I take notes with the keyboard, but I also need to underline, and with my bare hands it's very dificult. I need a stylus to underline my digital textbooks, so it has to be as precise as possible.

So! Any suggestion? I heard that Applydea Maglus and Bamboo Solo are very precise, and JustMobile Alupen seems good as well. Adonit Jot seems fine, too, but it'll be carried around, so I fear that the fragile tips may be broken in a short time.
    I have a budget of 20/30.

Thanks
    DSC01138.jpgDSC01137.jpg

I bought a amPen Hybrid stylus from Amazon for $8 shipped. Its precise but you need to put some pressure on the stylus. More pressure than you would use with a regular pen and paper. Ive been using the amPen(light usage) for about a month and the tip seems to be holding up.

What ever stylus you choose make sure it has a plug that goes into the head phone jack(see photos). This is important because just like a pen a stylus is easily misplaced. I took a couple of pictures of the amPen, if you have any questions or what me to try something with the stylus I will be happy to help you out.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    A lot of us have had good luck with the Adonit stylus...LINK

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for both your answers!
    @ancient1one: I appreciate your offer, but I wasn't quite looking into a microfiber-tip pen, because I have a few friends who have one and made me try it, and I didn't like the feel of it touching the screen.
    @MikeM: yeah, the Jot was an option I was really considering, but the only thing that made me hesitate were the comments from other sites and forums that said that the tip wasn't durable at all. There are people who had to change it less then a week after buying it!
    It already costs 30€, if I had to buy it with the 3 more tips it would become 38, which is a lot of money for a capacitive pen.

The Bamboo is my other option: less than 20€ and 25 with 3 more tips. It's still quite expensive, but not as much as the Jot Pro plus tips.

If there is anyone who tried them both I would appreciate a comment ;D

And one last thing, a little Off Topic: do the screen protectors of the tf700 fit on the screen of the tf701t? 'Cause I need one and there is only one or two offers for the tf701t on Amazon.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloMC View Post
    Thank you for both your answers!
    @ancient1one: I appreciate your offer, but I wasn't quite looking into a microfiber-tip pen, because I have a few friends who have one and made me try it, and I didn't like the feel of it touching the screen.
    @MikeM: yeah, the Jot was an option I was really considering, but the only thing that made me hesitate were the comments from other sites and forums that said that the tip wasn't durable at all. There are people who had to change it less then a week after buying it!
    It already costs 30, if I had to buy it with the 3 more tips it would become 38, which is a lot of money for a capacitive pen.

The Bamboo is my other option: less than 20 and 25 with 3 more tips. It's still quite expensive, but not as much as the Jot Pro plus tips.

If there is anyone who tried them both I would appreciate a comment ;D

And one last thing, a little Off Topic: do the screen protectors of the tf700 fit on the screen of the tf701t? 'Cause I need one and there is only one or two offers for the tf701t on Amazon.
    I saw a highly rated $15 stylus on Amazon, the TruGlide with a microfiber tip. Almost a 5 star rating from over 200 people. Here is the link: azon.com/TruGlide-Microfiber-Samsung-Smartphone-Executive/dp/B007KAQ7AU

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links