Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    What? Even with Immersive mode engaged you should be able to pull down the notification panels from the top.
    You are saying you can't?
    No idea why not, so my advice would be to reflash rom and gapps (and SuperSU if you want root) wiping only cache and Dalvik.
    Inasmuch as I had performance issues that confounded even you, I decided to perform a clean install and upgrade to Tim's newest version which is #023. I first did a "Wipe to factory reset" in KANG 2.8.7.4, then did the "Format Data", then tried to flash KatKiss-7.1_TF701T_023 from a ScanDisk. After a brief start, it recognized the CHKSUM file wasn't there and bypassed that, but shortly failed with an error "4." I retried several times with no further success. If I reboot after these attempts, it boots into the old version 7.1.1 dated to my last flash in January after going through setup steps as though it were a new install.

Do I need a different recover program? Is my sequencing off on these steps? Is there a problem with using the ScanDisk source instead of the ADB and computer connection? At least I haven't bricked it (yet!)

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    700 times
    Describe step by step how you format data. That certainly did not work if you can still boot the rom

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times

Step by step formatting

Describe step by step how you format data. That certainly did not work if you can still boot the rom

Here are the steps is engaged:
    Do cold boot, access TEAMWIN 2.8.7.4;
    Access WIPE
    Swipe to Factory Reset
    After complete, click REBOOT
    Reguires cold boot w/ vol/on-off switch
    Access FORMAT DATA and type in 'yes'
    That runs its course with the generic file system ..4
    Insert microdisk w/ KatKiss-7.1_TF701T_023
    Select Install; external_sdcard; click Storage; select dock_sdcard (3404MB) and OK; select the KatKis file and run
    (Only this item was selected, but it has the 'open-gapps-are....zip' and 'UPDATE-SuperSU...zip' on this disk as well)

When engaged it shows this message after a brief runtime:

Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
    Updater process ended with signal: 4
    Error installing zip file '/dock_sdcard/KatKiss7.1_TF701_023.zip'
    Updating partition details...
    ...done

Perhaps I have a corrupted download. How does the MD5 checksum engage or how is it to be acquired in this process, since it's not a ZIP file here

Thanks again for your assistance

Don

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    700 times
    How long did format data take?
    You are selecting to flash from the dock SD slot. Try the microSD slot in the tablet

Edit:
    The md5 can sometimes be downloaded as a text file along with the rom zip, can't remember if Tom provides it. But you can generate one yourself. Place it alongside the rom zip and the installer will look for it and compare the hash. If it doesn't find one it just continues with the installation.
    Check the md5 on your PC after download. I think it highly unlikely that the file got corrupted by copying it from PC to microSD, but there are md5 check apps in the Play Store. Hash the downloaded file on the tablet again and compare it to the md5 sum posted on the download page.
    Last edited by droidbound; 06-17-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    329 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuelke View Post
    since it's not a ZIP file here
    You didn't extract the .zip, did you? TWRP shouldn't have even started the install if you did that. TWRP also allows you to que several .zips, and you need to flash the KK ROM, GApps, and SuperSU all in one session (that is, before rebooting) anyway, queing them makes it easier.

@db, do you remember what extension the md5 file needs? The title must be the same, exactly, as the ROM file, so something like KatKiss-7.1_TF701T_023.zip.md5.txt? Or leave off the .txt?
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times

Success flashing KatKiss #023!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinthefixer View Post
    You didn't extract the .zip, did you? TWRP shouldn't have even started the install if you did that. TWRP also allows you to que several .zips, and you need to flash the KK ROM, GApps, and SuperSU all in one session (that is, before rebooting) anyway, queing them makes it easier.

@db, do you remember what extension the md5 file needs? The title must be the same, exactly, as the ROM file, so something like KatKiss-7.1_TF701T_023.zip.md5.txt? Or leave off the .txt?
    SUCCESS! It was apparently a corrupted #023 KatKiss download or its transfer to the SD. I erased the old files and downloaded a new one, copied it to the SD, and it went beautifully.

A couple of issues that still need work: One place I read to format only cache and data, but on timduru's quick list it states to do a wipe cache/dalvik after flashing GAPPS, the ROM, and SU were already flashed. Since I cued them and flashed them all at one time, do I still need to wipe cache/dalvik? I neglected to do it. And I'm wondering if the GAPPS flashed because I have no Google apps on my apps settings list other than Google Play Svc and Google Play Store. If either process were omitted, can I go back and just flash and wipe w/o going through the whole process again?

Thanks again Kevin and DB

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    700 times
    That's pretty much what is included in Pico gapps. https://gapps4android.wordpress.com/...ich-to-choose/
    You can install everything else from Play.
    If you don't run into problems, no reason to wipe cache and Dalvik. On the other hand - they get rebuild during the next boot, so why not wipe them quickly and forgettaboutit? No need to reflash.
    If you want to reflash you always have to flash rom, then gapps. Can't just flash gapps on its own.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times

Thanks, Many Thanks!

That's pretty much what is included in Pico gapps. https://gapps4android.wordpress.com/...ich-to-choose/
    You can install everything else from Play.
    If you don't run into problems, no reason to wipe cache and Dalvik. On the other hand - they get rebuild during the next boot, so why not wipe them quickly and forgettaboutit? No need to reflash.
    If you want to reflash you always have to flash rom, then gapps. Can't just flash gapps on its own.

Everything seems OK otherwise. I thought GAPPS would download a Google bundle w/ Gmail, chrome, etc., but i can find that at the store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links