Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    74884
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times

    TF700T with Cromi-X 5.4

    Hi All,

    I recently installed Cromi-X 5.4 on my TF700 and it has been running smoothly to date. I really didn't have an issue with the tablet itself, aside from Internet browsing on the stock system - it was laggy and the virtual keyboard sometimes took forever to register key touches. I know that the Cromi-X ROM itself already has pre-configured settings that optimize the performance of the tablet, but I'm curious to know if there are any other settings that I can check/set that can make it even better or faster?

    These are the current settings that I have configured and apps that are enabled/used with Cromi-X:
    - animation settings set to .5X from 1X
    - standard processes set to 4 from standard
    - run LagFix Free every week (is it normal for it to stay on the screen for a long time after clicking "Run"? If I click out to the home screen, is it still running?)
    - Cleanmaster boosting of RAM periodically
    - Disabled some apps/programs that start up automatically
    - Turned off auto app updates from Play Store

    I surf the internet heavily using the tablet using the stock browser and sometimes notice that there is a "slowdown" (I'm talking about 2-3 seconds at most) for a graphically intensive page to load - like Amazon. This still is lightning fast as compared to before when I was on the stock ROM. Are there any other settings that I can configure to make the system run smoother using this custom ROM?

    Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by unioncorps; 12-04-2014 at 08:06 AM.

  2. #2
    Developer
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    65785
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    363
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unioncorps View Post
    Hi All,

    I recently installed Cromi-X 5.4 on my TF700 and it has been running smoothly to date. I really didn't have an issue with the tablet itself, aside from Internet browsing on the stock system - it was laggy and the virtual keyboard sometimes took forever to register key touches. I know that the Cromi-X ROM itself already has pre-configured settings that optimize the performance of the tablet, but I'm curious to know if there are any other settings that I can check/set that can make it even better or faster?

    These are the current settings that I have configured and apps that are enabled/used with Cromi-X:
    - animation settings set to .5X from 1X
    - standard processes set to 4 from standard
    - run LagFix Free every week (is it normal for it to stay on the screen for a long time after clicking "Run"? If I click out to the home screen, is it still running?)
    - Cleanmaster boosting of RAM periodically
    - Disabled some apps/programs that start up automatically
    - Turned off auto app updates from Play Store

    I surf the internet heavily using the tablet using the stock browser and sometimes notice that there is a "slowdown" (I'm talking about 2-3 seconds at most) for a graphically intensive page to load - like Amazon. This still is lightning fast as compared to before when I was on the stock ROM. Are there any other settings that I can configure to make the system run smoother using this custom ROM?

    Thanks for your input!
    Have you tried br2ram to boost your internet speed? Are you using f2fs for your data partition? Are you using _that's kernel?

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    74884
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Is br2ram an app you can download? I thought that was pre-configured in the Cromi-X ROM?

    As far as f2fs and kernel options, I left the default options selected when I flashed Cromi-X. I'm not sure what selections that were chosen... how can I check? Can I change those options from the tablet settings or will that require me to reflash the ROM from TWRP?
    Last edited by unioncorps; 12-04-2014 at 08:45 AM.

  4. #4
    Developer
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    65785
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    363
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unioncorps View Post
    Is br2ram an app you can download?

    As far as f2fs and kernel options, I left the default options selected when I flashed Cromi-X. I'm not sure what selections that were chosen... how can I check? Can I change those options from the tablet settings or will that require me to reflash the ROM from TWRP?
    There is an app for creating br2ram but it will create the init script to run during booting. You can add it in the init.d foldrer with a proper permission for it to run. A default for Cromi X is an ext4. I am very sure _that is a default kernel for Cromi X. You can check it under device setting on your device under About and scroll down to the kernel information.

    The best way is to reinstall the rom and select a properly options during installing. If you like _that's kernel, he released the latest version 11. You can download it and install it in the twrp, good luck.

    Edit: you can go here and check for the br2ram script: /system/ect/init.d and look for the br2ram script.
    Last edited by LetMeKnow; 12-04-2014 at 08:55 AM.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    50369
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Europe and Japan
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    800
    Liked
    249 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unioncorps View Post
    - run LagFix Free every week (is it normal for it to stay on the screen for a long time after clicking "Run"? If I click out to the home screen, is it still running?)
    Yes, it's normal. It takes a while to scan through all it has to scan through. As for going to the home screen, I believe it continues to work - it's actually just executing a command line tool.
    However, it's probably not optimal to do too much else while it's running. Maybe.

  6. #6
    Soundwave
    Member #
    74884
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks LetMeKnow. I don't have the tablet in front of me but when I'll check what kernel I'm running. I'm not all too familiar with running scripts, so I'd defer to the default for Cromi-X. If the br2ram default and kernel default were chosen when Cromi-X was being installed on the tablet, I suppose that it's functioning the way it should be then...

    Aside from this, are there any other things that you're aware of that can help performance? Again, it runs much faster than the stock ROM of course but I'm just wondering if I can make it anymore faster. The settings and system apps I run above is currently what I've done so far with this custom ROM installed.

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    74884
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    Yes, it's normal. It takes a while to scan through all it has to scan through. As for going to the home screen, I believe it continues to work - it's actually just executing a command line tool.
    However, it's probably not optimal to do too much else while it's running. Maybe.
    Gotcha. So if I just left the tablet as is running with the fstrim command line on the screen, it'll still run also even when the screen dims then turns off?

  8. #8
    Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    50369
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Europe and Japan
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    800
    Liked
    249 times
    I'm quite sure it does, yes.

    -Tor

  9. #9
    Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,724
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
    There is an app for creating br2ram but it will create the init script to run during booting. You can add it in the init.d foldrer with a proper permission for it to run. A default for Cromi X is an ext4. I am very sure _that is a default kernel for Cromi X. You can check it under device setting on your device under About and scroll down to the kernel information.

    The best way is to reinstall the rom and select a properly options during installing. If you like _that's kernel, he released the latest version 11. You can download it and install it in the twrp, good luck.

    Edit: you can go here and check for the br2ram script: /system/ect/init.d and look for the br2ram script.
    A little rusty here dear friend???
    b2r has been backed into CROMi-X since.... forever

    _that11 with f2fs/data2sd doesn't work out of the box on CROMi-X. You get either "encryption unsuccessfull" error and/or data doesn't mount.
    But kansasboy just made some changes to it where he used some init.d files from CROMBi-KK and changes to the ramdisk. No idea if it works though
    It's here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5548
    The conversation with _that is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...230059&page=50

    @OP I probably would go for data2sd and see if that helps. f2fs might help to prevent increasing lag over time, but doubt that it'll do much for speed. Or try CROMBi-KK if you start messing around anyway....
    If you do that install the RC3 version, not the latest R1 or R2. A lot of folks have trouble with R1, R2...

  10. #10
    Soundwave
    Member #
    74884
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post

    @OP I probably would go for data2sd and see if that helps. f2fs might help to prevent increasing lag over time, but doubt that it'll do much for speed. Or try CROMBi-KK if you start messing around anyway....
    If you do that install the RC3 version, not the latest R1 or R2. A lot of folks have trouble with R1, R2...
    I apologize for my noobness... I'm not sure what this means or does. I guess my thoughts/impressions were once installing Cromi-X that I wouldn't experience lags that I encountered with the stock system. Not that I do terribly by any stretch of the imagination now with Cromi-X installed, but I do occasionally get a 2-3 second delay at most when loading a few graphically intensive webpages using the stock browser.

    Are there any other hidden settings or configurations that you'd suggest or that Cromi-X offers?

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a way to add Wallpapers to CROMI-X?
    By rt1999 in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2014, 06:19 AM
  2. Still like it - Since flashing CROMi-x
    By lewinatl in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) ROMs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 08:17 AM
  3. CROMi-x wifi question
    By lewinatl in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) ROMs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 05:38 PM
  4. Cromi-x - updating
    By nate39 in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) ROMs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-22-2014, 07:57 AM
  5. CROMi-X 5.1 vs CM 10.2 vs CM 10.1 stable
    By kbboykin in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) Development
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 07:13 PM

Search tags for this page

asus tf700t cromi-x
,
asus tf700t cromix
,
chromi x odex tf700t
,

cromi x tf700t

,

cromi-x

,

cromi-x tf700t

,
cromi-x tf700t no lag
,
how to get into cromi-x settings
,
how to get to cromi- x settings
,
tf700 chromi x
,
tf700t cromi-x
,
tf700t lagfix
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:41 AM.