Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [SOLVED]Custom ROM/recovery not booting - Did I brick my TF700?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times

[SOLVED]Custom ROM/recovery not booting - Did I brick my TF700?

Seems I made a nice mess out of my first attempt at this ROM. I have been using Cromi-X ever since I got the TF700, but wanted to try this ROM as a last attempt to sort out my lag issues with this device. I did a full format, but something went wrong and I had no progressbar or anything. So after 20 min or so I rebootet, but now Cromi-X dont boot, and when I try to access recovery the TeamWin logo just slowly flashes and that's it.

I can access the bootloader and choose RCK, coldboot or wipe data, but that's it.

Is there some way of installing recovery now, or is the device bricked and ready for the junkyard?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hanzo View Post
    Seems I made a nice mess out of my first attempt at this ROM. I have been using Cromi-X ever since I got the TF700, but wanted to try this ROM as a last attempt to sort out my lag issues with this device. I did a full format, but something went wrong and I had no progressbar or anything. So after 20 min or so I rebootet, but now Cromi-X dont boot, and when I try to access recovery the TeamWin logo just slowly flashes and that's it.

I can access the bootloader and choose RCK, coldboot or wipe data, but that's it.

Is there some way of installing recovery now, or is the device bricked and ready for the junkyard?
    Can you be more specific? What ROM were you trying? What recovery were you using?

If you can get to the bootloader and use fastboot on your computer to communicate between the two then everything will be fine.

You may have to do a full format in recovery after as you may have corrupted the file system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    I was trying to install Cromi's Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM, but the whole thing went sideways during the format before I even attempted to flash. I tried using fastboot now, running the command fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp-2.6.3-that3.blob, I got the bar going on my TF700, but sadly after a reboot it's still only flashing.

Should I try a wipe from bootloader and then reinstall TWRP, or what you be your next move on this?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I was trying to install Cromi's Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM, but the whole thing went sideways during the format before I even attempted to flash. I tried using fastboot now, running the command fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp-2.6.3-that3.blob, I got the bar going on my TF700, but sadly after a reboot it's still only flashing.

Should I try a wipe from bootloader and then reinstall TWRP, or what you be your next move on this?
    I would try a different recovery file just to be sure there is nothing wrong with it.
    I'm sure that one if our other users can sort you out.

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT USE THE WIPE BUTTON IN BOOTLOADER.

This is the worst thing you can do when you are unlocked.

I.think that your problem. Is that the recovery needs to boot into android before it gets completely written to. I would try running the command again, wait for the blue bar and then use the android button in the bootloader to boot into system.

Of course you will not have anything (ROM or firmware) to load but it should allow for the recovery to permanently install. After you tap the android button, hold the power button to boot back into recovery and sew I it worked.

If that doesn't work then someone else can assist you in using fastboot to flash official Asus firmware so that there is something to boot into after you install the recovery.

Hope all of this helps.

*I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    Thansk again, I tried this but sadly I'm still stuck on flashing teamwin screen after a reboot. I did install CWM recovery, and I'm able to enter that. Sadly thatone also seems flaky, it reboots when I try to wipe data and just enters a black screen, and if I try to flash Cromi Kitkat all it does is reboot.

If someone could offer up advice on how to flash stock Asus firmware I would be very happy indeed!

EDIT: I downloaded Asus firmware, and after unzipping I'm left with a large blob file, can I flash that using fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery blob?
    Last edited by hanzo; 03-30-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Thansk again, I tried this but sadly I'm still stuck on flashing teamwin screen after a reboot. I did install CWM recovery, and I'm able to enter that. Sadly thatone also seems flaky, it reboots when I try to wipe data and just enters a black screen, and if I try to flash Cromi Kitkat all it does is reboot.

If someone could offer up advice on how to flash stock Asus firmware I would be very happy indeed!

EDIT: I downloaded Asus firmware, and after unzipping I'm left with a large blob file, can I flash that using fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery blob?
    Use the second section of this guide. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=39069538
    I believe there is a special command you have to use.

______

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    hanzo sez:
    I downloaded Asus firmware, and after unzipping I'm left with a large blob file, can I flash that using fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery blob

Here is the guide to installing the stock firmware -- looks like you unzipped twice? Only unzip the firmware download ONCE.

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...irmware+update

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    I tried this route:

1. Download the latest version of Android for your tablet. Make sure you download the correct SKU version.
    A. To find the SKU, go into settings, About tablet, and look for your Build Number, There are two letters (such as US,WW, TW, etc.) that is your SKU. When downloading the zip from ASUS', you must download the correct SKU zip.
    2. Decompress downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
    3. Rename it to:
    A. For the TF700 and TF300: EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
    B. For the TF101: E101_SDUPDATE.zip
    4. Make sure your MicroSD card is formatted Fat32. It must be Fat32 Format or it will not work.
    5. Copy the file to (the root directory of) your MicroSD
    6. Insert the MicroSD into the tablet
    7. Shutdown (power off) the tablet
    8. Power it on by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons simultaneously
    9. When you see white text in the top left corner of the screen, release the buttons ^^ and press VOLUME UP button (on RCK, this is your recovery which should already be selected) until you see Android logo and process bar
    10. Give the update process 5-10 minutes. It should not take longer than that. If it happens to run for more than 45 minutes to an hour, force shut down the tablet and see if it boots. If it does not, try rerunning steps 7-9.

So I unzipped once, but that file on my card and inserted it into my TF700. I then did a reboot while holding volume, and enter the RCK, android icon, wipe data screen. From there it seems I am to select RCK? Problem is, then TWRP starts loading and it locks on the startupscreen again.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    You need a stock recovery for that methods

______

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times

As long as you still can boot into your bootloader, you should be fine. May I ask, what twrp version are you installing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links