Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Smile [ SOLVED ] My TF700T locks up and reboots after upgrading with custom rom.

Hello. First timer here.
    I recently flashed CM-4.4-20140211-CMB4.4.2-TF700T.ZIP and CMB_KKGAPPS_20131209.ZIP.
    After rebooting everything seems fine for 10 seconds, then it freezes for a few seconds, reboots and the same again.

Rooted and unlocked.

Bootloader: 10.4.4.25

Recovery: CMW v6.0.4.7

I can recover with 4.1.1 and 10.4.4.25 with no problem. Any idea of what could be wrong?

Thank you in advance for your great help!

Harry
    Last edited by harjohn; 03-07-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    I had the same problem with an OTA update to CM 4.4.2 20140308.

I downloaded it...and then it did the update via the recovery. It then rebooted, and (the latest snapshot) each time it got to the lock screen, would drop to a reboot loop. Could never even try to unlock from the lock screen. It was fatal. I then via recovery, re-applied from my internal SD card the previous ROM, and had no further problems. I then decided to see if it was just a bad update...and did the whole sequence again. Once more...with the update snapshot of 20140308, the same thing. Boot to lock screen, flash...and then start the whole initialization sequence again. This snapshot was from a request for a stable download only. It isn't. So...for the time being, will use the stable download, and will check each week to look for a later snapshot update beyond the one with the reboot loop bug. So, you are not alone...it is the update.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TF700user View Post
    I had the same problem with an OTA update to CM 4.4.2 20140308.

I downloaded it...and then it did the update via the recovery. It then rebooted, and (the latest snapshot) each time it got to the lock screen, would drop to a reboot loop. Could never even try to unlock from the lock screen. It was fatal. I then via recovery, re-applied from my internal SD card the previous ROM, and had no further problems. I then decided to see if it was just a bad update...and did the whole sequence again. Once more...with the update snapshot of 20140308, the same thing. Boot to lock screen, flash...and then start the whole initialization sequence again. This snapshot was from a request for a stable download only. It isn't. So...for the time being, will use the stable download, and will check each week to look for a later snapshot update beyond the one with the reboot loop bug. So, you are not alone...it is the update.
    You can't go from a nightly to a monthly snapshot without deleting cache and data. Nightlys and monthly builds are not in the same linear path. Read the cyanognemod faq describing the difference.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    You might want to give this a read. http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cm-1...-release-items
    Nightlys actually have newer code than snapshots so flashing a snapshot over a nightly can have bad effects. Also it is possible that that particular nightly had some bad code in it that wouldn't let it boot. In that case I would simply flash another less recent nightly.

I would recommend you back up your app data and do a factory reset in TWRP to clear things up. This will cause less problems in the future as you will get rid of older ROM data that may cause problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for your response and input. Will arm myself with it for sure! Having a ball with my 'totally new' tab...

Post Edit...just read the post and fully explains what a nightly and M-release is. No further issues anticipated. Wonderful...and never looking back...just have to decide if I am a 'nightly' or stable/M' type, lol.....
    Last edited by TF700user; 03-11-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    Just read the explanation post on the CM site...and now am up to speed. Thank you for your suggestions!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links